Sign in to follow this  
lenidcamper

Strange ground texture rendering

Has anyone else encountered the problem of strange ground texture rendering at low altitude?

At less than 1000 feet AGL there starts to be a circular a zone of black under the plane that "prints through" the ground textures.
Above 500 ft AGL it is only visible in the external straight down view but it is quite annoying in the forward and side views of the
last couple of hundred feet of the landing approach as you can see from the screenshot. I do not see this artifact in any of the videos posted.

https://imgur.com/6gF9NzZ

This occurs at any of the standard Global Rendering Quality settings. I have tried tweaking other settings (Anti-Aliasing and Level of Detail) but cannot make it go away.
I don't remember in what update this first appeared. I don't think it was present in the initial release.

At Rotorua with default High-End rendering settings the GPU is pegged at 99% and CPU is bouncing around 40% and there is headroom in RAM and VRAM

Any ideas?

Edited by lenidcamper

I9-10900K 32GB DDR4 @3000 RTX3080TI 11GB VRAM. Factory clock. HP Reverb G2

I can't see the screenshot

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

the insert image from URL did not work

Edited by lenidcamper

Can't see the linked picture either. The link just goes to a blank grey window with the title: IMGUR; The Magic Of The Internet.

Which, if you don't me saying it most certainly is not.

This is (one of) the most magic things on the internet;

https://zoomquilt.org

• Like 1

I can see the image... but no great ideas on this one. Not seen this myself, ever. My best guess is the Community Folder has a scenery that is conflicting. Very good chance that this will be solved by clearing the Community Folder of EVERY freeware scenery add-on and testing.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

51 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

This is (one of) the most magic things on the internet;

https://zoomquilt.org

Trippy!...   I was amazed, entertained, and disturbed all at the same time! 😲

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

Trippy!...   I was amazed, entertained, and disturbed all at the same time! 😲

You're welcome Bobcat. Hey, you weren't near Gatwick yesterday afternoon were you - approx 5:30 zulu?

Thought I saw your name in the skies as I performed an altogether tremendously poor landing in the A320?

2 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

You're welcome Bobcat. Hey, you weren't near Gatwick yesterday afternoon were you - approx 5:30 zulu?

Thought I saw your name in the skies as I performed an altogether tremendously poor landing in the A320?

No, unfortunately not me.  Although I fly around the London Airports occasionally, it is probably someone else who has snaffled my name... ☹️

My online name is unfortunately the MS/Xbox one of FastenedPlum. 😄  I believe it can be changed somewhere, but I haven't bothered to look up how to do it yet. Anyway, I'm going back to ZoomQuilt.  Do you think it might be hypnotic? 🤣

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I fear it might be. . .

My name is also rubbish - Plaincanvas - and I too, am trying to figure out how to change it.

Don't spend too long on Zoomquilt. You'll go crazy man.

• Like 1

I had this last week. It appears out of no where in all areas. I reinstalled the sim and the issue went away.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

11 minutes ago, timest said:

@lenidcamper do you have DevMode activated? If so, check under OPTIONS and see if Detail Maps is turned off. If so, turn it back on and restart the sim.

thankyou

thankyou

that worked.

I have no recollection of turning Detail Maps off, but I must have at some point.

thanks again

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lenidcamper said:

thankyou

thankyou

that worked.

I have no recollection of turning Detail Maps off, but I must have at some point.

thanks again

You're welcome, glad that's sorted!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com