Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Wow, this is appalling

After being disappointed with MSFS after I first downloaded it, I left it for a while to continue using P3D.

But, after hearing so many rave reviews about the appearance of the sim, I thought I'd give it another go. Wow, how disappointed I was.

I started a flight from Newark and decided to fly over Manhattan.

This is following a left hand turn out of Newark. Is this really how bridges are depicted?! How awful
https://imgur.com/a/IfVHxwU

Approaching Manhattan from the South West. Since when did it look like this?!
https://imgur.com/a/YbYIpVG

And then this awful depiction of NYC
https://imgur.com/a/rDtpiqx

I was shocked and disappointed. What a complete waste of money this sim is. Back to P3D for me.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

You're right, the default P3D bridges and scenery just blows it away...

TTe8jKX.jpg

Edited by SceneryFX
  • Like 39
  • Upvote 2

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Granted P3D is not perfect, am I missing something with MSFS or is this just how it is?!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Just now, BWBriscoe said:

Granted P3D is not perfect, am I missing something with MSFS or is this just how it is?!

Do you even have to ask? 

• Like 1

My Manhattan skyline looks nothing like that.  I'm sure if you were interested someone would help you figure out if you have a setting issue etc but you've made your decision (and decided to post it here for some reason) so see ya.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

I was shocked and disappointed. What a complete waste of money this sim is. Back to P3D for me.

Sounds like you bought the wrong version. Just captured a few of these in DC yesterday, and the incredibly lovely Cote d' Azur in Southern France prior to that:

WDC.png

WDC-1.png

Nice.png

• Like 8

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

@BWBriscoeThere's a mod that fixes the bridges in NYC. You should do some research before you post how appalled you are. My fully loaded P3D looks ancient compared to my MSFS. Like everything else, you'll get back what you put into this sim.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

What a complete waste of money this sim is. Back to P3D for me....Granted P3D is not perfect, am I missing something with MSFS or is this just how it is?!

You do understand most in here are going to conclude you're either unable to set up the sim to run correctly or you have very low end hardware and can't set it up optimally, and/or you have ultra poor net bandwidth making it hard to get out of it what it very clearly, unequivocally, delivers, or and this is my first guess-it's just another basic troll job.  I could see these comments after just installing and not getting things setup right, but now 3 months later w/ yes, plenty of rave reviews about so many aspects of MSFS, it really seems like classic trolling, which might be more fun for you than flying P3D :wacko:.  Seriously, if trolling isn't you, why don't you figure out how to get where the vast majority of users have clearly gotten w/ MSFS, myself included.  Once you do, you'll find you likely will find like me you generally have a hard time going back to P3D, though I still do now and again to enjoy what I did do for over a decade.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Atlantic City today from 1,500 ft.  Looks way better from up here than if you are down there.

image.png.923e930ccf370eed5978efe545d8ca16.png

• Like 5

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yeah, something is completely wrong with your system, your graphics settings or your connection. Even with my very old system and my poor connection, photogrammetry cities look nothing like that. Have you made sure the Terrain Level of Detail setting is set to at least 50?

Yeah. Contrary to what some think, there's a learning curve even with MSFS.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Alright.  We probably already scared BWB away.  But if not... What is your system @BWBriscoe ?

Is photogrammetry enabled?  Can you take a pic of your scenery settings?

There are sometimes issues with bridges like your pictures.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

46 minutes ago, SceneryFX said:

You're right, the default P3D bridges and scenery just blows it away...

TTe8jKX.jpg

Hahaha that made me laugh. Best reply I’ve seen in ages. 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

You'll use it and you'll love it. Show us your logbook hours, let's see how many hours of flying around you have to hate it. Come on, bring it.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |