Sign in to follow this  
zannu

MR20 Ovation Unaccetable at this point

Sorry for that but i'm little bit frustrating.. After the today update the OVation is completely broken.. and where is it the 1.2 update? we wait for 4 days.

Sorry but i don't think i will buy your aircraft in the future

• Like 1

as bad as this looks, it is not Carenados fault, as they managed to deliver a functional aircraft from the beginning. Ok it had bugs, but far away from what mess we have now. With every of the last FS2020 updates it got worse, so it is clearly Asobos/Microsofts fault. My guess is that they do not deliver alpha versions to 3rd party developers before they launch them. So everyone falls out of the sky once they hit the market, including Carenado,

However the M20R (the only aircraft I have bought) is broken since weeks and there should be a fix for these issues faster.

47 minutes ago, af1134 said:

this is not caranado fault

I am not so sure... they have been working closely with Asobo all along, and this problem did not just occur with the latest update, but the one before it..

Carenado are not covering themselves with glory right now..

• Like 2

Bert

21 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am not so sure... they have been working closely with Asobo all along, and this problem did not just occur with the latest update, but the one before it..

Carenado are not covering themselves with glory right now..

Yes i agree too Bert.

spacer.png

This is bumming me out, it's my favorite FS2020 aircraft to fly... Makes me wary about buying any add-on aircraft. They aren't cheap, and to think they just stop working randomly def. makes me want to save my coin and scour freeware. 

On 11/27/2020 at 2:17 PM, af1134 said:

this is not caranado fault

I don't care if it's their "fault" or not, but it is their responsibility to fix it in a reasonable amount of time.  We're approaching the point the "reasonable amount of time" is almost up.  I expect a payware company to support their product, to do so in a timely manner, and to communicate with their user community much better than Carenado has done in this case.  It's a real shame, too, as it was basically my favorite GA normally aspirated non-pressurized single before it broke.  Actually, it was kind of a tie with the 182T, mostly because the 182T could handle ice much better, and we're getting to the time of year that icing in IMC is a real concern, especially with FS2020's overly aggressive icing model.  

• Like 3

Hmm, glad to see it isn't just me. But hey ho.... how long has this been now? Sorry, but I agree with some of the sentiments here. It is unacceptable and Carenado should provide some kind of feedback to it's customers. Interestingly, this is my first Carenado purchase for ten years... we will have to wait and see.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I find this to be a tough situation -- you have Asobo releasing incremental updates while the developers are tying to keep up. There is also quite a bit of pressure on the 3rd party developers to release content when they didn't have a lot of time before MSFS was released and are working with an entirely new codebase. We have something here that is absolutely visually stunning, but is still being improved when it comes to the aircraft side. I also think about the cadence of the Asobo updates -- generally speaking these are coming quite rapidly compared to what has occurred historically with the FSX SP1 and SP2 releases.

I personally, have taken a step back and have switched to P3D for the next foreseeable future. I like that it is built on a very stable codebase with lots of well-established 3rd party addons. I can't wait to get back to MSFS, but I find that it still is in need of work from both Asobo and the 3rd parties, which I find are very important to the ecosystem.

• Like 1

It's a bit soon to say with certainty, but it does appear that the CTD issues may be fixed, or at least greatly reduced.  Good thing, too, I miss my Mooney!

On 11/29/2020 at 3:25 PM, KevyKevTPA said:

...communicate with their user community much better than Carenado has done in this case.

If they did it would be the first time in the 10 years I've been in flight simming. Some of you will have even longer memories than me. 🙂

In through the nose, out through the mouth aaaand relaaax.

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

On 12/9/2020 at 3:31 PM, Christopher Starr said:

I like that it is built on a very stable codebase

I seem to recall, not that long ago, P3d being slated for using old FSX cast offs

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Looks like nice little plane I was pretty happy until I connected to IVAO through Altitude and than strange things happening, plane is hard to control usually end up with crash. I don't know how this is possible offline is nice, online is rubbish.