Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

PMDG 747-400 question

You are setting a departure heading of 99 degrees, but the runway heading appears to be 284 degrees (the opposite direction). Are you using the correct SID (or runway) for departure?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am just curios why you put 8 degrees on  thrust limit page and where you got that from. I thought you were supposed to leave it blank.

I suspect u are extremely heavy by the cargo and fuel, so do not expect miracles.

Video is of low resolution so cannot read the numbers, only judging by takeoff timing and air 'heaviness' 

Artur 

Are you using the "new" method of setting the FMC? Using the centre console FMC to "activate" the DLINK/ACARS menu before entering the info in the main FMC?

Can't tell from your video.

One thing that seems to be missing is the Weight display. Is your MTOW within limits?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

I suspect u are extremely heavy by the cargo and fuel, so do not expect miracles.

Video is of low resolution so cannot read the numbers, only judging by takeoff timing and air 'heaviness' 

The resolution states "720 Auto", but if you click on "720" in the settings menu, the correct resolution is displayed.

With respect to the stated issue, the departure is in the wrong direction for the flightplan, so that 747 is being asked to make an extremely tight 180 degree turn that it is seemingly incapable of making. That is almost certainly resulting in the autopilot "losing connection" with the calculated track.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

You are setting a departure heading of 99 degrees, but the runway heading appears to be 284 degrees (the opposite direction). Are you using the correct SID (or runway) for departure?

That is the exactly same procedure I did in the past with fs9 and FSX. I set Course 099 regardless on Heading. I think they are different. Heading the orientation where the plane is going like using magnetic compass I guess. The Course is the orientation telling the plane where to go.

According to the manual of the 747 v3 yes I found the HDG should match with EICAS. I will give a try, I think is a new procedure. Last night, I tried again (same flight plan) and I engaged AP after 10,000 ft altitude and apparently all went fine except I heard a short time rattle sound. All the rest of the flight went fine. Later, I will check this thread again before repeating the flight. Thanks for guiding me.

Patricio Valdes

Hello there,

To me this looks like a simple case of being overweight sir.

You’re attempting to take off at 396 tonnes from and airfield at almost 6,000ft altitude and in addition putting in an ATM thrust reduction, I’m surprised it even got airborne. In addition I think at those V speeds at that density altitude you would exceed the maximum tyre speeds.

i presume this is using the 400F freighter  which I’m Not familiar with , so don’t know the MTOW but I’m sure without a doubt you’re above the performance RTOW there at that airport.

From what I’m seeing the aircraft is behaving realistically there when you try and engage the autopilot you get the amber line through VNAV as you’re already in the amber band on the speed tape, then the autopilot drops out because it can’t cope.

The solution though is fairly simple , you just need to reduce your cargo and/or fuel load significantly, I would suggest by at least 50 tonnes and you’ll find she probably still struggles slightly but will be much better.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

3 hours ago, JamesIL said:

I am just curios why you put 8 degrees on  thrust limit page and where you got that from. I thought you were supposed to leave it blank.

I don't understand. If you are talking from FMC I entered the LEGS info, Departure/Arrival, Altitude, etc. Not changing anything. Should I change something else?

Patricio Valdes

2 hours ago, Beardyman said:

I will double check on that to stop miracles (lol)

Patricio Valdes

2 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I don't understand. If you are talking from FMC I entered the LEGS info, Departure/Arrival, Altitude, etc. Not changing anything. Should I change something else?

U enter 8 degrees for thrust reduction, so question is from where u get that number to put on ?

Artur 

7 minutes ago, jon b said:

Hello there,

To me this looks like a simple case of being overweight sir.

You’re attempting to take off at 396 tonnes from and airfield at almost 6,000ft altitude and in addition putting in an ATM thrust reduction, I’m surprised it even got airborne. In addition I think at those V speeds at that density altitude you would exceed the maximum tyre speeds.

i presume this is using the 400F freighter  which I’m Not familiar with , so don’t know the MTOW but I’m sure without a doubt you’re above the performance RTOW there at that airport.

From what I’m seeing the aircraft is behaving realistically there when you try and engage the autopilot you get the amber line through VNAV as you’re already in the amber band on the speed tape, then the autopilot drops out because it can’t cope.

The solution though is fairly simple , you just need to reduce your cargo and/or fuel load significantly, I would suggest by at least 50 tonnes and you’ll find she probably still struggles slightly but will be much better.

It is not Cargo. I will review the weight of the plane and repeat the flight later.

Patricio Valdes

i see that ur GW is 396.4, MAX GW is 385.5, u are over the limit, u should not even try to takeoff with such weight

Artur 

4 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

U enter 8 degrees for thrust reduction, so question is from where u get that number to put on ?

Still, I think I climbed at 15 degrees or maybe I didn't see.

Patricio Valdes

1 minute ago, Beardyman said:

i see that ur GW is 396.4, MAX GW is 385.5, u are over the limit, u should not even try to takeoff with such weight

Thanks for looking at. I will check on that weight.

Patricio Valdes