Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Mathijs Kok Feedback on PBR issues with Aerosoft product(s)

It’s just a funny view he has. You can blame your product or you can blame the market for lack of sales. Eventually it’s not always the market. 

• Like 6

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

AS is helping Asobo with making the SDK more enhanced. That means that MS has made some kind of deal either directly with AS or indirectly...

”Never spit in the well you have drunk from...”

• Like 6

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

40 minutes ago, phmcr said:

Just to remind you and to put things into perspective, Aerosoft are official distributor of MSFS and I recall Kok was very happy with that as I assume he felt the future of Flightsimming was within reach. However, the level MSFS is in now has lowered the enthusiasm of the hardcore simmer to switch over

SImply check the opening screen of their website. It is all about MSFS.

This may be the case. But aren´t we existing customers who also bought products which they sell to earn money based on other platforms?

I think it is our right to be respectful vocal and remind someone on it´s own promise. And let´s not forget, they still  sell those products with P3D V4 and V5 compatibility. As they act professional, they have to support. 

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Aerosoft is a business. It's their perogative to ditch work on products for P3D, just as they have done with AFS2, FSX and FS9 previously.

As customers we can show our response to their decision by not buying their products for MSFS. If the amount of new simmers is multiples more than the current number of P3D & XP simmers *and* they are all buying, then Aerosoft's decision will have been proven correct. If not, then our 'protest' will have an effect.

Whatever happens, we should all support the developers that support our chosen sim platform. I'm more than happy to keep buying new add-ons for P3D and for quite a while yet.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Is Mathijs exaggerating a bit when he states that P3D sales are now "next to zero"?

For me it is zero but not because of Prepar3D but because of Aerosoft.

I continue to invest in the platform (MK-Studios, FlyTampa, OrbX, etc).

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

42 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

For me it is zero but not because of Prepar3D but because of Aerosoft.

I continue to invest in the platform (MK-Studios, FlyTampa, OrbX, etc).

I second that

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Francisco Aguiar

My sales for P3D increased by 100 percent the last 2 months (in comparison to how things have been going).

Regarding PBR, leonardo maddog, Pmdg and even freeware developers as @Kaiii3 has been interacting with Locked Martin on this subject.

LM with 5.1 and HF1 improved the appearance of the metals without the need to change textures or anything on objects. However they provided better ways to make things even better, something that such mentioned developers are looking into.

There are still some bugs that we asked to address for metals, they are in the queue.

Regarding the comments of P3D being a moving target, I don't get this.. MSFS is even worse.. 6 patches so far? Still no SDK completed.. And I don't get access so such patches before hand, despite of being under NDA with MS.. It is so bad I am considering not touching it until 2022.

In the other hand, LM provides each release to all developers before hand, it is communicating with all of us (not like MS), they implement fixes and features we ask.. It can't be such a moving target when you know where it is going.. As opposed with MSFS which we have zero idea.. We only hear the same as general public hear.. The PR..

My 2 cents.. I tagged kaii because he is well known here.. And can testify the interaction LM had with everyone.. So it is not something I advocate.. It is facts..

S.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, simbol said:

My sales for P3D increased by 100 percent the last 2 months (in comparison to how things have been going).

Regarding PBR, leonardo maddog, Pmdg and even freeware developers as @Kaiii3 has been interacting with Locked Martin on this subject.

LM with 5.1 and HF1 improved the appearance of the metals without the need to change textures or anything on objects. However they provided better ways to make things even better, something that such mentioned developers are looking into.

There are still some bugs that we asked to address for metals, they are in the queue.

Regarding the comments of P3D being a moving target, I don't get this.. MSFS is even worse.. 6 patches so far? Still no SDK completed.. And I don't get access so such patches before hand, despite of being under NDA with MS.. It is so bad I am considering not touching it until 2022.

