Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

World Update II: United States (Update #7) is now live!

The mesh is higher res in some places, but as a side effect (on my rig) there is some mesh pop-in effect now (lol), but it's not bad. There are also some stutters I didn't notice before when flying very low in the A320 over the new higher-res mesh (though FPS still high and stutters are more jitter/judder than full blown micro-stutters), though I am running Ultra on only a medium level PC and I re-cranked T-LOD and the terrain vector data to max (200/Ultra), when before I was using 150/ultra, so that could be why.

I only have AMD-5-3600 + Nvidia RTX 2060 + 32 GB Ram, so wouldn't worry too much as I'm more of a higher-middle-end setup. Waiting for AMD 5600x to get in stock, as that will be the sweet spot (since I'll probably never go higher than 2560x1440, don't see any point to be honest).

Overall, looks slightly better I suppose, but wish they could update the underlying PR in some more places. Haven't flown in area where PR itself was updated yet, will do later.

Edited by SceneryFX

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

5 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

are clearly referring to as North America update.

Because last Thursday's weekly update accidentally called it that in the text, I said that already.  It was later fixed.

The Development Roadmap image however said USA.

KTLA looks nice. They modelled all the Delta buildings, and even some of static Delta aircraft on display.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I don't feel like looking for it to prove my point, but there are at least 3 posts on this forum alone post QA which are clearly referring to as North America update. Search for it, because YOU seem misinformed or misremembering it.

They clearly said in the live q/a session last time it was USA.  Listened to it again yesterday just to be sure.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

30 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

So yeah, that Confederation bridge mentioned in the Landmark list was the one in Canada.

Nice, my first flight will be to that bridge...under it to be exact 🙂

I recall some military chopper pilots pull that stunt shortly after it was build.

Edit: just saw your follow up post, too bad.  Was it not there at all before?

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

22 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Hm, the Confederation bridge is just a label, it's not a custom model

1250410_20201124141307_1.png

I looked at some pics online, that bridge does look too low and generic to be custom, but not sure. Maybe they kind of just used premade asset and stretched it a bit.

4 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

They clearly said in the live q/a session last time it was USA.  Listened to it again yesterday just to be sure.

Technically I guess it's USA Update + generic Confederate Bridge update Canada. So the Canadians got one generic bridge, exactly what they deserve (only kidding). 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Torsen said:

...and they broke more things on the Carenados... both Mooney and Seminole ctd on door open now

I’m so glad I’ve held back on buying any add on so far... 

Just now, Cmcollazo71 said:

I’m so glad I’ve held back on buying any add on so far... 

Haven't bought any planes yet, but I own more airports than I should, you've heard of Frequent Flyers, well now it's become Frequent Buyers.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SceneryFX said:

Technically I guess it's USA Update + generic Confederate Bridge update Canada. So the Canadians got one generic bridge, exactly what they deserve (only kidding). 

You actually made me laugh...

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

33 minutes ago, Machdiamond said:

Fort Jefferson is mentioned in the release notes but in reality the entire Florida Keys have been significantly updated.

I just flew from Key West (great photogrammetry) along the seven miles bridge to Marathon. Just like the real deal. This used to be my playground as pilot IRL about 20 years ago. Just amazing.

So they fixed the water mask?

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Torsen said:

...and they broke more things on the Carenados... both Mooney and Seminole ctd on door open now 😞

Cheers

T.

I do not get a CTD when opening the door on the Seminole.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Deleted

Edited by samcan
deleted

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

FSX: SE | MSFS2020

15 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Edit: just saw your follow up post, too bad.  Was it not there at all before?

14 minutes ago, SceneryFX said:

I looked at some pics online, that bridge does look too low and generic to be custom, but not sure. Maybe they kind of just used premade asset and stretched it a bit.

13 minutes ago, SceneryFX said:

The Confederation bridge was represented in the sim before this update with a generic bridge, all they did with this update was add a POI Marker to it.

Edited by Tuskin38

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The Confederation bridge was represented in the sim before, all they did here was add a POI Marker.

Well I'm tempted to render it myself and distribute it as freeware just as a sort of jab, but I'm worried someone else might beat me to it. I could probably have it done pretty quickly though.

Edited by SceneryFX

18 minutes ago, SceneryFX said:

There are also some stutters I didn't notice before

I'm also noticing stutters that I didn't have before. First time my sim stutters.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White