Sign in to follow this  
jcirrus

Doors

Hi,

Does anyone know how to open the doors of smaller aircraft such as cessna C208B?
In FSX and P3D there was a key for this purpose (shift + E).

Thanks.

It is not possible to open the doors on the default aircrafts, but you can do so on the Carenado's.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

3 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

It is not possible to open the doors on the default aircrafts, but you can do so on the Carenado's.

Also the Iris Jabiru 160 and 170.

• Like 1

You can do it with nearly every addon aircraft. But not with the default one. The doors are part of the fuselage, its not even a separate object at the 3D level. 

12 hours ago, jcirrus said:

Hi,

Does anyone know how to open the doors of smaller aircraft such as cessna C208B?
In FSX and P3D there was a key for this purpose (shift + E).

Thanks.

Hi;

FS2Crew Pushback Express addon, has a button to open the aircrafts door. As I have seen, it opens the default ones, as well.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

21 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Hi;

FS2Crew Pushback Express addon, has a button to open the aircrafts door. As I have seen, it opens the default ones, as well.

Nope. The Airbus probably, or 787 and 747. But all other aircraft, its technically impossible without editing the 3D files, wich is a massive task. 

30 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Nope. The Airbus probably, or 787 and 747. But all other aircraft, its technically impossible without editing the 3D files, wich is a massive task. 

Oh yes, you are most probably right. Because I use mostly airliners and it was A320.

• Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Not being able to open the doors - for example on the Diamond DA 62 - is huge immersion killer for me. I'd pay Carenado $30 just to be able to open the doors!

Coming 2022 according to the latest dev update. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

58 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Oh yes, you are most probably right. Because I use mostly airliners and it was A320.

I only know because i exported the 3D models to see whats going on, looking at how they made such good looking planes 🙂

Coming soon... "Orbx Doors"...!!!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

The MS/Asobo team should maybe have a partnership with WD-40 ?

• Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, jcirrus said:

Thank you for all your explanations. I didn't know it wasn't possible. Strange, but what to do? Wait...

Wait, or buy a few of the payware planes that have doors modelled.  Not much else you can do.