In the other hand, LM provides each release to all developers before hand, it is communicating with all of us (not like MS), they implement fixes and features we ask.. It can't be such a moving target when you know where it is going.. As opposed with MSFS which we have zero idea.. We only hear the same as general public hear.. The PR..

My 2 cents.. I tagged kaii because he is well known here.. And can testify the interaction LM had with everyone.. So it is not something I advocate.. It is facts..

S.

I always appreciate your open words and feedback here Simbol. Of course also kaiii3 his feedback are welcome. I like open minded people and hope we convince some further  devs and companies to go on at LM platform (too).

I wrote Mister Kok an open letter and will wait for some respond on that. 

At least I tried to.....

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, simbol said:

S.

Simbol is spot on this.

I actually uninstalled MSFS (I had 2 months with 4.99 plus did the beta testing)....even I am not touching MSFS2020 till the complex planes from A2A/FSLabs/PMDG/Leonardo show up.  LM did a smashing job with 5.1HF1 release.

LM has created an amazing SDK, and time again many devs out there will not update their coding practices.  If you make products from day 1 with NOT following proper SDK, and as time moves forward your :"house" foundation is weak.  Now the can of worms is even harder to control.  

There are features in SDK that developers are still not even using.  

I keep saying.  Do not buy products from any dev/companies whose support is shoddy or when they complain like this.  Simple search from avsim and dev forums will show results. 

One of things in my other realm of my work is some people complain the stock market is bad etc but in fact it the is person's own trades which are bad and didn't follow the buy/sell rules.  Do not blame the market (this analogy also falls here) - don't keep blaming the sim when products were not adapted to proper SDK and did some fast cost cutting ports.

Same issues kinda happened when things were changing from FSX to P3D v3 lol.  

Be smart, vote with wallet and support the best only.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Come on people in this thread.

It's not like LM is a saint and Asobo the devil...the hyperboles here are astounding.

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I just replied over there with the below (in case my reply gets deleted):

This statement is very confusing because you are willing to spend money on a much more moving target with an incomplete SDK at MSFS? But a much more complete SDK with LM is a no-go? Very odd. It might have just been easier for you to just come out and say Aerosoft is done with P3D and no further support will be provided. What you wrote is just dancing around that anyways. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Eric 

25 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

In the other hand, LM provides each release to all developers before hand, it is communicating with all of us (not like MS), they implement fixes and features we ask.. It can't be such a moving target when you know where it is going

If this was 100% true, we would not have the disastrous v5.0 release which took many by surprise. That fiaco simply wouldn't ve happened. But it did. Just like stuff is broken with Xplane releases and Asobo releases. They are more alike than you want to believe.

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

2 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

If this was 100% true, we would not have the disastrous v5.0 release which took many by surprise. That fiaco simply wouldn't ve happened. But it did. Just like stuff is broken with Xplane releases and Asobo releases. They are more alike than you want to believe.

No I think this are two different things and causes. LM provides prior customer release a release for Beta testers. This means not that every reported "issue" will be solved before releasing a product. Or? 😉

As I understood some beta guys over here....they have reported lots issues but some where not fixed and did not made it into a release.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

25 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

No I think this are two different things and causes. LM provides prior customer release a release for Beta testers. This means not that every reported "issue" will be solved before releasing a product. Or? 😉

As I understood some beta guys over here....they have reported lots issues but some where not fixed and did not made it into a release.

Marcus

How is that last paragraph different that any other sim with closed betas? This happens all the time? Or is LM doing differently than everybody else?

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

AS is focusing on MSFS for sales. 
Many addon airports are being released for it.

However, the only flyable jetliner is the A320 mod, 

So it is nice to have airports with jetways but for 1 jetliner only ? If it stays this way for an extra while Mathijs will see that his MSFS sales, regarding airports, will become less and less.

Regarding beta testing : the LM beta testers are more close to LM than the people at forums to Asobo. Luckily they have seen the light and go back to beta testing. 

But to go back on topic : I know Mathijs in person and I respect him, but imho this is not the way to act..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0