Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Someone has too much time on his hands...

You can't fly all the time and you can take just so much reading a TV watching.  So I decided to create and collect startup scenarios at various airports around the world and put them on my desktop.  This is the Western Hemisphere.  I a currently working on the Eastern Hemisphere and have Great Britain finished.  It will reside on another desktop screen.

Noel

Image_201118_111728.jpg

• Like 4

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Noel, put the keyboard down and back away very slowly.😂

Bill W.

• Like 5

I have heard that having a load of files saved to the Desktop can slow the OS down a bit...  However, shortcuts may be fine..

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/does-a-messy-desktop-slow-down-your-computer/2999b104-274d-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5?messageId=1bf147d4-995f-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5&page=2

I'm not sure if Win 10 is any different in this regard... :unsure:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I would suggest you seek professional help. Immediately, if not sooner.

• Like 3

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I have not noticed any slowdown in loading Mark.  I'm using P3Dv5 and depending on location after I click on an icon I am standing beside my aircraft in it's parking space ready to climb in and start the engine in anywhere from a minute and a half to a little over two minutes.  And I bypass the startup screen where you select and aircraft and airport, date, weather and time of day.

I'm a fair weather pilot who likes sunny skies and just 2/8 cirrus at 30,000 feet and all my flights start at around 10:00AM.  If I want to change anything I can always do it from inside the cockpit.  The same with flight plans.

Noel

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Don't worry. You're doing better than most with too much time on their hands sitting in front of a computer.

Edited by Tim_Capps

Ya know, you can create a folder, name it Flights, and put all those in a folder...

Getting your desktop back and looking a lot neater. Sheesh.

Sue

You get props (pun intended) from me for having a Managua, Nicaragua flight saved.   Not that I have any connection with Nicaragua, it's just that I find that area to be very fun to fly in, with the volcanoes and lakes.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Gee whizz. I can hardly get to mine at reasonable hours thanks to my wife working from home. It's a rare time that I can get in here and do my job. Wish the world would reboot. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Sue, I have three desktops.  The main one with just my card games, the utilities like file explorer and Firefox and mail, and WordPerfect and Corel Draw.

My Western Hemisphere desktop like the one displayed here.

My Eastern Hemisphere desktop is a progress in work which will display startups in Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania.

I have thoughts about a fourth desktop for an aircraft collection.

Noel 

Edited by birdguy
  • Like 1

The first step to dealing with a problem is admitting you have a problem! :laugh:

Wish the world would reboot. 

It probably will. Not sure if we (the human race that is) will like it or not.:ph34r:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

We're probably in the middle of a reboot right now and don't very much like it.  

Noel

• Upvote 1

Black Friday for larger screen that holds more icons!

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.