Sign in to follow this  
kazeekayo

Today’s update KATL question

I have the payware Atlanta scenery from imaginesim. I bought it in the marketplace. I know the community folder always takes priority but this scenery is not in the community folder. So, my question is this:

with today’s update including Atlanta katl scenery as a new scenery by asobo, do I need to delete it from the content manager after updating today? Thanks!

Probs not but you need to remain vigilant for any issues

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hour ago, kazeekayo said:

And I meant do I need to delete the msfs asobo scenery to keep the imaginesim one installed?

Imaginesim may have to patch it after the update today....but in a perfect world...either MS/AS would detect the payware and update around it (meaning not mess it up in any way), or more realistically, will overwrite it without consideration and the aforementioned patch from IS would be needed to repair the issue.

I'd ask the question on their forum and see if they have an idea.  Best to just let it update and see what the result is...then go from there.  Or if you feel there may be a conflict that will completely break the sim...uninstall the IS KATL before the patch comes out, then don't reinstall until IS lets owners know what to do post-patch.

Hoping one day all post patch and addons will play nicely, and if they don't...messages will display when the mod packages are read during flight sim start stating that some errors were detected in the mod...disable now and continue booting...or abort and address the issue...vs now which is a CTD and you gotta figure out what is conflicting with what 😞

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

ZQkiCBk.jpg

This is the updated KATL... I'd love to see some comparisons with ImagineSim's version... I loved that in P3D v4.5... and isn't there a discount for former owners?

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I thought discounts in the MarketPlace was a no no.  Has that changed?

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

1 hour ago, raymar said:

I thought discounts in the MarketPlace was a no no.  Has that changed?

Ray

Eh? They never said they couldn't do discounts.

What third parties couldn't do is offer individual discounts to people who owned a previous version of a product.

Edited by Tuskin38

I flew into KATL a couple of times before the update. Is there a comparison shot somewhere? I never paid much attention.

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz

16 hours ago, kazeekayo said:

I have the payware Atlanta scenery from imaginesim. I bought it in the marketplace. I know the community folder always takes priority but this scenery is not in the community folder. So, my question is this:

with today’s update including Atlanta katl scenery as a new scenery by asobo, do I need to delete it from the content manager after updating today? Thanks!

If you do, you may not be able to take the East Coast USA Tour because it does a file check.  I thought it odd because Asobo KATL was not included in the tour.  I had to enable it to go to the discovery flight.  

I have had conflicting answers.  Someone from Flightbeam said definitely you need to uninstall the Asobo KDEN.  Yet others have said no.  Imaginesim hasn't had a word out, but I guess I need to fly into KATL to see for myself.

My suggestion.  Leave both installed, and if there is a conflict, then delete the one you wish.  Asobo handcrafted airports are always in your library, so you can always reinstall them if you desire.

Yes, some comparison shots of the two KATL versions would be welcomed.    I am not interested enough to buy the Imagine copy just for comparison.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I uninstalled the Imaginesim version before installing the US world update, just to see what the new Asobo version looks like.   It's really good, I could not tell the difference with the terminals and Delta museum.  One annoying (to me) difference is the Asobo version does not have the "Fly Delta Jets" sign lit up at night.   The Imaginesim version at least has some lights shining on it.  Neither version looks like a neon sign at night unfortunately.

I'm surprised they didn't fix the city scenery itself to remove the georgia dome and replace with Mercedes benz.  Georgia Dome was torn down over three years ago now. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next