Sign in to follow this  
wthomas33065

CTD with Orbx KTIW and Drzewiecki Designs Seattle

If both these packages are loaded the the community folder in MSFS it appears they will cause a CTD if you attempt to start a flight in the area.

I had both packages active and attempted to load a flight at KRNT.  After clicking "Fly Now" in the flight planner, the simulator would load and then CTD before the flight finished loading.

Disabling any one of these packages in the community folder clears the CTD.   Both Orbx and Drzewiecki Designs have been informed on their respective Support Forums.

Oddly enough I have no issues, and I just completed a flight in the KSEA area without issue (KTIW to KRNT).

Edited by crosswind

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I don't know what to say.  When I have both packages active I CTD before the flight begins.  I even tried loading up at KTIW as the origin.  

It was working fine before I added drzewiecki seattle, and it works fine if I disable it.  I'll do some more testing

Also got random CTD in that area flying from CYVR toward Seatle

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Interesting to say the least.  I will do some more testing when I get back home tomorrow.  What I did notice in my Sim though is that I am on version 1.10.8.0, and I am not able to get the sim to update to the latest. 

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

1 hour ago, crosswind said:

Interesting to say the least.  I will do some more testing when I get back home tomorrow.  What I did notice in my Sim though is that I am on version 1.10.8.0, and I am not able to get the sim to update to the latest. 

Hi Simeon,

Is there an error that appears while trying to update, is it 0x80070141 error by any chance?  

\Robert Hamlich/

6 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Also got random CTD in that area flying from CYVR toward Seatle

I read somewhere a post from FSDT mentioning the CYVR area is prone to CTD in MSFS, but not due to their Vancouver Scenery.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

7 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I read somewhere a post from FSDT mentioning the CYVR area is prone to CTD in MSFS, but not due to their Vancouver Scenery.

Cheers, Ed

I have FSDT's CYVR installed and have not added Orbx or Drzewiecki installed and do not experience any CTD's.  I am not going to waste my money on anything outside of airport scenery when the real world below is depicted.

Edited by HUSSAR

\Robert Hamlich/

1 minute ago, HUSSAR said:

I have FSDT's CYVR installed and have not added Orbx or Drzewiecki installed and do not experience any CTD's.  Really not sure why people would waste their money on anything outside of airport scenery when we have the real world depicted.

I have FSDT's CYVR too, without issues. I understand some people want to use handcrafted cities and landmarks, like DZ's Seattle because they don't have a good internet connection and the photogrammetry is not displayed well on their systems. In other cases, there's no photogrammetry available yet (and maybe will never be) and the handcrafted cities are the best solution for now.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Good point Ed, didn't think of that.

\Robert Hamlich/

I have FSDT's CYVR and it works just fine.

I have narrowed it down to the Orbx KTIW and Drzewiecki Designs Seattle Scenery.  If both are active, you can't transition from flight planner to any airport in the area.  It CTD's.

I was able to originate a flight from Flightbeam KPDX with both the Orbx and Drzewiecki Design packages loaded, but as soon as I approached ALDER it CTD's.

I love the Orbx package because it renders the Tacoma Narrows Bridges properly.  But with the CTD's I can't keep it loaded.  The Drzewiecki package is pretty compelling, especially at night.  Seattle is lit up like the jewel that it is.   

I guess I'll look for some 3rd party freeware replacements until it's resolved.

I'm having the exact same issue as OP has described. Can't load into any airport anywhere near Seattle, Washington if ORBX's KTIW Tacoma Narrows airport is installed, which I bought from the MSFS marketplace a day ago. It just produces an instant CTD approximately half a minute after I click the Fly button. I don't have Drzewiecki Design's Seattle addon installed but according to what I just read in ORBX's forum, that addon is also causing the same issue as well.

If I uninstall ORBX's KTIW Tacoma Narrows airport, I can load into any airport in Seattle area as usual, without experiencing CTDs. Have reported it to ORBX: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/203357-tacoma-narrows-ctd/

Edited by EvidencePlz

I'm pleased to announce that my CTD issue involving ORBX KTIW and Pilot Plus EGTB is now 100% solved after installing today’s marketplace update for the latter. Thank you Microsoft!