Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Carenado PA44 new CTD issue from update.

Great I hit the sun visor on the Mooney and it CTD'd also.  I feel sorry for developers who make a product that the updates break.  I'm taking a break going down to watch a movie I'm all stressed out now lol.

3 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Great I hit the sun visor on the Mooney and it CTD'd also.  I feel sorry for developers who make a product that the updates break.  I'm taking a break going down to watch a movie I'm all stressed out now lol.

Similarly to the pa44 , my visor will not move in the mooney  either, and it did before.

Edited by FrankR409

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

43 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Todd it's not you or your system. There are others having CTDs. It will be a common thread after each update until they all get on the same page.

That Sux!

2 minutes ago, Armchair Pilot said:

Ever since I have seen how Carenado handled their X-Plane releases.... I just can't be surprised by these moments anymore.

If it worked when released and Asobo changed something that broke it, can you really blame Cerenado?

This is mostly an example of Microsobos broken development process for the sim.  

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Just now, marsman2020 said:

If it worked when released and Asobo changed something that broke it, can you really blame Cerenado?

This is mostly an example of Microsobos broken development process for the sim.  

sounds like you do not understand how the software development industry works. But basically IF you choose to host a 3rd Party Application, it is YOUR RIGHT as the developer to maintain it up to the standards they see as fit. Its not a new thing, not a Microsoft thing... whether you like it or not, its Carenado not keeping up with the development of the sim.

10 minutes ago, Armchair Pilot said:

sounds like you do not understand how the software development industry works. But basically IF you choose to host a 3rd Party Application, it is YOUR RIGHT as the developer to maintain it up to the standards they see as fit. Its not a new thing, not a Microsoft thing... whether you like it or not, its Carenado not keeping up with the development of the sim.

"Not keeping up with the development of the sim" - how the word not allowed are they supposed to?

There is no beta program, so the third party developers only get access to new versions at the same time as the public.

Asobo changes things in the sim that break the third party content, while giving them 0 opportunity to test.  Asobo performs 0 regression testing of their changes against any of the Marketplace content that THEY are making a cut off of selling (even when it's broken like the Mooney).

Then it takes WEEKS to approve updates to the Marketplace content (3 weeks+ for an airport in one instance).  But updates to the sim come every two weeks. 

So even if a third party developer patches a problem on the day a new release comes out and sends that patch off to be approved - there may be a new patch that breaks more stuff before the fix for the prior patch is approved!!  In fact, it's very possible that we will see that this is EXACTLY what has happened with the Mooney.

This is a totally untenable situation that renders the Marketplace useless, and it's 100% on Microsoft/Asobo for their poorly managed Marketplace process.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

"Not keeping up with the development of the sim" - how the word not allowed are they supposed to?

There is no beta program, so the third party developers only get access to new versions at the same time as the public.

Asobo changes things in the sim that break the third party content, while giving them 0 opportunity to test.  Asobo performs 0 regression testing of their changes against any of the Marketplace content that THEY are making a cut off of selling (even when it's broken like the Mooney).

Then it takes WEEKS to approve updates to the Marketplace content (3 weeks+ for an airport in one instance).  But updates to the sim come every two weeks. 

So even if a third party developer patches a problem on the day a new release comes out and sends that patch off to be approved - there may be a new patch that breaks more stuff before the fix for the prior patch is approved.  In fact, it's very possible that we will see that this is EXACTLY what has happened with the Mooney.

Whilst I do sympathize with the way updates get approved at the studio, This is a live service title and with that comes the caveats of a constantly developing software framework and environment. Just because you and I do not have access to Alpha, it is still a thing and something that most 3PD are accessing as the studio has stated that Alpha remains a thing for the product, after all, they do vet who has access to the marketplace. Even with all that said, Carenado has a deep history of taking its time and sitting on their hands for products they do a one and done on. Go look at their X-Plane range if you do not believe me.

18 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

So even if a third party developer patches a problem on the day a new release comes out and sends that patch off to be approved - there may be a new patch that breaks more stuff before the fix for the prior patch is approved!!  In fact, it's very possible that we will see that this is EXACTLY what has happened with the Mooney.

This is a totally untenable situation that renders the Marketplace useless, and it's 100% on Microsoft/Asobo for their poorly managed Marketplace process.

So how do you explain the way freeware mod creators are able to fix thir mods within hours after release of an update?

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

37 minutes ago, DJJose said:

So how do you explain the way freeware mod creators are able to fix thir mods within hours after release of an update?

They do not have to wait for Microsoft to approve the updates.

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

15 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

no they don't... they run outside the marketplace.

7 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Can you share the source for such a fact?

Even when Carenado had complete control of their aircraft and updates, they still failed to deliver patches in a timely manner. This is a fact! It's who Carenado is and will always be.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

10 hours ago, Dillon said:

Tried what you reported here and I'm not having the issue.  No CTD on this end. The plane has had no issues for me since I installed the update this morning.

I had it straight after the update with nothing in the community folder, worked flawlessly before the update

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Just tried mine, CTD as soon as i try to lower the sun visor.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,