Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

AZURPOLY - LFTH TOULON HYERES AIRPORT

A new version of the installer has been uploaded. It works without set up error. However, don't bother downloading. Taxiway lights are still INOP.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 11/24/2020 at 8:23 AM, David Roch said:

(You probably mean Monaco otherwise you'll run out of fuel! 😉)

Another gem in the west side of Toulon is Cassis, a beautiful small town with its ancient harbor.
There is an excellent mod here: https://flightsim.to/file/3905/cassis-cap-canaille

Worth a try!

Monte Carlo is another name for Monaco (in France at least) 

2 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Monte Carlo is another name for Monaco (in France at least) 

Monte Carlo is a district in the city-state of Monaco (smarta*s mode off)

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

Monte Carlo is a district in the city-state of Monaco (smarta*s mode off)

While thats true, every one refering to Monte Carlo probably means just Monaco and not only that specific district 😁

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

While thats true, every one refering to Monte Carlo probably means just Monaco and not only that specific district 😁

Yeah I know, I do that as well😬

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Hello, i have read  Sids and Stars totally missing for this scenery airport when you do a flight plan!

Is it True? 

Edited by Jedi928

Jérôme Dietsch

On 11/26/2020 at 6:04 AM, Jedi928 said:

Hello, i have read  Sids and Stars totally missing for this scenery airport when you do a flight plan!

Is it True? 

I just bought it and was gutted to find out I don't see any approaches, STARs or SIDs. I can only select the departure runways (but with no SID). Can't select runway to land!

I only fly the A320 in IFR so this was a worthless purchase. As soon as I remove the scenery, the nav data is back.

1 hour ago, theother1 said:

I just bought it and was gutted to find out I don't see any approaches, STARs or SIDs. I can only select the departure runways (but with no SID). Can't select runway to land!

This is a known issue with many third party airports. It can be worked around by manually setting the ILS frequency in the MCDU. 

BTW, for anyone who has not bought the airport, it's on sale for 49% off. At that price it's a steal.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I suppose that with Navigraph the procedures will appear , correct?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

"I suppose that with Navigraph the procedures will appear , correct?"

I hope so! If someone can confirm it is ok with Navigraph...

Jérôme Dietsch

Navigraph has a sid/star for this airport yes.  Afaik these aren't determined as part of any addon scenery though but purely based on the Airac but I might be wrong.  ILS frequencies are still linked to the airports themselves it seems but as mentioned adding their frequencies manually on the MCDU of the FBW320 when setting up the approach fixes that issues.  Seems a good airport for the price but I do want taxiways to work.  Do jetways or ramps connect ok btw which is another issue that is plaguing certain sceneries?

I ended up buying this from Simmarket along with the sierrasim Colombia airports which is such an interesting country to fly in and I wanted to pick up those for some time so given the price I just grabbed it as well. I wasn't even aware there was a patch but upon downloading it came with a pdf stating version 1.2 which added the taxilights, makes it Navigraph compatible and I believe it said PBR textures are coming next.  I mean for 5 euro sumtin I'm not gonna complain, definitely not given they are clearly patching this which if anything shows commitment.
As to my verdict of the airport, tbh you can pick up equivalent quality for free, even better at times from flightsim.to.  Having said that I would also easily pay 5 euros for some of the stuff made avaialabe at no cost on flightsim.to so it's not a negative per se.  Current nice features are custom jetways with transparent glass and hell they actually connect given that on some high end payware they don't (admittedly due to SDK issues). The model of the terminal building is decent and once they have pbr textures replacing the current flat ones which look pretty awful at night on the windows that will make a big difference as well.
Full disclosure, my pc is a dinosaur and I run everything on low or off as my gfx card is a 780 still so airports which don't have the latest and greatest visual tech work well for me as their framerate hit is a lot less compared to the high end payware ones which my PC simply can't handle.  So that means that my bar is set a lot lower than most of you but also the judgement used for the visuals will be a lot lower as well as I simply can't run anything at high detail.

I couldn't resist and took advantage of the current sale, and it's visually quite appealing BUT: The ILS for runway 05 has a CRS of 230° and no g/s indication. With stock database I have no SID/STAR/Approaches whatsoever. And there are taxilights all over taxiway C3. Am I doing something wrong (installation was straightforward - unzipping into the community folder, so not much room for error there) or is it the product?

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Tom_L said:

I couldn't resist and took advantage of the current sale, and it's visually quite appealing BUT: The ILS for runway 05 has a CRS of 230° and no g/s indication. With stock database I have no SID/STAR/Approaches whatsoever. And there are taxilights all over taxiway C3. Am I doing something wrong (installation was straightforward - unzipping into the community folder, so not much room for error there) or is it the product?

Exactly the same here. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed, but for that price it‘s acceptable I guess. Still, I think I‘ll be more careful in the future. 

• Like 1