Sign in to follow this  
JJ_

Update 1.11.6.0 - First time FPS Takes a BIG hit

Posted this in FS Forum, but curious to see if others here are experiencing the same...

Been flying in most major cities/airports around the world with solid FPS performance using the ULTRA graphics preset. Since the original version and through all the updates, no issues with FPS. After the update, KDFW and surrounding area is a slide show for me. Two of us tested this with same big FPS hit.

-no hardware changes
-no mods
-no software changes
-tested removing KDFW from Content Manager and FPS went back to “normal”
-waited long enough to ensure it was not caching delay related
-restarted the computer too

Given that I can fly over complex large cities and airports with good FPS, I have to believe that KDFW could use some optimization.
This is my local airport, so was exited to use the update, but will keep it uninstalled with hopes that Asobo optimizes it.

Edited by JJ_
  • Like 1

If you want an answer then maybe you should start by not using that black background, it is terribly annoying.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I just did a test and no issues here. High frame rate 45 to 55 fps, no stutters.

Mostly ultra settings. 1920x1080.

Many times restarting the computer solves performance issues. 

Qe1vzuu.png

Edited by BijanStudio

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

21 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

If you want an answer then maybe you should start by not using that black background, it is terribly annoying.

using dark view in chrome and didn't realize it was showing white on black. Edited.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

I just did a test and no issues here. High frame rate 45 to 55 fps, no stutters.

Mostly ultra settings. 1920x1080.

Many times restarting the computer solves performance issues. 

Qe1vzuu.png

Thanks for the feedback. I did test re-booting too.  If I turn down my terrain level of detail from 200 to 100, everything is fine, but that defeats the point that I've not had FPS issues until KDFW.) Are you getting the same FPS at KDFW whether you remove it from the Content Manager or not?

I have no removed it from content manager.  I do have my LOD to 200 on both terrain and object. Tree and grass and cloud set to ultra.

Maybe turn off and on your photogrammetry.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

2 hours ago, JJ_ said:

Posted this in FS Forum, but curious to see if others here are experiencing the same...

Been flying in most major cities/airports around the world with solid FPS performance using the ULTRA graphics preset. Since the original version and through all the updates, no issues with FPS. After the update, KDFW and surrounding area is a slide show for me. Two of us tested this with same big FPS hit.

-no hardware changes
-no mods
-no software changes
-tested removing KDFW from Content Manager and FPS went back to “normal”
-waited long enough to ensure it was not caching delay related
-restarted the computer too

Given that I can fly over complex large cities and airports with good FPS, I have to believe that KDFW could use some optimization.
This is my local airport, so was exited to use the update, but will keep it uninstalled with hopes that Asobo optimizes it.

I'm also getting a hit in performance, especially at KATL & KDFW. At night in Las Vegas is was a slideshow. Having said that, once you load the airports and fly around day or night the next time you load the are performance is much better, but still not as good as I wish.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I do not notice any difference in performance after the patch, but I have not tested in the US, a small difference is to be expected where they updated the scenery.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

9 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I do not notice any difference in performance after the patch, but I have not tested in the US, a small difference is to be expected where they updated the scenery.

Can you test KLAS at dusk. It's a stutter fest! What have they done to my sim?

22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

What's your memory utilization? I saw your post and tried to check the performance at KLAS, but got an OOM twice (16 gigs here)... Maybe that's the reason?

34 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Is it the same with photogrammetry disabled?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I think I got a hit on fps two. I noticed that my local US city seems to have an updated and far better photogrammetry. Could be that MSFS has to download and process a massive amount of new data. Will test more tonight. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I had a huge hit on fps too. Try to reset do default on the graphic settings and then set you prefered settings. That solved it for the most. But still getting less fps than before the patch...

Hello Team.

I have also noticed a degradation of performance; I can't get past 30-32 fps.  Been tweaking settings to no avail.  Here are my specs:

Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke.  Throttles: 2 Saitek Throttle units in tandem.

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

35 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Is it the same with photogrammetry disabled?

I figured out why my fps were awful. AI traffic was set to 50% offline. Incredible! Back to my normal 30fps.

p24wMT0.png

bUBlpZy.png