Sign in to follow this  
AKStirling

Mods and latest update

Run several of the available mods and uncertain how they're likely to be affected by the update ....... what's likely to happen .... will mod creators check whether any conflict between their mod and changes made by Asobo and work around them ..... or whatever???

8 minutes ago, AKStirling said:

how they're likely to be affected by the update ....... what's likely to happen ....

Why not do a few flights and then report back?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm also curious. Not had a chance to spend much time with the sim since the update yet. Most, if not all aircraft got updated so mods could be affected. I understand the dev version mod of the FBW A320X is working. Wondering most about all the Working Title mods and Robert Young's G36 (I know a new version of this is due soon anyway).

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

The San Juan islands mod pack (a lot of files starting with wookie) stops you from being able to access Content Manager and Marketplace. It will just keep spinning the loading wheel.

The Carenado PA44 will instantly CTD if you touch the sunshade / visor. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

I'm also curious. Not had a chance to spend much time with the sim since the update yet. Most, if not all aircraft got updated so mods could be affected. I understand the dev version mod of the FBW A320X is working. Wondering most about all the Working Title mods and Robert Young's G36 (I know a new version of this is due soon anyway).

My WT G1000 was working just fine yesterday after the update, as well as my liveries (all GA).  And I had neglected to first remove them from my Community folder.  Then again, I use the MSFS Add-Ons Linker, which only stores shortcuts to mods in the Community folder.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

That's news to me.

• Like 3

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I've flown the Bonanza Turbo and the JMB VL3 Racing 915 mods with all the WT GPS mods in the Community DIR. Everything is working fine as far as I can tell.

15 minutes ago, robert young said:

That's news to me.

Likely confused between it and a project for another aircraft...

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

48 minutes ago, robert young said:

That's news to me.

Whoops, confusing this with the DA62.... it’s been a looooong day for me. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I have seen issues w/ the Working Title CJ4 autopilot capturing the localizer and glideslope (it appears it cannot capture), and then the way it sets the autopilot approach mode when another mode is already set, such as heading and alt.

Someone else has already posted the issue on their Github Page.

The default does capture ILS, but of course the FMS is lacking compared to Working Title's version. I am sure they will look into it when they get a moment.

No problem here with the Working Titlle mod (v.0.71) for the CJ4 running on MSFS 1.11.6.0. 

Did 2 flights yesterday and 2 today after applying patch #7 - all were into different airports (LEPA, LGAV, LIPZ and LLBG) and the AP captured the ILS localiser and GS just fine in all 4 flights (and in the flight today into LLBG, this was after switching the AP from HDG mode to APPR mode, following a change in the ATIS-advised runway for landing due to weather).

• Upvote 1

GNS430/530 and G1000 mods working well here.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

8 hours ago, Republic3D said:

The Carenado PA44 will instantly CTD if you touch the sunshade / visor. 

The visors, door and mini window won't open for me now, but I get no CTD's when I try. Weird how it affects people's systems differently.