Sign in to follow this  
Pulsepowered

A320 @ Manhattan in 4K Ultra...with short tutorial

To start off, here is a sample locked at 30fps.

A320 @ Manhattan in 4K Ultra

And here is a short tutorial you guys can try.

First of all, for this to work you need to look at your monitor’s display settings and see if your refresh rate can be changed to 30hz. If you can then don’t do anything yet and continue below:

STEP 1:

Open the simulator and on the settings and turn developer mode ON. And FPS counter ON.(External FPS counters will not be as accurate so don’t use those)

On the graphic settings follow this: (yes, this is just the initial setting that should work for most PC’s)

Resolution - whatever your native monitor resolution is

Vsync - Off

Render scaling - 100

Buildings - med

Trees - med

Grass - med

Antialiasing- TAA

TLoD - 100

OLoD - 100

Clouds - Ultra

Water - low

Ambient Occlusion - high

Anisotropic / TSS - 4x ; 4x4

Tex synthesis - low

Texture resolution - ultra

Shad maps - 2048

Terr shad - 1024

Lens f - on

Bloom - on

Light shafts - low

Windshield eff - ultra

Contact shadows - low

Reflect - high

Depth of field - high

Lens correction - off

Motion blur - off

Traffic sliders at 50

STEP 2:

Now load a flight at KLAX in the A320 at Gate 55. Clear skies. 12:00pm. AI traffic OFF

STEP 3:

Once loaded, connect to external power then slowly pan around the cockpit to load the textures. Then go to exterior view and slowly pan around the plane 360 degrees 3 times to load the scenery.

STEP 4:

Now go back in the cockpit on the default pilot view by pressing “F”

STEP 5: 

Slowly pan around the windows while observing the FPS counter and see if your it is MAINTAINING 28 and above (very important so don’t cheat yourself).

If yes, then go to STEP 6.

If no, then tweak your graphic settings and come back to the cockpit every adjustment until you can MAINTAIN 28 and above. Start by lowering Ambient Occlusion / then clouds / then Object LOD / then render scaling.

STEP 6:

If you are getting between 28-35 fps, go to step 7.

If you are getting more than 35fps, you can now adjust your settings higher starting with buildings then the Anisotropic / TSS the LOD sliders until you can MAINTAIN 28-35FPS while panning around.

STEP 7:

Go to settings, set Vsync - ON @ 60. Then turn off the developer mode then exit the sim.

STEP 8:

Now on the desktop open your display settings and change the monitor refresh rate to 30hz and click apply. Monitor will flicker for a bit. Confirm that you want to “KEEP” the settings. Then restart your computer.

STEP 9:

Open your display settings and confirm you are at 30hz.

STEP 10:

Open the sim and load the flight I described above and pan around the cockpit and exterior. At this point your movement should be smooth. If not, then turn on the fps counter again and start STEP 5. ADJUST UNTIL YOU CAN MAINTAIN 28+ fps while panning.

If you have done everything correctly you should now be able to hop on any plane at most airports (except KJFK and LFPG) and have a smoother flight.

This guide is just half of what it takes. The other half is optimizing windows and programs to be efficient.

I am currently writing a full guide including the Windows installation/optimization part which I will post on a different thread.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Great video and guide

How do you setup the wing/engines view with just a click ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Looks great, but "Glass Cockpit Refresh Rate at Medium? I can't stand that, that is terrible, I sacrifice another setting if I need to instead.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Doesn't work for me...30FPS is a stutterfest. Seems like i'll have to stick to the good ol' 60FPS. :P

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I saw that u have a RTX 3080, not sure there's a difference with an RTX 2080 Ti?

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

The best combo IMO for 4K smooth flights is:

- A 30Hz 4K TV monitor.
- Vsync @ 60
- And obviously the fastest CPU and GPU one can afford.
Then you get 30 fps everywhere, under any weather conditions, with ULTRA settings.
(I am very pleased with the new RTX3090 compared with the 2080Ti, perf wise)

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Currently, there's a lot of problem with the RTX 3xxx series, i'll wait another 3 months, so that all this is resolved.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Allow me to add my 2 cents in this discussion.

You can achieve higher than 30fps over NYC, in 4K, with a 2070S, nearly stutter free, if you're taking care of a few other things to balance everything out.

You might want to further read:

My 2070 SUPER 4K settings and suggestions - episode 2

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

15 minutes ago, Schwarzgruber said:

Currently, there's a lot of problem with the RTX 3xxx series, i'll wait another 3 months, so that all this is resolved.

Like what? Works perfect here. No issues. (3090) And it is also way easy to get more than 30 fps too..... Couple that with G-sync, and locking frames is a thing of the past. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Looks great, but "Glass Cockpit Refresh Rate at Medium? I can't stand that, that is terrible, I sacrifice another setting if I need to instead.

That is on the preset “Ultra” settings

2 hours ago, Schwarzgruber said:
2 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Doesn't work for me...30FPS is a stutterfest. Seems like i'll have to stick to the good ol' 60FPS. 😛

Its about system balance. You can run ultra on 1080p and still stutter if you have your setup wrong.

Edited by Pulsepowered

2 hours ago, Schwarzgruber said:

I saw that u have a RTX 3080, not sure there's a difference with an RTX 2080 Ti?

I was using one before the 3080, and the only difference is just a couple of sliders less, not all ultra. But both are capable of 4k smooth frames.