Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

World Update II: United States (Update #7) is now live!

Manua Kea Observatory and Pearl Harbor in Hawaii! Yes finally! I really hope the elevation and overall scenery of the entire Hawaiian Islands have been updated! Because it has been severely lacking for so long!

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Night lights are better for sure.

Could you care to elaborate? What exactly is better? I'm really hoping this is the case.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

19 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

The trailers are in-game. Maybe not the current version but are in-game.

Well, how do you explain the trailers that show coral reefs and other features that are not in my game lol? We shall see, halfway downloaded. I hope you are right. There are a ton of threads over on the main forum discussing the mis representation of trailers to what is seen in game. Also, this video by Obsidian Ant goes over the trailer vs real in sim experience. 

• Upvote 1

Mine went from 12 GB to 22 GB during the update??

Edited by rfelger
  • Upvote 1

UPS123.png

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Could you care to elaborate? What exactly is better? I'm really hoping this is the case.

Yeah, night lights are a bit better, looks like not so many countryside roads with lights. Still not as good as they were at launch.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 3

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

4 minutes ago, rfelger said:

Mine went from 12 GB to 22 GB during the update??

Mine started at 9 GB, have to see if more coming.

T45

The music while watching the bar creep past is very soothing. In fact, I entered such a deep trance it was three hours later before I noticed the updates had been completed and my lumbago was cured.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Manua Kea Observatory and Pearl Harbor in Hawaii! Yes finally! I really hope the elevation and overall scenery of the entire Hawaiian Islands have been updated! Because it has been severely lacking for so long!

According to the update map, Oʻahu should look great elevation-wise. For the rest of Hawaii I wouldn't expect too much. But that‘s just guessing from the map. Download hasn‘t finished yet.

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Is it up on Steam?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

11 minutes ago, captain420 said:

For one thing they've reduced the lighting on rural roads.

The landmark list includes a "Confederation Bridge".  The only Confederation bridge I know of is in Canada, and I can't seem to find a bridge called that in States, via google anyways.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

I can definitely say that The Big Island has more than just the mauna kea observatories. The satellite imagery and roads, buildings have also been updated. Previously this island was pretty bare! Now it actually has life! Wow. Very impressed so far.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

I can definitely say that The Big Island has more than just the mauna kea observatories. The satellite imagery and roads, buildings have also been updated. Previously this island was pretty bare! Now it actually has life! Wow. Very impressed so far.

sounds great. will check hana hwy once I downloaded that sticky US update, it keeps saying "waiting" after I clicked on download....

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"