Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Panel Assistant and Configuration Manager Did Not Install

My windows had crashed necessitating a complete reinstallation. I was rebuilding my FSX installation and I went to reinstall my RXP products. I opened up FSX to work with RXP and no Assistant in addons. I had files on drive 😄 in including my old FSX directory and I replaced the panel on my C421, GTN panel. I left click control and no configuration manager either. Why didn't they install with the gauges and Trainer as the first time? Help.

So, now I have decided to do a complete cloud download reinstall of Windows 10 including wiping of Drive C. Third time since Friday. It all started when I tried to fix the FMC database for Carenado's Premier. The fixes included dll.xml corrections I'm my FSX App data. And everything got sideways. I am going to clean reinstall Windows 10. Check for updates. Then FSX-SE. Then RXP, Active Sky etc. I am going to go in order and try to keep it all clean.

10 minutes ago, Gary1124 said:

So, now I have decided to do a complete cloud download reinstall of Windows 10 including wiping of Drive C. Third time since Friday. It all started when I tried to fix the FMC database for Carenado's Premier. The fixes included dll.xml corrections I'm my FSX App data. And everything got sideways. I am going to clean reinstall Windows 10. Check for updates. Then FSX-SE. Then RXP, Active Sky etc. I am going to go in order and try to keep it all clean.

Gary. You will need to download and use the eCommerce RXP installers from the product pages on the RXP website.  Do not use update installers as your licensing keys will not be on your system yet.  I believe you will need during the installation(s) to validate your purchase through the F! eCommerce wrapper.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Indeed. I did do use the F1 wrapper. Reinstallation button. I got the Garmin trainers and the gauges but I did not get the panel Assistant or the bezel click Manager utility. The only thing under the addons tab was fsuipc.

Edited by RXP

So, my Windows 10 clean installation is complete and updated. I am currently downloading FSX-Steam. Then I am going to download my radeon software. I will then set up my controls and take a circuit in plain vanilla FSX to start the FSX.Cfg off and my app data dll. Then I will try to install my RXP products.