Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Heli pilots find strange monument in remote part of Utah

Cue the music from 2001 A Space Odyssey....

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/23/helicopter-pilot-finds-strange-monolith-in-remote-part-of-utah

kM49DW.jpg

kNAN1P.jpg

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Nahh.. Man made... notice the reflective characteristic...

The "true" one would show no reflections from any direction / distance... like in some flight simulators...🤓

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

How much do you bet that the guys who found it were the ones who put it there?

The authorities aren't revealing the location for public safety. So of course, 1001 conspiracy theories will now be invented.

How long do we think it will take? Expect Alex Jones to arrive in a week or two with shape shifting alien reptiles responsible.

Edited by martin-w

The truth is out there... :ph34r:

They should go back there with some tools - hammer, magnet (is it steel?) pick axe, shovels investigate the ground see how it's shoved in there... Portable angle grinder, cutting torch - if someone put it there as a piece of art, that should soon bring the artist running :happy:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I really hope it is an alien artifact, I was hoping to get down there with some fellow hairless apes, beat each other up with thigh bones, and then cast those bones high into the air.

Hang on, that would make a great science fiction movie. 😲

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HighBypass said:

The truth is out there... :ph34r:

They should go back there with some tools - hammer, magnet (is it steel?) pick axe, shovels investigate the ground see how it's shoved in there... Portable angle grinder, cutting torch - if someone put it there as a piece of art, that should soon bring the artist running :happy:

It may be rigged to explode. 💣

Robot operated cutting torch then! 🍻

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

5 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Robot operated cutting torch then! 🍻

And then the aliens go: "We placed a sophisticated intelligence tester and first contact device for them to find, and they hit it with stuff then cut it in half!"

"Mark this planet as a type 4 irredeemably stupid/hostile."

"Private glug!" Release a warning buoy!"

"Ensign blurgle! Set the device to self-destruct, (taking the planet with it) and lets go to warp!"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

8 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

"Ensign blurgle! Set the device to self-destruct, (taking the planet with it) and lets go to warp!"

Given that this is 2020, that's a bad thing? :biggrin:

Mark Robinson

Anyone find it in MSFS yet? 🙂

If not I'm sure the mod will be created soon.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Devons rig

Has anyone seen any troglodytes with bone weapons yet? 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

This is disappointing.

If you look closely you can see its held together with screws. Don't think super advanced aliens capable of traveling thousands of light years at relativistic speeds, or from another dimension, would be using screws and screw drivers. 😞

Clearly the Nimitz tic tac aliens didn't leave it there then.

• Like 2

You're right (as always). I think it was during the Terminator series that we learned that aliens don't screw.

• Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.