Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Mathijs Kok Feedback on PBR issues with Aerosoft product(s)

7 hours ago, Juliet Alpha said:

I continue to invest in the platform (MK-Studios, FlyTampa, OrbX, etc).

Yup, me too.  Just picked up LatinVFR's Hartford/KBDL on sale for $14 and a few nickels.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

11 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Quote Mathijs Kok/Aerosoft on my question if A330 will need an PBR update and if yes, when we could expect this to happen.

Unfortunately as long as LM is a moving target they are not willing to update. How long this will be.....is written in the stars. For me it seems as if Aerosoft is not communicating with LM at the moment. Why? Because if they would, they could answer this question, regardless the answer´s content.

They are obviously "complaining" the "0 EUR" revenue on this platform but on the other hand not doing something to make their products attractive (again). In fact, they state their products are compatible with V5, which is NOT the case for some of them.

How can we proceed on this? Does someone have good contacts to speak with them? 

Marcus

QUOTE Mathijs Kok:

"When Lockheed settles on a settings that is documented in the SDK we'll check what we can change. For now we are not willing to spend  money on a moving target.  Not with sales for that platform being next to zero".

Linkhttps://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/157193-p3d-v51-hf1-pbr-textures-seem-to-need-an-update-glossy-film-visible/&do=findComment&comment=1002891

MY REPLY ON THIS:

"Thanks for your Reply @Mathijs Kok 

Isn´t that the case right now? When will that "settles" be? This means your A330 product is not compatible with P3D V5 at this moment and for uncertain time. Right?Is there a Timespan which you can communicate (days, weeks months would be enough feedback for me?

I do really understand this from your point of view. But hopefully you see also the users point of view. They are "hanging" in the air for an unknown time which surely does not lead to raising revenue.

I hope you will support us further and update the products which are announced as "compatible" within a couple of days/weeks. I do like the fact LM does enhance the platform and SDK. I do also like the fact it is getting really good right now. But only if the 3.Party do follow and update their products too. Otherwise the platform P3D will be usable, but worthless  and Aerosoft products are not usable and therefore also  worthless. That would be a pity. "

Don't misunderstand Mr. Kok's motives.

Aerosoft has got the exclusive European rights to MSFS, apparently due to Kok's efforts. Its been a goldmine for them and he deserves credit for that.

On the other hand he's constantly bashing P3d. He would love it if P3D disappeared, obviously., so he wants everyone to believe it is.

Its a fine business strategy, but don't look for honest answers from him. He's just trying to push his cash cow.

I used to respect him. Not anymore.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Dan Cole

7 hours ago, bobrbend said:

Don't misunderstand Mr. Kok's motives.

Aerosoft has got the exclusive European rights to MSFS, apparently due to Kok's efforts. Its been a goldmine for them and he deserves credit for that.

On the other hand he's constantly bashing P3d. He would love it if P3D disappeared, obviously., so he wants everyone to believe it is.

Its a fine business strategy, but don't look for honest answers from him. He's just trying to push his cash cow.

This. Mr. Kok's strategy and behaviour explained in simple words.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

And just like a Thanksgiving turkey, this one is done.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case