Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

HP Reverb G2 with SteamVR for P3D

On 12/6/2020 at 10:30 PM, sbclark said:

KDFW,

How did you get the G2 to work in single pass in P3D?

Bill Clark

This may help answer your question :https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139283

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Thanks, I will forward on to my friend with the G2.

Bill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

found that p3dv4 at 60hz refresh caused my distorted single-pass vr image.  back to 90hz and all was well.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I have the ReverbG2 and have 64G RAM and 24G VRAM (a 3090)

everything maxed  getting 26 to 42 fps in VR 

BUT terrain textures at destination are blurry, and P3Dv5 is saying I am using ONLY 6,3G of the 23G available VRAM. Airport and VC textures are fine. 

HOW do I increase the VRAM used to  20G instead of 6,3G ?

Edited by peppy197

I promised to give an update after receiving and trying the reverb g2.

My ipd of 73 mm was right on the edge, I had a sharp image but often had to readjust the headset to keep it sharp, but I was not disapointed in the image. But I still returned the headset.I think what is essential for a succesful hmd is:

- Much lighter

- a much wider field of few. 100 degrees is like looking through a tube.

- It must get much easier to set and programm the aircraft systems and aircraft instruments when in VR. For example with hand tracking.  

- We need less hassle setting your computer to optimal settings for VR to get the best VR experience and also less hassle to switch between steam, prepar3d, your desktop and stuff like that. I totally start understanding oculus that they choose to leave pc vr for now and try to keep it more simple for now and go mobile. Pc VR is likely way too much hassle for most people at the moment and also too expensive probably.

Just my opion. Although reverb g2 offers a very sharp image I think VR still needs to make some big steps before it is on a level that is really good enough, and easy and comfortable to use. Probably that is also the reason why apple didn’t release a headset yet. They wait untill they can release something that is really good enough (at least that is what I think).

This time, after trying several headsets, I will wait till there is a VR set that at least has the specs above before I step into VR again.

Edited by Neo44