Sign in to follow this  
RTK1972

Add-ons.cfg after latest hotfix P3D 5.1

Not sure how to describe my problem...

the entries in add-on.cfg in User}AppDate\Roaming.. etc directory are correct 

the ones in Add-on.cfg  in ProgramData\Lockeehd Martin too

but when starting P3D there are entries missing. They are partally missing in the scenery.cfg after starting P3D.

Furthermore the greyed out entries in scenery.cfg (those from Add-on.cfg) show the wrong paths. They all link to drive f:\Prepar3D V5 Add-ons...

I had a look in the ProgramDate LM folder and saw a file called scenery_add-ons.xml that is generated every time i start P3D and inside are the wrong paths too... I have np clue what is going on here.

Even deleting and reinstalling was not sucessfull.

Hope this was not to cryptic and someon of you can help me...

Thank you ! Carsten

Carsten U

Do you use Lorby Addon Organizer? 

If not then you probably should be 🙂

It should highlight any issues and you can use it to correct them to. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

i have it installed but it shows me no errors... Also P3D starts without errors but as i tried to explain there are a mix up of the paths and some Add-ons are missing

Carsten U

Hmm strange that Lorby is not picking that up. Whenever paths are wrong they are highlighted purple. At least for me.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

I've had similar problems to this with RAAS pro & uk2000 scenery not showing up after install. the cause is/was that I had previous deleted installs of FSX and P3D4.5 on this PC and now the new (solo) installation of 5.1HF1.

installations were picking up the wrong paths despite my efforts to choose the correct one during installation. I did get the add-ons working by manually adding them to the correct .cfg files. I don't remember where the 'correct one' was as I've now uninstalled P3D 5.1. 

I've decided on a fresh OS install without these remnants of old installs sitting in the registry (or wherever).

4 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

Not sure how to describe my problem...

the entries in add-on.cfg in User}AppDate\Roaming.. etc directory are correct 

the ones in Add-on.cfg  in ProgramData\Lockeehd Martin too

but when starting P3D there are entries missing. They are partally missing in the scenery.cfg after starting P3D.

Furthermore the greyed out entries in scenery.cfg (those from Add-on.cfg) show the wrong paths. They all link to drive f:\Prepar3D V5 Add-ons...

I had a look in the ProgramDate LM folder and saw a file called scenery_add-ons.xml that is generated every time i start P3D and inside are the wrong paths too... I have np clue what is going on here.

Even deleting and reinstalling was not sucessfull.

Hope this was not to cryptic and someon of you can help me...

Thank you ! Carsten

Did you recently change your default Documents folder in Windows?  I have read that a recent Windows update may be doing that...if you're seeing references to "F:\Prepar3D V5 Add-ons" it looks to me that the default Documents directory has been changed to F:\ instead of "C:\Users\your user name\Documents"--if that's the case, changing those lines in the add-ons.cfg to point to the proper path in the old documents directory should fix that.

The scenery_add-ons.xml is just a list of CRC checksums that allow P3D to detect if a scenery has been changed since the last scenery indices were built.  It will reflect the paths found in add-ons.cfg

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

See 

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

10 hours ago, w6kd said:

Did you recently change your default Documents folder in Windows?  I have read that a recent Windows update may be doing that...if you're seeing references to "F:\Prepar3D V5 Add-ons" it looks to me that the default Documents directory has been changed to F:\ instead of "C:\Users\your user name\Documents"--if that's the case, changing those lines in the add-ons.cfg to point to the proper path in the old documents directory should fix that.

The scenery_add-ons.xml is just a list of CRC checksums that allow P3D to detect if a scenery has been changed since the last scenery indices were built.  It will reflect the paths found in add-ons.cfg

Hey Bob,

At thanks for this ! The problem is that the paths in add-on.cfg are correct. Ojly in scenery_addons they are wrong. But at the end they are wrong in p3d too. That is what makes me wonder.

i will perform a complete clean reinstall 😞 and see what happens as indid not change anything in terms of windows documents.

carsten

Carsten U

After thinking my problems were fixed, this is what I noticed. Certain folders including my Documents folder now had a OneDrive in the middle of their path. Now, here's a nice thing about the Documents folder. Windows considers it mission essential and you can't just change the path. I was able to get my User folder out of the OneDrive's grip on its path, and Downloads, but not Documents. So, the only solution I see is to do a complete wipe and reinstall of Windows. I still think Documents was a less than optimal choice for P3D's two folders with important files, and I'm sorry I'm not smart enough to work around that decision.

On 11/25/2020 at 12:25 PM, w6kd said:

Did you recently change your default Documents folder in Windows?  I have read that a recent Windows update may be doing that.

Bingo. Except in my case it was OneDrive. I noticed that none of my flight plans were showing up in P3D. I eventually took a good look and saw the path was hosed up. I could browse to a different Documents folder in my User folder and find them, but the default documents folder and P3D got a divorce after OneDrive seduced the former. I'm tired of this word not allowed. Nuke them from orbit. It's the only way.

EDIT: "Word not allowed" was pretty mild. Just because I was sailor doesn't mean I curse like one online. Certainly not in front of Ginger.

Edited by Tim_Capps