Sign in to follow this  
markcellis

FS-ATC-Chatter Feedback

@BeardymanIf that is the case then we just need to verify that the list of nearby facilities has some center facilities you can tune to. If they are in the list you just pick one.

Where it really matters that it match the simulator is when you are using the SIMS ATC and it is telling you to tune to certain frequencies. If they don't match then you can get out-of-range.

Mark

markcellis,  if i wanna add some custom clips to use in caribean zone , how  is the name of archives i have to put and in wich  region folder (south america? )

thanks

@motishow

I suggest you put them in the Custom folder under regions. Make sure you put the clips in the proper controller folder, i.e. App, Clr, Ctr, Dep, etc...

Mark

• Like 1

chatter files are low and high i have to to keep adjusting the volume all the time is there a work around it a pain

On 1/6/2021 at 3:55 PM, Burge said:

chatter files are low and high i have to to keep adjusting the volume all the time is there a work around it a pain

Interesting. I usually run all the clips through mp3gain to set their level the same for all clips. I wonder if I forgot to do that for a few. If you can give me an example of one that seems significantly louder or softer than the others I can take a look.

Mark

@motishow

I have requested an enhancement from Asobo to add a Sim Connect variable or event that tells us when FS2020 ATC is speaking. Until they add that I can't think of a way of knowing when ATC is active.

Mark

Would it be fair to say that this software will work better with pilot2atc activating the live chatter. 

I usually fly in the UK but I found out of range for most of my flight, I did get some chatter on the odd occasion. 

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

1 hour ago, sleightflight said:

Would it be fair to say that this software will work better with pilot2atc activating the live chatter. 

I usually fly in the UK but I found out of range for most of my flight, I did get some chatter on the odd occasion. 

The out of range is likely caused by the FS-ATC-Chatter COM data not matching the Simulator. There is a free command line tool you can run that will create a COM data file for FS-ATC-Chatter that will match the sim you are flying and the scenery you have installed. Here is a YouTube tutorial on how to run it. It is also outlined in the FS-ATC-Chatter User Guide.

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/fs-atc-chatter-tutorials/

I do not have a ton of experience with FS2020's ATC system. I do have a lot of experience with Pilot2ATC and I can confidently say that Pilot2ATC is very good. If you do use the clips with Pilot2ATC there is no need to be running the FS-ATC-Chatter player as Pilot2ATC will play the proper clips and handle the pauses as necessary.

Mark

Thanks Mark that's great, I will check out the link you've provided, still haven't started my trial period of pilot2atc yet, I was waiting for the sim update before I tried it. 

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Hi, OK I've run the navdata reader. 

I normally fly around the UK, I'm not getting any chatter, it's found a frequency to use that was near my location, so it wasn't saying out of range, or com 2 not powered, but I'm not hearing any chatter, is this down to the fact you're not allowed to record UK ATC chatter ? 

OK, I've fixed it, for some reason it was locked onto a Gloucester frequency, when it should of been on a frequency near Farnborough. 

I shut down the software and re launched it, and hey presto I've got chatter, cool. 

Edited by sleightflight

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Hello

I've had this great addon since today and I noticed that when I have a Statue of Liberty in New York, for example, I start radio traffic and I'm not at the same place the next time I start.

It comes out of range again and again.

What can I do?

Greetings

@AranonAMG

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "I'm not at the same place the next time I start". Can you add some more detail about that comment.

As far as the out of range message is concerned this is mostly likely caused by using the Sims ATC frequency assignments when there is a mismatch between the scenery frequencies and the FS-ATC-Chatter frequency database. There is a free tool that can be used to scan your installed scenery files and create an updated COM frequency database for FS-ATC-Chatter. The use of this tool is outlined in the FS-ATC-Chatter manual and there is also a YouTube tutorial on its use here:

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/fs-atc-chatter-tutorials/

Let me know if that helps.

Mark

Oh my god… I‘m using google translation… I‘m sorry… 

I start in-flight at New York and the radio traffic comes… at the next time I started at the same point, it comes „out of range“

I hope, it‘s better… sorry for my bad english.