Sign in to follow this  
sonny147

Skyforce and enviroforce for V5 +

Hello all, does anyone have ideas about skyforce+enviroforce coming to V5 /5.1 anytime soon, I really enjoyed using this combo in v4 with AS as the wx engine. The reason I ask, a lot people saying AS+Asca+envtex is looking pretty good in v5.1, so Iam wondering when I install 5.1HF1 next week do I abandon REX and go with AS/Asca and envtex (I have all previous versions of the above so no purchases necessary I believe). Iam not convinced yet that EA is good enough to adopt, although LM and Hifi are doing their level best to improve it, anyway that's a long enough, thanks people! 

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

First I don´t think so. Because REX have a small team and invested in Weather Force for MSFS.

All their other products are not compatible with P3D V5. End Environment force had even unsolved issues in P3D V4! Strange oil/dark blue shadings at some angles around the plane surface. Obviously shading problems.

With V5 the lighting model changed massively so a lot of work to do. 

I don´t think they will update any time soon (next 6 months +). Maybe never. We are waiting for updates since april.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

REX have been quiet about v5 updates. I believe they said they were working on it but heard nothing since. 

I’m using AS + ASCA with EA off in V5 and its working well now the clouds have stopped flashing all over the place! 

I don’t have env tex as I was using Rex Environment Force for that purpose in V4. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

I did address this question about updating Skyforce to P3Dv5 directly to REX several weeks ago and they confirmed to me that this definitely is their intention. I asgree it takes long but I still am confident this update will come one day!

Who`s going to be supporting P3Dv6 as i will still be using it, and in future that`s where my money will be going to the Devs that support it.

Unlike other sims we don`t bulk at spending more that £20 for an addon when it done well.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Thanks guys, I guess (for now), when I upgrade next week to 5.1HF1, I will go AS+ASCA+Envtex+Fslabs++++++, the the rest of compatable addons, until my next screw up lol! 

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

8 hours ago, sonny147 said:

Thanks guys, I guess (for now), when I upgrade next week to 5.1HF1, I will go AS+ASCA+Envtex+Fslabs++++++, the the rest of compatable addons, until my next screw up lol! 

Just point your REX Skyforce if you already have it installed for P3Dv4 to the P3Dv5 folder instead within SF configuration panel.This will work even though there's no official support from REX on this- long running saga. Best to not delve deeper!

Or as you mentioned, invest in ASCA.

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!