Sign in to follow this  
Fredco

V5 - What do/don't you miss?

17 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I still have v4.5HF2 installed, and like Mr F737NG I prefer to only have one version on my PC. That being the case, I would need the following working to consider "making the leap to the promised land"....

• REX Texture Direct 4 Enhanced Edition (or a suitable alternative that is stable)
  • All of my existing AI plane models (which are v4 compatible)
  • All of my UK/Ireland/Netherlands airports
  • Maximum scenery complexity and autogen density settings without a CTD (6GB GTX 980Ti @ 1920x1080)

Autogen density (in ORBx TrueEarth) at anything less than maximum is a big "No, No" in Mr Chris land.

Which AI traffic package are you using?

My main concern about jumping from v4.5 to v5.1 is VR/OOM with an 8gb graphics card, if EA is disabled would that still be an issue or is it just a fact of life with DirectX12 now? 

JH.

2 hours ago, Fredco said:

Which AI traffic package are you using?

I use a custom AI database for flights to and from the UK and Ireland (and a handful elsewhere) that has been constructed over many years, using flightplans from AIG and others, and a wide range of AI plane models (AIA, AIG, FAIB, FSPX, TFS etc).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Fredco said:

What's your system? That's a pretty big jump.

I'm on i7 7700K 4.2 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti 11 MB, Maximus 9 Formula and 32 GB DDR4 RAM.

1 hour ago, flyingpicket said:

My main concern about jumping from v4.5 to v5.1 is VR/OOM with an 8gb graphics card, if EA is disabled would that still be an issue or is it just a fact of life with DirectX12 now? 

JH.

VRAM management is significantly better in 5.1/HF1, but it's still frustrating for us 8GB VRAM users because there is no texture resolution setting that works in every situation, and that's what ultimately kills your VRAM. So, you might be able to use 2048 textures with texture streaming and EA on at a non-PBR airport, but try it at a newer airport and the sim will turn off EA and revert back to legacy clouds to save VRAM. At the very least, it doesn't seem to crash as much. 

49 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

VRAM management is significantly better in 5.1/HF1, but it's still frustrating for us 8GB VRAM users because there is no texture resolution setting that works in every situation, and that's what ultimately kills your VRAM. So, you might be able to use 2048 textures with texture streaming and EA on at a non-PBR airport, but try it at a newer airport and the sim will turn off EA and revert back to legacy clouds to save VRAM. At the very least, it doesn't seem to crash as much. 

dont worry mate, ive a 1080ti strix with 11gig on it, and a 8700k.

you go to the normal stutter fests like, EGLL,KLAX,KSFO,EHAM,KORD,    the sim will still stutter like a pooping doggy like it always did, dont you worry about that.

14ppkc-6.png

Everything seem to be working just fine now. All I need as a nice GA twin like the Milviz C310....Hint, Hint

Johan Pienaar

2 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

Everything seem to be working just fine now. All I need as a nice GA twin like the Milviz C310....Hint, Hint

Milviz B55 is working 👍

No Realight/Trueglass in that one ! 😎

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

5 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

dont worry mate, ive a 1080ti strix with 11gig on it, and a 8700k.

you go to the normal stutter fests like, EGLL,KLAX,KSFO,EHAM,KORD,    the sim will still stutter like a pooping doggy like it always did, dont you worry about that.

I frequently go to LAX, SFO, ORD.  Try locking at 30.  I don't have ANY issues with stuttering. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I get more stutters in numerous locations around the UK in P3Dv4.5HF2 (including relatively sparse areas) than I do at FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol with ORBx TrueEarth Netherlands rendered at maximum detail levels, and over a hundred detailed AI planes at the airport. Frankly, stutters in P3D make little sense.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Picked up v5 last night (coming from v4.5), and boy am I running into a stuttering mess, even with most options disabled and every slider to the left keeping FPS well into the high double/low-triple digits (or even locked at 30).  I just can't seem to get this sim running smooth with the default aircraft on my 144 Hz 1440p monitor w/ a 3080 and 7700K @ 4.8.  I fly in windowed mode typically with modest eye candy, most sliders in the middle; but I long for the day Gsync seems to "work properly" in the sim for me.  Guess it's back to endless trials of RTSS, Process Lasso, locked/unlocked frames, and affinity mask to hide symptoms because I sure can't figure out what the underlying issue is.

Back on topic though...I'll add one thing I don't miss at all: the long load times of v4, even vanilla.  I was blown away with v5.  I used to be able to pour a cup of coffee while waiting on the splash screen or loading bar.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

14 hours ago, micstatic said:

I frequently go to LAX, SFO, ORD.  Try locking at 30.  I don't have ANY issues with stuttering. 

i run at 30 hertz. flytampa eham is unuseable for me

14ppkc-6.png

14 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I get more stutters in numerous locations around the UK in P3Dv4.5HF2 (including relatively sparse areas) than I do at FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol with ORBx TrueEarth Netherlands rendered at maximum detail levels, and over a hundred detailed AI planes at the airport. Frankly, stutters in P3D make little sense.

my eham is v5.0 is terriible.  v4 is was ok.  maybe im doing something wrong who knows.  i did CYVR TO EHAM last night, smooth as butter out of CYVR.  awful coming into EHAM 😞 

14ppkc-6.png

13 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

i run at 30 hertz. flytampa eham is unuseable for me

that's odd.  EHAM is smooth for me.  To be honest.  Ever since I initially went from 4.5 to 5.0 every single scenery is now smooth.  Back in 4.5 I would have issues at FlyTampa YYZ and FSDT JFK.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

30 minutes ago, micstatic said:

that's odd.  EHAM is smooth for me.  To be honest.  Ever since I initially went from 4.5 to 5.0 every single scenery is now smooth.  Back in 4.5 I would have issues at FlyTampa YYZ and FSDT JFK.  

ive tried everything with it.  removing bgls, putting libaries above/below etc etc etc.

14ppkc-6.png