Sign in to follow this  
markcellis

FS-ATC-Chatter Feedback

4 hours ago, Nazri said:

Hello and greetings everyone.

I've started using this apps since 17th January 2021. I got to say that I really really like it. Good job to the devs 🙂

Anyway, I just have one suggestion. Can you guys put an option in the apps so that when I go to external view, the ATC cannot be heard.

Currently when I'm in external view I can heard the ATC.

Hope to hear some good news from your side regarding this small improvement.

Cheers! 🙂 

@rcarlson1971 Does SimConnect have the ability to detect an external view? We actually have this as an option in the X-Plane player to pause chatter when the camera is outside the cockpit.

Mark

On 10/10/2021 at 10:59 PM, markcellis said:

@rcarlson1971 Does SimConnect have the ability to detect an external view? We actually have this as an option in the X-Plane player to pause chatter when the camera is outside the cockpit.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Got your email and straight away I headed here :)

Unfortunately I am not to sure how to check that option in SimConnect. Perhaps someone with dev skills can help us to check on the said.

So it can be done just to confirm if this feature in SimConnect. Hope to hear some good news :)

On 10/12/2021 at 3:12 AM, Nazri said:

Hi Mark,

Got your email and straight away I headed here 🙂

Unfortunately I am not to sure how to check that option in SimConnect. Perhaps someone with dev skills can help us to check on the said.

So it can be done just to confirm if this feature in SimConnect. Hope to hear some good news 🙂

Actually Ross confirmed above that there is no way for FS-ATC-Chatter to know that the camera is outside the cockpit as this information is not available in the SimConnect dataset. 

Mark

Hi all, 

since this is the place for feedback about the awesome FS-ATC I'm going to raise my issue.

I use FS-ATC in combination with Pilot2ATC. The issue is the set of frequencies are not the same consequently Pilot2ATC often tunes on a frequency not recognised by FS-ATC and the chatter stops. Is there any way to "syncronize" the database for the two programs?

Cheers everyone 😃

Edited by Stefano74

1 hour ago, Stefano74 said:

Hi all, 

since this is the place for feedback about the awesome FS-ATC I'm going to raise my issue.

I use FS-ATC in combination with Pilot2ATC. The issue is the set of frequencies are not the same consequently Pilot2ATC often tunes on a frequency not recognised by FS-ATC and the chatter stops. Is there any way to "syncronize" the database for the two programs?

Cheers everyone 😃

Pilot2ATC has its own built-in chatter player. You just need to copy the clips from the Regions folder to proper folder in Pilot2ATC and setup the Pilot2ATC player properly. When using Pilot2ATC you would not start the FS-ATC-Chatter player. The following video will provide some guidance.

Although the video is for X-ATC-Chatter the procedure is the same.

Mark

Thank you for the Update to ATC-Chatter 1.7. Just received the notification.  Happy Holidays!

T. Headlam

Great program - brings a lot of realism to the sim. 

One question - is there an option to enable detection of the region your aircraft is located and enable auto selection of the appropriate voice files?

This will lead me to 'set and forget' without having to set the voice files for the different regions I fly in.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Hello,

Thank you for your program. I have tried to add custom files from ATClive.com and put them in the custom folder, but I am not sure if they are working.

Do I need to do anything to the file name I download from LiveAtc.com, or should I just leave the file name the same (which is what I have been doing)? Also, if, for example, I download an ATC center file from South America, do I check the custom folder and the South America region to be able to hear it and use the frequency 123.273, or do I use the real-world frequency for that particular center?

Finally, sometimes when downloading a file from Live ATC, it is not categorized as DEP, APP, or Center but rather put together as one file and listed as, for example, KSFO Dep/TWR/App, so which folder should I put these types of Live ATC files in? The APP, TWR, or DEP custom folder?

Thank you in advance

Paul

The files should be MP3 files.

Make sure you put them in the correct controller folders under the custom region

I never did find a good source for center frequencies outside of the U.S. and Canada so I recommend using the 123.273 option to automatically select center chatter when your radio is tuned to that frequency. You also need to make sure that you select your custom region in the control panel as FS-ATC-Chatter can't do that automatically.

Normally when a volunteer creates clips they will use Audacity to break the downloaded MP3 archive into separate clips for a single pilot-controller communication exchange, We do this so we can have FS-ATC-Chatter inject pauses between the clips under program control. If the archive has mixed controller audio you need to listen to the exchange and determine if it is Departure, Tower, or Approach and then same that part of the clip to the appropriate controller folder.

Hopefully, this answers your questions. If not please let me know.

Mark

Edited by markcellis