Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

King George Airpark to Vancouver BC

PropellerBC has put some nice airports of BC and a few other areas on Flightsim.to.

u3ahou.png

u3a9Sk.png

u3aDdM.png

u3aGr4.png

u3aKUG.png

u3aMYa.png

u3acZR.png

Edited by Todd2
  • Like 3

Wonderful! I live quite close to what used to be King George Airpark (CSK8), as you can see in my signature. I used to see many of the ultralights from my house, heading west to land. By the way, the owner of the land on which the airpark sat decided last year to stop renting it to the airpark, and all buildings had to be vacated by the end of Spring 2019 (if I recall correctly). The buildings are gone now, and the land is devoted to blueberries, apparently.

Edited by JRMurray
  • Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Nice JR you live in a beautiful area.  I lived on Whidbey Island in Washington state for a few years in 1978 to 1980 and I'll never forget the beauty.  Dad drove us to Vancouver a couple of times very nice city.  I was 14 years old in 1978.

• Like 1

Todd2 if you don't mind. Can you share Nvidia control panel and in sim settings please?

I'm struggling to get such beautiful pictures  without any success.

Thanks! 

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

12 minutes ago, killthespam said:

Todd2 if you don't mind. Can you share Nvidia control panel and in sim settings please?

I'm struggling to get such beautiful pictures  without any success.

Thanks! 

Hi KTS.  I have not adjusted anything in the Nvidia control panel it's default.  As far as the Sim goes I have everything set on High.  I set a couple of things like clouds to Ultra.  I have set to 4k but reduced render scaling to 60 for smoother flight (better FPS).  I have terrain level of detail to 175 and objects level of detail to 185.  My system is an I7 10700k I think.  It has a 2080 graphics card I think.  (I'd have to go in the basement to check the box it came in to be sure).  I get really good framerates in most areas but of course they drop in high density areas.  My main goal is to have smooth flight which I have in most instances.  I bought the computer just for MSFS lol.  It's not top of the line for sure but it does well.

Edited by Todd2

Thank you!

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Great shots. It's amazing, how much freeware scenery is already available for the new sim 😉

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

On 11/23/2020 at 9:01 PM, Todd2 said:

Nice JR you live in a beautiful area.  I lived on Whidbey Island in Washington state for a few years in 1978 to 1980 and I'll never forget the beauty.  Dad drove us to Vancouver a couple of times very nice city.  I was 14 years old in 1978.

Thank you, @Todd2. I love living in Greater Vancouver; I've been here since 1971. By the way, we're close in age: I was 18 in 1978.

For what it's worth, Vancouver has changed greatly since you were last here--you can get a pretty good sense of the city as it is now in the sims. Some might say that Vancouver has changed for the better since the 1970s: a large, vibrant city of 2.5 million, set in a beautiful landscape of mountains, trees, and coastline. Others might say that the city is cold, architecturally lacking, and unaffordable. Anyway, as I mentioned, I love it here and I enjoy simming here, too. 

• Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)