Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

World Update II: United States (Update #7) is now live!

19 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Actually can someone post a pic of the "Less Fatal" night lighting ? 😁

I second this. Can someone upload a couple of night lighting pics, if am being picky from a couple of different altitudes. Cheers

5 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Asobo needs to fire their texture artist. USS 'Rest' Virginia?

Yeah, why not hang him while you are at it? It's a typo on a word not allowed texture in a word not allowed game! Frankly, this kind of attitude  is what is wrong in our community!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Just now, Jean-Paul said:

Yeah, why not hang him while you are at it? It's a typo on a word not allowed texture in a word not allowed game! Frankly, this kind of attitude  is what is wrong in our community!

I wasn't being serious.

Though they also have the USS Nevada twice, one with the correct pennant number, and the other with the USS Oklahoma's number. So I guess they just copy and pasted and forgot to change the ship name.

• Like 1

I'm excited to see the high def mesh for Florida, now it will look really flat lol. 😉

Going to go check out the Salt Lake City area first I think...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

18 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Asobo needs to fire their texture artist. USS 'Rest' Virginia?
74RIpOq.png

Looks like TellTail Markers left in the Landscape by Ai - for purposes way beyond our time in the sim old Tuskin.

Don't fly near them my friend. Stay away. HELM HARD OVER!

You're in dangerland - getting close to the Orb - the arch-powerful o'er 'riding Ai intelligence that is the future. . .

GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE.

(Especially in that piece of old sh*te that is supposed to be a float plane)

This is a float pane. . .

Unknown.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim_Capps said:

The music while watching the bar creep past is very soothing. In fact, I entered such a deep trance it was three hours later before I noticed the updates had been completed and my lumbago was cured.

Very humorous, made me laugh, that.

• Glad your lumbago's fixed 😄
Edited by Bunchy

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

8 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

I second this. Can someone upload a couple of night lighting pics, if am being picky from a couple of different altitudes. Cheers

Hard to say if its better.....maybe a little....but you still should not see taxiway lights from miles away and at off-angles...and the lead in lights....I could see the KLAS approach lights from LAX when I got high enough (ok....maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but frustrating that they can't seem to understand that blue blobs from 15 miles away is NOT how it is in reality!

Here is a departure from KLAX....should NOT be seeing those taxiway lights that good from this distance and angle!

fThN2V.jpg

• Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

I really appreciate the imagery and elevation update maps. Good to know where we can expect improvement. I’m quite amazed at the size of the area with updated imagery. I didn’t expect that. Judging from the update maps, the Seattle area and the Bay Area must look stunning now. Can’t wait to check them out. Hurry up you stupid internet!

Nice one 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I was hoping USA update will fix CRQ..Nope. Bug was filed 3 month ago already

unknown.png?width=2307&height=1298

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

My dear subjects, my Harbor has been updated and refurbished for all to enjoy!

th?id=OIP.SjH5v_YzYoZcnJgWRvje5gHaFg%26p

• Like 4

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

They won't be able to fix that until they bring in DX12....

That's not true. All they need to do is allow us to turn off the Sharpen and Film Grain options from within the UI and keep those settings active.  I manually set those to 0 in the UserCfg.opt file located in the local cache directory.  It makes a huge difference in cloud pixelization for me.

Once the changes are made, you do have to set the file to read only as the sim has a tendency to turn those back on if you try to make changes to the graphics settings.  Especially when changing between "modes" (low, medium, high end and ultra).  

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

How about this Main Thread Optimisation they were going on and on about?

There are mixed reports on the official forums regarding CPU performance. Community managers are waiting on a response by Asobo to clarify whether it was included in this patch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

I was hoping USA update will fix CRQ..Nope. Bug was filed 3 month ago already

unknown.png?width=2307&height=1298

Guessing we’ll have to wait for a payware version to come out tbh

I’m seeing an issue where the arrow keys no longer move you around the cockpit and the Translate/position doesn’t show up in the bindings section.

Workaround: Set keyboard profile to “Default Profile” and alter the rest of your keyboard bindings after that.

Testing is aware of the issue and is looking into it.

Source: Community Manager