Sign in to follow this  
BijanStudio

Fall Season update V1.2 - updater for USA update

27 minutes ago, DAL1850 said:

Well the instructions say to install them to:

Packages\Official\xxx\fs-base\vegetation

How would I install these to the community folder? Do I need to create a parallel folder hierarchy or can I just extract the modified "vegitation" folder directly to community and have the game pick it up?

That's the old instruction.

Just extract the folder in community folder as follow:

community/fall/vegetation

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

Thank you both. Did not need to be pulling 25GB every week with every micro patch.

Lesson learned.

49 minutes ago, DAL1850 said:

How would I install these to the community folder?

Download the latest version 🙂

New version 1.2 is available to download at:

https://flightsim.to/file/3680/fall-season-for-microsoft-flight-simulator

Some enhancement have been made in certain areas. As seen in pictures, not all areas have the bright vivid colors. 

Just unzip in community folder.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I greatly appreciate the author having made this add-on available to the MSFS community.  🙂

However, I would like to ask: why is this file only available to registered users of the download site ?

hu37nq7hb6ngz5r6g.jpg

GaryGB

Edited by GaryGB

On 12/3/2020 at 11:02 PM, DAL1850 said:

Thank you both. Did not need to be pulling 25GB every week with every micro patch.

Lesson learned.

This does not ahve any effect on that. Many updated the patch without downlading the whole sim again.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

18 minutes ago, GaryGB said:

I greatly appreciate the author having made this add-on available to the MSFS community.  🙂

However, I would like to ask: why is this file only available to registered users of the download site ?

hu37nq7hb6ngz5r6g.jpg

GaryGB

As per policy on flightsim.co site:

Advanced Protection

Help us fighting against the unauthorized distribution of your file by people who rip and re-upload your mods elsewhere.

I spent countless hours on this. It will only take you less than one minute to register and download.

Gaming Laptop:

40 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

As per policy on flightsim.co site:

Advanced Protection

Help us fighting against the unauthorized distribution of your file by people who rip and re-upload your mods elsewhere.

I spent countless hours on this. It will only take you less than one minute to register and download.

AFAIK, some downloads at Flightsim.to are NOT only available to registered users of the download site.

FYI: There is concern in the FS development community regarding how such web sites operate, and what they do with content entrusted to them by developers.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/flightsim-to-terms.450394/

There is also concern by end users of such web sites about what is done with registration information, and whether "tracking" info is being added to files downloaded from such web sites.

End users appreciate your commitment to maintaining control over your creations to ensure they are not changed or mis-appropriated by unscrupulous end users or cyber-criminals.

However, there has been a increase of such web sites launched this year which, AFAIK, are not providing industry standard disclosures regarding how they use personal info and whether / how they alter the content originally made available for download by authors / developers.

One might wonder whether / how Flightsim.to offers any protection to your posted content above and beyond the copyright note at the bottom of the download page ?

vi3xl46eybp21296g.jpg

Again, we appreciate your innovative and generous contributions to the FS community, but as a heads-up to you as you decide where and when to make your content available in the future, be aware that such download sites which are newcomers to the FS download website community 'should' expect to be subject to scrutiny if / when they are operate without industry standard privacy practices and posting other advance disclosures as to what use may be intended for personal information of registrants to their web site(s).

GaryGB

Edited by GaryGB