Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Rex Weather Force 1.2 (just released)

Is anyone using this latest version? If so perhaps you would give a brief review. Thanks.

Dave

Waiting for Just Flight store update for testing it, I can't see anything in the update log regarding the fps issue.

Alexander Colka

i made many test flights with the latest update Still the same stutters when new weather is injected. Disable/enable Aerosol new feature didn't make any difference. For sure has to do with the procedure of re-formation of  clouds on every Metar update. This is the main cause of those stutters in my opinion. Returned back to Default weather, its not accurate like Weather Force, but runs stable and smooth with out main issues.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

5 minutes ago, Sanctus said:

i made many test flights with the latest update Still the same stutters when new weather is injected. Disable/enable Aerosol new feature didn't make any difference. For sure has to do with the procedure of re-formation of  clouds on every Metar update. This is the main cause of those stutters in my opinion. Returned back to Default weather, its not accurate like Weather Force, but runs stable and smooth with out main issues.

Such a pity would be great if that could be resolved

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

The FPS drop seems to be related to the weather transitions. But there has been no improvement there.

I

5 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

The FPS drop seems to be related to the weather transitions. But there has been no improvement there.

It can be severe,I received advice from rex support to lock frame rates in 30 to fps in the Sim which helped some what

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

16 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

I

It can be severe,I received advice from rex support to lock frame rates in 30 to fps in the Sim which helped some what

Funny, I just got the latest version and I am not getting the FPS drops you mention. It's actually working quite well. I use the A320 Neo with the FBW mod mostly. I do have the Aerosol setting off.

Lee

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

7 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Funny, I just got the latest version and I am not getting the FPS drops you mention. It's actually working quite well. I use the A320 Neo with the FBW mod mostly. I do have the Aerosol setting off.

Lee

the main problem at least in my situation is not fps. On every weather update transitions MFS starts to stutter even with high fps ( 50-60s). Stutters are more visible on Exterior view while zooming/moving around the aircraft

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Hi,

This software is totally useless. And when seeing the clouds popping up in the sky (seen in some tests), the immersion his totally broken..

Nothing will replace the in game weather engine that will be surely enhanced in the next months. For now I am very satisfied with it and no need for an external program for that.

Every time I load a flight from my home location with live weather, it is accurate with the real weather I can see from my window.  And the global live weather evolution is accurate also during the flight.

Well done, Asobo.

Patrice.

• Like 6

Patrice Dubois

3 minutes ago, patrice_bambou said:

Hi,

This software is totally useless. And when seeing the clouds popping up in the sky (seen in some tests), the immersion his totally broken..

Nothing will replace the in game weather engine that will be surely enhanced in the next months. For now I am very satisfied with it and no need for an external program for that.

Every time I load a flight from my home location with live weather, it is accurate with the real weather I can see from my window.  And the global live weather evolution is accurate also during the flight.

Well done, Asobo.

Patrice.

Agree 99,98%

1 hour ago, patrice_bambou said:

Hi,

Well done, Asobo.

Patrice.

While I'm glad that live weather works well for you for many of us it does not. It may be related to where we live. Live weather has been broken since day one of Alpha testing and still hasn't been fixed. It's been almost a full year so I'm afraid I don't share your optimism that it will be taken care of.

• Like 5

NAX669.png

10 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

I as well am not seeing this issue. I do experience occasional quick changes in cloud cover, but it is occasional. Very satisfied with this weather engine.  And weather is and always has been important to me when flying.  One important note.  ATIS/AWOS in MSFS is totally trash.  So experience the weather from this REX WF, but ignore what ATIS is reporting.  Seems only the ATIS temp and pressure are accurate to the wx injection.  

Also in some aircraft, and I am flying only GA, the altimeter needs to be set back to 29.92 for MSFS to intercept the glideslope on an instrument approach.  When I set the altimeter to the injected pressure the GS intercept does not happen.  I base what has been injected against real time real world metars and ATIS.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi,

I am seeing severe stutters and FPS drops during transitions. Like someone said earlier the FPS can remain OK (30+) but the stutters are there in both cockpit and external view.

I had hope about Weather Force since in my case (Canada), the default weather is rarely accurate plus the ATIS always reports 3 layers of clouds and the dew point is always 10. I hope Asobo fixis the weather one day. 

cheers

Louis

Right now Rex is the only way I can get weather that consistently matches real world, current conditions.  Until Asobo gets their weather engine to do the same I will use Rex when I need accurate weather, and default when it’s less important so I can take advantage of the better weather transitions in default.  

Edited by regis9
  • Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU