Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Shout Out to Ralph at SimAddons

This weekend I picked up the P3Dv5 Canadian airport pack from SimAddons. Ralph’s responsiveness and customer service is unmatched as far as I am concerned. He is simply fantastic to do business with.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

which package did you get?  I've been considering the one with Toronto YTZ.  I just didn't know if they have a thanksgiving sale planned. 

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I don't understand why SimAddon airports are mentioned so rarely in the community. I have all of them for Prepar3d as well as MSFS and I really like them. And yes, Ralph's customer service and forum are excellent.

Kind regards, Michael  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

28 minutes ago, pmb said:

I don't understand why SimAddon airports are mentioned so rarely in the community. I have all of them for Prepar3d as well as MSFS and I really like them. And yes, Ralph's customer service and forum are excellent.

Kind regards, Michael  

I agree 100%. Especially in MSFS they look amazing. He's getting to the point where he's covering every major Canadian city that hasn't been done by someone else already (YYZ YUL YVR). FST. FlyTampa FSimStudios + Sim Addons is a great combination. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Personally I'm always taken aback a little by the lack of graphical fidelity... I would say they look fine overall, and I appreciate the addition of city buildings in some packages, but to me it seems as though the packages focus on quantity over graphical fidelity. I'd rather invest in a  single great looking airport then a bunch of ones that look less nice. Because in reality, I would probably hardly ever visit them in the sim...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

which package did you get?  I've been considering the one with Toronto YTZ.  I just didn't know if they have a thanksgiving sale planned. 

I got the entire P3dv5 package, there are three regions included. My suggestion is to send an email to Ralph letting him know what you want to buy. He may very well offer you a discount. I am not aware that an official sale is planned.

Cheers, Pete

@PilotPete99  Well I just bought the package with toronto, ottawa, winnipeg.  I am flying the Q400 very heavily right now.  I had been saying I was going to learn that plane for atleast a year.  The last few weeks I rolled up my sleeves and starting to feel pretty comfortable with it.  So I figure I'll get my value out of it.  Haven't installed it yet.  I also have FlyTampa YUL/YYZ and Fsim YVR and CLW.  Awaiting their Halifax.  I really enjoy winter weather flying.  

• Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

@PilotPete99  Well I just bought the package with toronto, ottawa, winnipeg.  I am flying the Q400 very heavily right now.  I had been saying I was going to learn that plane for atleast a year.  The last few weeks I rolled up my sleeves and starting to feel pretty comfortable with it.  So I figure I'll get my value out of it.  Haven't installed it yet.  I also have FlyTampa YUL/YYZ and Fsim YVR and CLW.  Awaiting their Halifax.  I really enjoy winter weather flying.  

Nice thing too is that those Canadian airports are perfect for the Porter Airlines Q400, as they fly to many of those airports. I may do one of those flights myself today. I am also a big WestJet fan, I just love the colors and the logo.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2

Hello,

How do these airports packages work in P3Dv5 with ORBX (Base + Vector + North America)?

Any problems of some sorts, like elevation issues?

Cheers, Vvince

I’ve had no problems yet, but I’ve only had the bundle a few days.

Very happy so far.

• Upvote 1

How is the purchase delivered? Is there any download option after purchase? 

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Just download and install. You are sent the key to do the install. Seamless. I've been a SimAddOns customer for I guess 10 years, a long time anyway, and am very pleased with Ralph's creations and after sales service. If you are after Canadian airport sceneries these are recommended.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. 

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Come up with southern Ontario(Windsor, Sarnia, London) and I am IN.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

18 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

Come up with southern Ontario(Windsor, Sarnia, London) and I am IN.

Send in a Suggestion. I'd like London CYXU.

• Like 1