Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

No Keyboard Views After Update

Oh dear, another dog's dinner! I've just downloaded the latest update, only an hour ago, and already there are problems with the camera views in the VC. They don't work! Zilch, nada, nothing. I can't move around the cockpit with the keyboadr arrows. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

9 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Oh dear, another annoying dog's dinner! I've just downloaded the latest update, only an hour ago, and already there are problems with the camera views in the VC. They don't work! Zilch, nada, nothing. I can't move around the cockpit. Is anyone else experiencing this?

No my views are working fine. What plane are you using? 

Edited by devgrp

I am currently in the A320neo and right click mouse works ok however the keyboard arrow keys no longer work

John

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, devgrp said:

No my views are working fine. What plane are you using? 

Both the default C150 and the Carenado Mooney. Really don't know what's happened. The only other thing that I've installed is FSUIPC, but I can't see that would have done anyhting... (?)

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

2 minutes ago, johnh1984 said:

I am currently in the A320neo and right click mouse works ok however the keyboard arrow keys no longer work

John

Ah, same as me John. So it sounds like there is an issue. Perhaps I should change the title of the thread, as I have camera views but can't move around with the keyboard arrows.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard

I had to remap UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT arrow keys - they were completely wiped in the controls section.  No idea why though!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Thomas Derbyshire

2 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I had to remap UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT arrow keys - they were completely wiped in the controls section.  No idea why though!

Yes I noticed that too. Do you happen to know what are the original default entries labelled?

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Left and right is translate cockpit camera left or right and up/down is Increase/Decrease Cockpit Height

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

17 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Left and right is translate cockpit camera left or right and up/down is Increase/Decrease Cockpit Height

Excellent, thanks for the reminder.

Lee

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

33 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Thanks for the tip.  😊

Bill

• Like 1

Bill  N7IBG     

29 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Great. Thanks Thomas.

• Like 1

Howard

Great..I had the same issue now fixed...thanks to good answer on this thread..

I am not saying there are too many cockpit camera options but  there are too cockpit camera options.

Someone said the update accidentally swaps out your old keyboard settings for new ones, but your old keyboard settings should be there still in a selectable list.  I haven't looked myself as I am still downloading. 🙁

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

There are 6 translate cockpit view commands and the update broke 4 of the 6.

Translate cockpit view right and left and increase/decrease cockpit view height were broken and need to be remapped in options/controls to work again.

Translate cockpit view forward/backward were not broken and still work as they did before.

If you put view changes onto a controller, then I think it wise to put translate forward/backward on the same hat buttons as increase/decrease height. That way a 4 way hat intuitively offers all 6 commands. 4 buttons do the 6 commands using a 'shift' key (which every controller now has because MSFS put 'shift' keys into their options window. MSFS allows you just put both buttons into that one command window, both the 'shift' button and the command button.

For instance on my Warthog stick I always use button 4 (the big red flipper) as the 'shift' key that MSFS allows (FSX did not allow shift keys).

And I set move view UP to button 11. Move view IN is button 4 +11. Move view down is button 13. Move view BACK is button 4+ 13.

So then push the hat up is move view UP but hold the flipper with pinkie finger and push the same hat up is move view IN.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, sidfadc said:

In addition, the shift+UP and shift+DOWN keys still activate the Elevator, even though they are not mapped to it..

Same for shift+Right etc for the ailerons.

Bert