Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

v5 EA recommended lighting settings

Hello,

I'm about to start my first flight in v5. Wil try with EA on.

Any lighting settings recommendation to make it look realistic?

Shomron

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

1 hour ago, Shomron said:

Hello,

I'm about to start my first flight in v5. Wil try with EA on.

Any lighting settings recommendation to make it look realistic?

Shomron

I set brightness to 1.30, bloom to 0.0 and saturation to 0.80. Auto exposure disabled. I'm happy with my results, however cockpit is too dark + too much contrast. Auto exposure brightens up scene a little but I don't like this effect.

I think everyone has it's own taste, different monitors and color profiles, so it may be hard to give you "perfect" settings. Just try with your HDR sliders 🙂

• Like 2

Adrian

2 hours ago, AdiR said:

I set brightness to 1.30, bloom to 0.0 and saturation to 0.80. Auto exposure disabled. I'm happy with my results, however cockpit is too dark + too much contrast. Auto exposure brightens up scene a little but I don't like this effect.

I think everyone has it's own taste, different monitors and color profiles, so it may be hard to give you "perfect" settings. Just try with your HDR sliders 🙂

I find it is too dark in cockpit and too bright outside in v5.1 HF1. Is there any ways to solve?

Edited by Frank STY

1 hour ago, Frank STY said:

I find it is too dark in cockpit and too bright outside in v5.1 HF1. Is there any ways to solve?

I think we all are on the hunt for a perfect answer to this question right now. 

Eric 

6 hours ago, Frank STY said:

I tried to modify (NGXu - EA+HDR) cockpit lighting using latest Envshade. There is an option to adjust VC and I was able to brighten up cockpit a little bit but... in the night when you turn on cockpit dome lights it's extremaly dark and over-contrasted - more then without any modifications. So this Envsade option is good during a day only. In P3Dv4.5 I used Tomatoshade (sun diffuse and ambient diffuse parameters) to brighten up the cockpit and it worked very well, however it was for no-HDR scenario. I would be happy if someone find a solution. I posted on LM forum a suggestion to make an option to adjust VC brightness (+ contrast). If it's possible with shader tools I suppose it's possible to do with P3D itself. I think aircraft developers must modify textures once again. BTW I'm very happy with new P3D version. I hated EA, now I fly with EA enabled and it's very stable for me and looks nice (however night enviroment must be polished).

Edited by AdiR

Adrian

11 minutes ago, AdiR said:

I tried to modify (NGXu - EA+HDR) cockpit lighting using latest Envshade. There is an option to adjust VC and I was able to brighten up cockpit a little bit but... in the night when you turn on cockpit dome lights it's extremaly dark and over-contrasted - more then without any modifications. So this Envsade option is good during a day only. In P3Dv4.5 I used Tomatoshade (sun diffuse and ambient diffuse parameters) to brighten up the cockpit and it worked very well, however it was for no-HDR scenario. I would be happy if someone find a solution. I posted on LM forum a suggestion to make an option to adjust VC brightness (+ contrast). If it's possible with shader tools I suppose it's possible to do with P3D itself. I think aircraft developers must modify textures once again. BTW I'm very happy with new P3D version. I hated EA, now I fly with EA enabled and it's very stable for me and looks nice (however night enviroment must be polished).

Can you share your Envshade for brighten up VC? And I think the "darkest" cockpit should be QW787.......

32 minutes ago, Frank STY said:

Can you share your Envshade for brighten up VC? And I think the "darkest" cockpit should be QW787.......

I'm at work so have no access to my home PC 🙂 As I remember there's one slider at the bottom ("Aircraft"). You must set it max to the left. I didn't touch any other sliders (all set to "Normal").

Edited by AdiR

Adrian

1 hour ago, AdiR said:

I'm at work so have no access to my home PC 🙂 As I remember there's one slider at the bottom ("Aircraft"). You must set it max to the left. I didn't touch any other sliders (all set to "Normal").

Got it. I'll try it later. I am at work too~~

Thanks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Frank STY said:

Got it. I'll try it later. I am at work too~~

Thanks.

envshade.png

Adrian

This is for EA off + HDR on:

2020-11-23_21-34-55-131.png

2020-11-23_22-29-35-92.png

2020-11-23_21-37-58-556.png

Night + dome light bright + panel lights on:

2020-11-23_21-42-50-519.png

Night + dome lights bright + panel and flood lights on:

2020-11-23_21-44-59-341.png

2020-11-23_21-37-58-558.png

2020-11-23_21-37-58-559.png

Will post more screenshots for EA on later.

Edited by AdiR

Adrian

8 hours ago, AdiR said:

This is for EA off + HDR on:

2020-11-23_21-34-55-131.png

2020-11-23_22-29-35-92.png

2020-11-23_21-37-58-556.png

Night + dome light bright + panel lights on:

2020-11-23_21-42-50-519.png

Night + dome lights bright + panel and flood lights on:

2020-11-23_21-44-59-341.png

2020-11-23_21-37-58-558.png

2020-11-23_21-37-58-559.png

Will post more screenshots for EA on later.

Good. And look forward your EA settings.

Just tried this out with those same settings and my picture looks way different. Everything is so dark with Envshade that I can barely see outside. If I turn HDR off, I get a much better balanced lighting in the cockpit, but this also brightens up the surround scenery too much. Suggestions?

https://prnt.sc/vu4fc9 (HDR on)

https://prnt.sc/vu4j90 (HDR off)

Edited by sho69607

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

Thank you folks for this topic.  I find my settings too blue and too bright.  I look forward to hearing what settings others are using.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home