Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

FSDT's or JustSim's Basel?

Hello all,

A while ago I bought JustSim's Basel scenery, not so much because I think it looks better than FSDT's, but because I prefer airports that do not use the AddonManager, and because JustSim's was simply cheaper at the time it came out. Right now, though FSDT has a sale going on and I'm very much tempted to get FSDT's rendition. Looking over FSElite's comparison cross-referenced with Google Maps my sense is that FSDT is much more accurate, too, especially in the ground markings department. However, I was wondering what people on here have to say? Is it worthwhile to get FSDT's when I already have JustSim's?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Hello all,

A while ago I bought JustSim's Basel scenery, not so much because I think it looks better than FSDT's, but because I prefer airports that do not use the AddonManager, and because JustSim's was simply cheaper at the time it came out. Right now, though FSDT has a sale going on and I'm very much tempted to get FSDT's rendition. Looking over FSElite's comparison cross-referenced with Google Maps my sense is that FSDT is much more accurate, too, especially in the ground markings department. However, I was wondering what people on here have to say? Is it worthwhile to get FSDT's when I already have JustSim's?

FSDT's is much better and feels way more immersive in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Canine Crew said:

Where's the sale? I can't seem to find it...

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/

Coupon code: BLACKFRIDAY2020

I've just bought if after reading this thread (didn't know about this sale) and FSElite review.

Edited by AdiR

Adrian

Just bought it myself too, given the feedback! Thanks all for pitching in. Added bonus is the P3D and MSFS versions together for the same price...

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Well, you already bought it so, thanks for that, I’ll post this review anyway, it might be useful to others:

This is a comparison of the MSFS version, the P3D version has more features, like animated people walking inside terminals, the sunshades of the sky lounge cupola going up/down depending on the sun angle, better working jetways, GSX integration with custom pushback at every gate, which are all only possible THANKS to the Addon Manager/Couatl/GSX software, which are in turn possible THANKS to P3D more mature SDK.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2

FSDT

*Edit* You already bought it. Lol

Edited by Arklight1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Yep have both FSDT! and a great price...

Justsim is on the blacklist here local, have always the feeling of a rushed product and don't like the update policiy...

André