Sign in to follow this  
flycln

FranceVFR compatibility with 3rd party airports

I got my first FranceVFR last week after hesitating for months and I quite like it, at least combined with their own airports. 

Before I take the plunge and get more, can you guys give me any advice on what compatibility is like with other airports?

JustSim Nice and DigitalDesign Lyon in particular. 

what product ?

if your saying Nice I guess you mean  the below 2 products ?? 

https://secure.simmarket.com/francevfr-french-riviera-vfr-3d-automation-p3d-vol-1.phtml

https://secure.simmarket.com/francevfr-french-riviera-vfr-3d-automation-p3d-vol-2.phtml  

I have both and they install with no issues in both V4  and V5.

After installing,  if you have justsim LFMN you will need to search in the installed folders for *lfmn* and remove the 3 files 

I also removed all the *IMG* files as I use orbx LC europe and the France VFR landclass files dont play together well, but its your choice.

Hope that helps.

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

what product ?

https://secure.simmarket.com/francevfr-french-riviera-vfr-3d-automation-p3d-vol-1.phtml

https://secure.simmarket.com/francevfr-french-riviera-vfr-3d-automation-p3d-vol-2.phtml  

After installing,  if you have justsim LFMN you will need to search in the installed folders for *lfmn* and remove the 3 files 

I also removed all the *IMG* files as I use orbx LC europe and the France VFR landclass files dont play together well, but its your choice.

Hope that helps.

France VFR PACA 1 and 2 are PR scenery and not LC scenery .

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

France VFR PACA 1 and 2 are PR scenery and not LC scenery .

They have a  bright horrible green summer only type ground texture over the area which doesn't sit well with orbx lc. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

49 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

They have a  bright horrible green summer only type ground texture over the area which doesn't sit well with orbx lc. 

That I understand but FranceVFR is photo real texture only and not landclass.

As I have PR scenery only for Europe everything is configured for it. 

It is good that you made it complement eachother 👍

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 11/25/2020 at 1:35 PM, fluffyflops said:

what product ?

Thanks, that's exactly the products I meant. I suppose what I was worried about was that I found some thread that mentioned autogen issues (especially when you also have ORBX global and LC running. I saw some video on Youtube that showed a totally flattened area around the airport, just photo scenery but no autogen. So I figured there's some conflict?

49 minutes ago, flycln said:

Thanks, that's exactly the products I meant. I suppose what I was worried about was that I found some thread that mentioned autogen issues (especially when you also have ORBX global and LC running. I saw some video on Youtube that showed a totally flattened area around the airport, just photo scenery but no autogen. So I figured there's some conflict?

once I have them as well as justsim lfmn, and orbx LC .

Like mentioned,

1.remove the afcads

2.remove the Photoscenery .IMG files  (I incorrectly called them landclass) 

all working nicely 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

once I have them as well as justsim lfmn, and orbx LC .

Like mentioned,

1.remove the afcads

2.remove the Photoscenery .IMG files  (I incorrectly called them landclass) 

all working nicely 

I disabled the LFMN-related bgl files, and just like in the video I found on YouTube I ended up with a no-autogen area right around the airport. The rest of the city is there but the area around the airport is flattened, just the photoscenery but no autogen.

Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

I think @GSalden at some point said it works perfectly for him?

RXez7gg.jpg

2v0tXJB.jpg

Edited by flycln

Common problem with photoreal ground textures.
Here's a description of the similar problem that presents itself with Orbx TrueEarth (similar to FranceVFR 'Regional' products) and UK2000 airport scenery:

The Orbx "TrueEarth" products [...] is a photo based scenery product. Meaning it is based upon real aerial photos [...] This product also contains Autogen buidlings and tree(s).

The problem is that this Autogen is made of 'blocks'. Normal Autogen (default and orbx "FTX") are individual placed trees and buildings, the block method does have some bad compatibility problems.

The reference point(centre) of the block of autogen determines if that block will be displayed or excluded. With all addon airport you have the ability to remove Autogen, either directly(exclude code) or indirectly via a image 'mask' these will remove normal autogen, but will not correctly deal with block based autogen.

What does this mean in visuals?

It means at some UK2000 airports using TrueEarth, you may get areas without autogen, this is because the blocks ref point lies inside the airport photo image.
It also means at some airports you will get autogen at unwanted locations or inside other airport buildings, because its ref point is outside of the airport photo image.

The only way to circumnavigate this is to find the relevant FranceVFR autogen scenery and textures files and then add them to your LFMN airport scenery folder. BUT you should make a separate copy of the JustSim airport folder as a backup before attempting this method. It will also cost you extra disk space.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Hello,

here is the fix, as found by "Jedi 92" (thanks to him!) and posted in the FranceVFR forum (login is required)
https://www.vfrnetwork.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15049-problème-adaptation-justsim-lfmn-12-et-paca-vfr-64-vol1/page/2/&_fromLogin=1

Since it is in French, here is the short version in English:

1st step :  disable (rename to .OFF ) the following files in PACA1
PACA VFR Vol1 - Ground layer\Scenery \ AFX_LFMN_DS.BGL
PACA VFR Vol1 - Ground layer\Scenery \ CVX_slp_PA1_LFMN_64.BGL
PACA VFR Vol1 - Ground layer\Scenery \ lib_PA1_lfmn_64.BGL

PACA VFR Vol1 - Objects layer\Scenery \ obj_PA1_LFMN.BGL
PACA VFR Vol1 - Objects layer\Scenery \ 000_PA1_LFMN_exc_64.BGL

2nd step : move (or copy) the file 'Photo_LFMN.bgl' from JustSim LFMN to PACA VFR Vol1 - Ground layer\Scenery

(you can rename it to 'img_001_L18_LFMN.bgl', but it is not required I guess)

This is to use the better LOD18 file of LFMN.

3rd step : copy-paste the file obl_3dp64_PA1_nice_ext.BGL from PACA VFR Vol1 - Ground layer\Scenery into JustSim-LFMN \data\Scenery.

Yes, copy-paste, not only move. The file is required in both the target and source directories.

This is the file that brings the autogen back to the airport surroundings.

4th step : move (or copy) the file obj_PA1_rjs_64.BGL from PACA VFR Vol1 - Objects layer\Scenery to JustSim-LFMN \data\Scenery

This brings the supermarket Cap 3000 back.

Et voila!

It works perfectly for me with LFMN v1.4 in P3Dv5.

Enjoy flying in this beautiful area.

Cheers

Vvince

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2020 at 11:29 PM, flycln said:

I got my first FranceVFR last week after hesitating for months and I quite like it, at least combined with their own airports. 

Before I take the plunge and get more, can you guys give me any advice on what compatibility is like with other airports?

JustSim Nice and DigitalDesign Lyon in particular. 

Hello,

did you install FranceVFR RA1 and Digital Design lyon? Do they mix well together?

Cheers

Vvince