Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

World Update II: United States (Update #7) is now live!

7 minutes ago, SceneryFX said:

You could try the Rex addon, I've never tried it. ImagineSim's KATL probably a lot better, but didn't get that one. There are so many smaller more interesting airports that are under $15 that I still have barely even had a chance to fly.

I have a ton of payware and I'm spoiled to the core. I lost my live weather. At least it was working partially before the update. It was never really consistently working, but now it's not working.

It's back to a few versions ago.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

only getting default KATL - anyone else having this issue?

just pulling some free mods out to see if it appears

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

The new custom modelled bridges (and some of old ones like the Golden Gate) have have been fixed to allow you to fly under them.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

just pulling some free mods out to see if it appears

Did you go into the Marketplace and 'Buy and Download' the free US World Update content?

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

10 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

6 minutes ago, airplaneguru84 said:

So, the Mackinac bridge was added and included in the update notes. But honestly, this is pretty disappointing:

Have you installed the separate USA World Update from the Marketplace and ensured everything is installed in the Content Manager?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, airplaneguru84 said:

So, the Mackinac bridge was added and included in the update notes. But honestly, this is pretty disappointing:

MicrosoftFlightSimul.png

Did you install the world update from the marketplace?

aWYjZjl.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Did you go into the Marketplace and 'Buy and Download' the free US World Update content?

ah silly me doh!

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Anybody flown over Portland Oregon? 

Has there been an improvement? 

Working now and don't have a chance to look for myself.  

Thanks!

Did they fix the Photogrammatery?? 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

2 hours ago, MrNuke said:

As an alpha tester, I cannot believe the Missouri River around KOMA still isn't fixed.

KOMA is my local airport, so yes, that is most unfortunate. I was hoping this update would correct the elevation issue.

11 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Have you installed the separate USA World Update from the Marketplace and ensured everything is installed in the Content Manager?

I did this, but don't understand why it should be necessary. Seems to me the whole point of the large download/update from the MS Store today was the USA World Update. So after downloading from the MS store, why should an additional update from the Market Place be needed -- why isn't that 'built in' to the first update? Seems like a strange way to do things.

Al

• Like 1

Just now, ark said:

I did this, but don't understand why it should be necessary. Seems to me the whole point of the large download/update from the MS Store today was the USA World Update. So after downloading from the MS store, why should an additional update from the Market Place be needed -- why isn't that 'built in' to the first update? Seems like a strange way to do things.

Al

There is a lot that is weird about the package management.  For example, why do I have to scroll through the Content Manager and update a few things manually after every update.  It's really kludged together.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Did not have much time flying in the US but just tried the Grand Canyon. What I saw is a Colorado River on a highway, like on a raised bed. Anybody else? Won’t complain for a free (!) scenery but I am sure it can be done better. Besides that happy so far. Will need to do further testing tomorrow 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"