Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

PMDG update

From Robert Randazzo's most recent update from PMDG's forum

Development for MSFS is not going badly- but it isn't going fast, either:
There is more work than we can shoulder, but also a bit more dynamism in the simming community than we are used to as nobody can really predict how much longer it will be before we can bring you our high-end simulations in Asobo's absolutely beautiful simulation environment. I would be lying to you if I tried to distract attention away from the fact that our MSFS development process is *painfully* slow. Far, far slower than we would like. We continue to chip away at the barriers and Asobo has been doing yeoman's work fixing things that we find, correcting things that we squawk, and moving mountains to implement things that we ask for, but at this point we just keep sliding the potential release timeline for any PMDG products in MSFS further and further out on the calendar.

As we watch 2020 dwindle, the planning scope for PMDG 737NG3, our first release for MSFS begins to look more and more like it is still more than a year over the horizon- and while this is frustrating to us, it is simply the reality we deal with in trying to work with a new platform that is still growing into what it ultimately wishes to become. There are many challenges ahead- and the road is difficult from a development standpoint- but work continues.

"Painfully" slow. Ouch.

• Upvote 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Kind of tired of this moaning by developers on the SDK when you see the progress being made FBW, Working Title etc. they are all just quietly getting on with it and delivering.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 2

Well if the SDK is missing the functions that some of the developers need then what do you expect them to do? I’m sure the PMDG has way more lines of code then say the Aerosoft CRJ. Unlike some developers who simple use the default 2020 gauges many need a SDK that will allow them to bring their product into 2020. Because they are pushing it back further then you would like, your moaning about them. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

15 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Kind of tired of this moaning by developers on the SDK when you see the progress being made FBW, Working Title etc. they are all just quietly getting on with it and delivering.

Moaning? I don’t see any moaning but an open assessment of a vendor telling his customer base not to wait the product before a year. Honesty which can only benefit other developers who will release their own products sooner. If anybody moans that would be you 🤣 !

As to compare the fixes of the freeware community to a complete building of a new top-tier aircraft in the new platform, sorry but it doesn’t make any sense, at least to me. Now I am no developer, I am ready to hear any argument to back your statement. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Flythemaddog, FSLabs, Majestic, etc are all saying the same thing. Maybe it's not whining. Maybe it's true.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 6

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Let`s see if their motivation will last until the end. On the other hand there is lots of income to come from a PMDG plane in MSFS. It seems like we are the bumpkins. If one year is not enough (which was to expect), 3 years or even half a century is not unrealistical.

I remember the posts before FS2020 was released, saying FS will be the ultimate solution, when PMDG will release their planes, considering PMDG will fill the gap from the missing simulation aspects. The reality is something different.

I fully support PMDG to release a FS2020 plane when everything is 100 percent right. It`s obvious who has not done the job right.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Flythemaddog, FSLabs, Majestic, etc are all saying the same thing. Maybe it's not whining. Maybe it's true.

It is no doubt true what they are reporting. I suspect it's largely because there is a lot of developmental back-pedalling necessary to facilitate the inclusion of more complex add-ons, rather than simply shoe-horning these additional capabilities in there. Having said that, where there is a will there is a way; sure it might require a bit of effort and some contributions from TPDs themselves, but at the end of the day this is what they are supposed to be experts in, so it's up to them to step up and help Asobo, so that they can ultimately help themselves, which is as I understand it, what Aerosoft in particular are doing.

• Like 9

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Maybe this is so that they can justify the $100.00+ price tag the 737 will come with.

I personally have no problem with waiting and paying top $$$ for a great product.

It is also a way to keep interest up for the upcoming products.

I 2-3 years this debate will not even be remembered. 

• Like 4

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Honestly, I am kind of disappointed from PMDG. At first, they offered their new 737NG on P3D with very good discount for MSFS version and gave us the impression that they know what they are going to deal with on MSFS. Now they are slow on the progress because of the unknowns, okay I get it but why then offer your customers a very attractive discount while you have no idea what you are going to deal with? I honestly respect FSLabs on waiting to see on the SDK without much promising unlike PMDG. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

PMDG keeps talking and talking, others are releasing and fixing. Guess who'll get the $$?

Oh boy oh boy! Could you point me to fslabs Airbus for MSFS? Or Maddog x for msfs? Where can I get these airplanes for msfs? Any chance you could post a link to their purchase sites? I’ve been waiting for a solid quality airliner in msfs. I’m super excited to finally see them released. Who needs PMDG anyways.

thanks in advance!

• Like 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Building an aircraft on top of the standard sim implementation for avionics (Autopilot, FMS, flight dynamics, engine simulation, etc....) is not a big deal. That was also done for P3D (e.g. by Carenado).

Developing their own Autopilot, engine simulation, etc.... needs an SDK. 

And that's what's missing in MSFS.

Karl

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

It is exactly as I expected, so this is less news and more confirmation to me.