Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Feature Request - SID/STAR/Approach Overview

I really like this feature that they have in Navigraph Charts and Aivlasoft EFB. It's a visual representation of all the SID/STAR coming from an airport so you can see exactly where they take you. Each SID/STAR is differentiated by their own color and clicking on one of them will further break down and show you all the waypoints associated with that particular SiD/STAR. Making it much easier to connect the dots and ensure that you do not go off course for your departure, arrival, and approach.

The feature as described on https://navigraph.com/products/charts, and I would love to see if something like this can be implemented into LNM.

"Once you have a route, you can visualize the departure procedures on the enroute map to see which SID that fits the selected runway and transition point. Similarly, at the arrival airport, you can visualize the arrival and approach procedures as brightly colored tracks into the airport in order to choose the best one."

sid-star-overview.jpg

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

I would love to see if something like this can be implemented into LNM.

done ...... with more detail !!

for now, cheers

john martin

The example screenshot below shows all the waypoints associated with the SID/STAR when you enable the option "Show waypoint labels". And I love how when you select a runway, it will show you only the valid SID/STAR associated with that particular runway.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-22-at-4-57-13-AM.png

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Here's the same concept for showing the different approaches associated with the runway that's selected.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-22-at-5-03-27-AM.png

Alex, thanks! Definitely looking forward to having this in LNM! Take your time! 🙂 It'll be worth the wait for sure!

I'm already aware of that feature Alex :). Thanks for the tip though for others who aren't aware.

Would it be possible to color code the SID/STAR/APPR path on the map and vertical profile window? Cause right now, SID/STAR/APPR all show as orange lines, enroute is yellow. I would like the lines to be a unique color for SID, STAR and APPROACH. Could we specify the color we want for those?

Screen-Shot-2020-11-22-at-7-46-27-AM.png

Edited by captain420

35 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Could we specify the color you want for those?

I can split up the procedure color setting in options for the different types. Doable.

But let me finish the 2.6 first. 🙂

Alex

• Like 1

Awesome! 🙂 LNM is shaping up to be the must have all-around flight planner! I wish I would had never wasted so much money on PFPX.