Sign in to follow this  
misgav

recommendation for Boeing aircraft

Hi

I'm looking for a realistic Boeing aircraft 767 , 737, or 757 for FSXSE. I was disappointed with the Quality wings 757 (there is a glitch with the panel display).

I used to run the great Level D 767, but I understand it's not compatible. I'm looking for systems fidelity like a realistic FMC' options for cold and dark states, etc.

Any ideas?

Eytan Ornstein

LLHA

4 hours ago, misgav said:

I'm looking for a realistic Boeing aircraft 767 , 737, or 757 for FSXSE.

Hi Eytan,

One airliner worth considering is the iFly 737 which is a superb product with excellent functionality and arguably the best 737 available for FSX now that the PMDG version no longer seems to be marketed for that platform. Of the other Boeing types you mention, I have both the Level-D and Captain Sim 767s, but the quality of the Captain Sim version in my opinion is unfortunately not as good as the Level-D 767. As I don’t have the Captain Sim 757, I cannot comment on that.

If you are willing to look at other Boeing types the PMDG 777 and Quality Wings 787 are both excellent and are worth considering. They are however significantly more resource intensive than the IFly 737, which is always worth keeping in mind with FSX or FSXSE.

Bill

4 hours ago, misgav said:

I used to run the great Level D 767, but I understand it's not compatible.

It is compatible. I have it in FSX-SE. If not, go further and get the PMDG 777. These are the only two reasons I keep FSX in my drive (until I save for the P3D4 777).

Also, since Bill says iFly, they also developed the 747-400. They include a 747-8i. I have it for FS9 (sans the 748), FSX and soon P3D4.

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I too would recommend the iFly 737 NG. Lots of bang for your bucks in terms of all the main series variants, but also lots of selectable options for different avionics fits too, so you can pretty much set it up for an equivalent version which will be very similar to any real-world 737 NG variant as far as a specific airline customer avionics fits are concerned. It's one of the best value airliner add-ons you can get and it's pretty easy on frame rates too.

If you want something a bit old school, the Captain Sim 727 and 707 offer some fun stuff. They fluff the numbers a bit for the different engine variants on the 727s, so the EPR settings are a bit off the real-world numbers, but other than that, they're great fun and pretty true to life in terms of what they simulate.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'll most probably get the iFly 737- it looks like the real thing.

About the Level D 767, glad to hear it's compatible with FSXSE. I'll get it from Flight1

Thanx for all the advice guys!

Eytan

If you have FS9, purchase the FS9 version first, and then purchase the FSX update. It will cost the same as the FSX version standalone.

• Like 1

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Follow up to the above. I purchased the Level D 767 and installed it with the service packs. Upon selecting the 767 and hitting fly, I get this message- "Panel initialization failure, Reinstall Level D sim B767-300", then the program crashes. Reinstalling did not help. Support on the level D forum isn't much help. I opened a support ticket with Flight1, but haven't heard from them.
I seem to recall that someone posted on one of the flightsim forums, that the above issue is related to a windows 10 update, which affected fonts, and cause all kinds of problems, go figure.
Luiz, you said you have the Level d installed on your FSX SE. You didn't experience the above problem?
This is frustrating, grrr.
Eytan.

I didn´t experience this issue, Eytan. However, since Windows 10 update 2004, some modules in FSX started to act up (such as the RAAS and the Maddog 2010 ones). I haven't flown the 767 for at least 3 months (things happened, and then I switched to P3D). Let me check.

On the other hand, have you tried reinstalling the 767?

Best regards,