Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

World Update II: United States (Update #7) is now live!

36 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Hopefully the two can work together to complete the “picture”.

They already do.  Install the the freeware one and the visitor center by MS completes the package.  Works great.

• Like 2

When MSFS has good classic airliners, then I'll be happy to invest. For now it's an diversion from the more fiddly P3Dv5.x But all I see is acres of glass on the horizon.

6 hours ago, pmb said:

Asobo must have worked on the logbook.

They did, from the patch notes:

ACTIVITY

• The logbook should now properly log unfinished flights (either via return to main menu or via landing and shutting down the engine and Master)
  • Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

So I understand there have been some photogrammetry improvements, with that in mind what's the consensus regarding cached photogrammetry areas?

Delete and rebuild cache - let the game update existing cache (if that is actually a thing), or not bother with cached areas at all now as the game engine works much better?

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

7 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Anyone else unable to shut down the A320's engines?

I've put the starters to off, I've cut off the fuel lines, I've even used the keyboard shortcut for auto shutdown, nothing.

No, can't shut down the a320 engines either post-patch.  Whole sim is vanilla except a 320 sound package; not sure if that interferes with the inability to shut down the engines.  Someone on MS FS forums has the same issues.  I re-downloaded the airbus, still not able to shut down the engines.

Edited by simon747

Simon

2 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

They did, from the patch notes:

ACTIVITY

• The logbook should now properly log unfinished flights (either via return to main menu or via landing and shutting down the engine and Master)

Yes, I read this. Which, however, isn't a guarantee it works, is it? Plus, aside rare poor pilot crashs, I wanted to log "finished" flights which it didn't either.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

They say they made changes to the flight model, well from flying the XCub the changes = making it even easier to fly.

It was already unrealistic  now its even worse, its such a shame that game/sim with such a good visual standard that lends itself to Low and Slow VFR flight is hobbled by a flight model seemingly desinged with the intent to attract gamers at the cost of realism, I suspect they just dont want to spend the time on it as most players only seem interested in pushing buttons and autopilot functionality in the A320

A great opportunity missed with this game, Im going back to X-Plane

1 hour ago, hanhamreds said:

So I understand there have been some photogrammetry improvements, with that in mind what's the consensus regarding cached photogrammetry areas?

Delete and rebuild cache - let the game update existing cache (if that is actually a thing), or not bother with cached areas at all now as the game engine works much better?

I don't use one anymore. Try without and see how that is your end.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Pathfinder633 said:

They say they made changes to the flight model, well from flying the XCub the changes = making it even easier to fly.

It was already unrealistic  now its even worse, its such a shame that game/sim with such a good visual standard that lends itself to Low and Slow VFR flight is hobbled by a flight model seemingly desinged with the intent to attract gamers at the cost of realism, I suspect they just dont want to spend the time on it as most players only seem interested in pushing buttons and autopilot functionality in the A320

A great opportunity missed with this game, Im going back to X-Plane

OK

• Upvote 1

Somebody said there was an Alaska bush trip available in the content manager but I can't find any, is this true?

44 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Somebody said there was an Alaska bush trip available in the content manager but I can't find any, is this true?

Yes there is...

Easiest way to update from the Content Manager is select all and update , it’ll update/download anything that’s not already in your library.

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

I haven't flown over it myself, but what about Disney World in Orlando, FL? Was it already pretty detailed, or perhaps there are trademark issues from modeling it properly?

Given how internationally known (and visited) WDW is, I'd think that would be a top update. 

19 minutes ago, thegeneral101 said:

I haven't flown over it myself, but what about Disney World in Orlando, FL? Was it already pretty detailed, or perhaps there are trademark issues from modeling it properly?

Given how internationally known (and visited) WDW is, I'd think that would be a top update. 

It's there via Photogrammetry.  They have not added any hand drawn objects to the area.  

8 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

It's there via Photogrammetry.  They have not added any hand drawn objects to the area.  

Ah, thank you very much. I will try to get on this weekend and check it out (among some of the new areas).