Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

4.5 to 5.1 HF1, is it time?

7 hours ago, BXA330 said:

Well installed 5.1 with hotfix. First time running V5 since I bought it the first week it came out. So far very enjoyable experience. Doing a flight VHHH-ZBAA with Aerosoft A330. Only other addons installed are FSUIPC, Active Sky with latest update, GSX, ORBX Global base. And scenery for both airports. Taxi2Gate and A_A Sceneries. Very smooth with no stutters. Only complaint is the depiction of clouds. Not sure how to fix if possible. But so far its running very good.

I was a bit like you about the depiction of clouds, but when you installed the hotfix it did not update the volumetric clouds.cfg.

If you delete this file and restart the sim, clouds should be a lot better. There is a thread about this from Rob about this.

Not sure if this is your problem, apologies if you have already done this

Regards

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

On 11/23/2020 at 7:35 AM, Steve_Ellis said:

I was a bit like you about the depiction of clouds, but when you installed the hotfix it did not update the volumetric clouds.cfg.

If you delete this file and restart the sim, clouds should be a lot better. There is a thread about this from Rob about this.

Not sure if this is your problem, apologies if you have already done this

Regards

Ahhhh!! Ok! I did not know about this. Will check now. Thank You!

• Like 1

I spent a full day installing v5.1.1 with only a few add-on airports and GSX.   I'm getting "No Jetways Here" at add-on airports other than those authored by FSDT.  I've asked for help of their forums but so far no luck.  For me that will be a deal breaker.

Edited by Chuck Dreier

On 11/21/2020 at 10:23 PM, mwilk said:

ActiveSky has been updated to work with the latest Hot Fix.

But you have to already be enrolled in the open Beta right? I took the v4.5 to v5.1.1 leap this week. Have everything installed and set up pretty well. Haven't experimented with EA off yet, but without ActiveSky I'm just waiting...

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

17 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

But you have to already be enrolled in the open Beta right? I took the v4.5 to v5.1.1 leap this week. Have everything installed and set up pretty well. Haven't experimented with EA off yet, but without ActiveSky I'm just waiting...

I'm not sure. Check HiFi's download page. You should be able to download the latest update.

NAX669.png

57 minutes ago, mwilk said:

I'm not sure. Check HiFi's download page. You should be able to download the latest update.

Yep, I just got it! Thanks. But I won’t know til I install if my key from ASP4 works since I didn’t sign up. 

Edited by bbuckley

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

11 hours ago, bbuckley said:

Yep, I just got it! Thanks. But I won’t know til I install if my key from ASP4 works since I didn’t sign up. 

Nope, I was right the first time, unless you are already enrolled for the beta when you run ASP3D the log in fails.

No Milviz planes which might not be a problem for you 

or rather only the KingAir, a Fighter Jet- Talon and WW11 twin boom fighter 

Rather a hole in the boat for me as Bush Pilot-No Beavers ,Otters etc

xxd09

On 11/21/2020 at 9:48 PM, Gabriellc said:

Yes

Runs smoother than 4.5 without stuttering with more stable FPS

My specs: Ryzen 5 2600x, 16 Gb Ram, Win 10, GTX 1080, many addons

That's encouraging to hear. 

I have similar specs to yours especially ram and video card.

My only bump in the road is my c drive ssd is has only 9gb free space. I need to find a way to migrate to larger ssd without the need to buy new windows 10 license. I already upgraded it from windows 7.

My other concern is my vram space on my 1080 graphics card is 8gb. Is that enough to run p3d with many addons like activesky, pmdg and fslabs and orbx?

Bilal Asif Khan

On 11/23/2020 at 12:31 AM, Bert Pieke said:

For what it is worth, I just deleted V4.5. off my system 🙂

With the new Hotfix and 5.1, I think that I too, Bert, am ready to delete 4.5.  It was a nice ride, while it lasted...but it's time.

Stan

• Like 2

I upgraded over the weekend. Been on the fence for the last few months on which way to proceed sim-wise, but after fiddling around with HF1 for a few hours, I don't regret getting it - on the contrary! To me, 5.1 with EA on narrows the graphical gap to MSFS considerably. And while my 5.1 installation isn't as comprehensive as my 4.5 setup (yet), performance does seem to be noticeably better. So here's one more vote for upgrading!

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else