Sign in to follow this  
pilotjohn

Jitter/shake during banking and looking to the side?

12 hours ago, robert young said:

This is just one of many baked-in effects that the devs keep insisting on. I do wish they would come to an understanding that these effects are always overdone, lacking in subtlety and just communicate a desperation to add in pointless tricks to somehow persuade sim pilots that they are creating an "immersive" experience. It's not immersive. It's just bloody annoying!

Yeah, I totally agree. For myself, I usually turn down the wind setting so turbulence is zero, which improves things considerably. Unfortunately, this also mitigates wave effects on water bodies, which is an unintended consequence. It would be nice if Asobo would slice the turbulence effect by a considerable amount. I have been unable to locate a way or method to turn off the turbulence effect in individual aircraft so for now will have to stick with my workaround of simply turning off turbulence in the wind setting.

• Like 1

Ken

The only time I saw little buffeting in a turn is during POV videos of fighter jets doing abrupt high G turns 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

9 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

The only time I saw little buffeting in a turn is during POV videos of fighter jets doing abrupt high G turns 

To be clear, as for myself I am not talking about buffeting in turns, but overall turbulence shake which is present at all times unless I mitigate it by turning it off via the wind setting. 😊

Ken

2 hours ago, BaronKen said:

To be clear, as for myself I am not talking about buffeting in turns, but overall turbulence shake which is present at all times unless I mitigate it by turning it off via the wind setting. 😊

I know what you are referring to. Those “shaking” are not supposed to be anything related to turbulence .I can only guess  It’s adobo vision of increase loading factor effect in turn 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

15 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

This is not the same as camera shake. Camera shake happens when there are forces acting on the aircraft. This happens in "active pause" which causes simulation to stop. So i think this is unrelated to head movement simulation.

Active pause (none es omen) is just not stopping the simulation completely: try active pause when standing on the apron, add full throttle for a while, switch to outside view and see how the wheels are spinning - and then end active pause and be astonished by the rocket speed the aircraft has developed during the active pause. 😆

Edited by meerkat

I have this too and it triggers me. I cant unsee it. it only happens when you look around with trackir. freelook with mouse or keys is unaffected. 

Lukas Dalton

Can the OP test again with the same zoom level you used in the vid only this time turning towards a dense built up area that has no trees within view ?  In another thread someone posted that this stuttering is occuring when lots of trees are around. I inadvertently confirmed that myself today. If you are able to make the turn stutter free when the scenery is dense but without trees i think we can actually nail down what the issue is and file a proper zendesk instead of just claiming the sim is stuttery which is a little too general.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 hours ago, Maxis said:

Can the OP test again with the same zoom level you used in the vid only this time turning towards a dense built up area that has no trees within view ?  In another thread someone posted that this stuttering is occuring when lots of trees are around. I inadvertently confirmed that myself today. If you are able to make the turn stutter free when the scenery is dense but without trees i think we can actually nail down what the issue is and file a proper zendesk instead of just claiming the sim is stuttery which is a little too general.

I'll try to test it out. Note in the videos that the entire scene is jittery (even during the pause), not just the scenery (the aircraft itself for example), and it feels as if the the camera is being jiggled around an axis. You can actually see this axis of rotation happen when the zoom goes above 50% (in the video where I pause and change the zoom settings). As I zoom from around 35% to >50%, you'll notice there's a rotation introduced in the camera.

Example 3 (rotation during zoom): 

Edited by pilotjohn

This is an annoying bug. The problem with lower Zoom levels is you can't read the intruments on some aircraft, say the TBM... or the CJ4. 

On 11/28/2020 at 9:48 PM, Maxis said:

Confirmed, it happens even over Manhattan. And it's the entire scene, not just the scenery.