Sign in to follow this  
Car147

Next World update UK

According to the info over on MSFS forum UK next for the World update, bring it on.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-developer-q-a-is-starting-feel-free-to-discuss-here/327047?u=thedamned147

Edited by Car147
  • Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I heard on the stream that Liverpool, Barton, Lands End (and some others) would be handcrafted airports plus 50-60 POIs.....

Time for me to disable all the freeware then to rule out conflicts 🙂

• Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

1 minute ago, flying_w said:

any hint on which parts of the UK (and Ireland) will see the love?

The Shetland and Faroe Islands islands were mentioned as something getting an improvement.

Edited by Tuskin38

Brilliant can't wait for this update 🙂

Edited by 777
  • Like 1

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

6 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I heard on the stream that Liverpool, Barton, Lands End (and some others) would be handcrafted airports plus 50-60 POIs.....

Time for me to disable all the freeware then to rule out conflicts 🙂

Thanks but that raises an interesting point, there's already a freeware Barton out there that's pretty good.  It's probably all set in stone now but would love to see some other notable airfields get some attention that don't already exist in quality freeware. (PS this isn't a complaint, I'll take everything I can get and enjoy it)

Edited by flying_w
  • Like 1

They also said that they will be adding 10 new AI building types, including churches and cathedrals. Hopefully those will be rolled out to the rest of the world as well.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, flying_w said:

Thanks but that raises an interesting point, there's already a freeware Barton out there that's pretty good.  It's probably all set in stone now but would love to see some other notable airfields get some attention that don't already exist in quality freeware. (PS this isn't a complaint, I'll take everything I can get and enjoy it)

Yes I agree however its also clear the UK has I would say the most freeware on flightsim.to evident when you search for "countries", you can see UK has the most followed by USA.  So I think its fair to say a lot of people will have a ton of freeware already for the UK which is going to conflict with the next world update, so definitely a good idea to disable everything for the UK to rule out conflicts.

Thomas Derbyshire

I was expecting a more original idea, like Indonesia, with millennial jungles and massive active volcanos or New Zealand with pacific islands

Edited by bendead

16 minutes ago, flying_w said:

Agree, the Barton freeware is excellent and let’s not forget Orbx have a version of Barton that will also no doubt come to the sim. I’d rather they put their efforts elsewhere personally for me Manchester EGCC, it’s the biggest hub outside of London and it’s really poor, an no offence to UK2000 but I know there version will come but that stuff is barely acceptable payware these days.

Nice, hopefully they can pull Ireland in.  I wonder if we would get Northern Ireland at least given it’s part of the UK.

I remember ORBX Ireland and Northern Ireland didn’t have mesh because it was either too expensive or not available...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Ooh now this I am excited for!

I hope they give some attention to our coastlines especially in the South. We are famed in this part of the world for our dramatic white chalk cliffs such as in Dover and Eastbourne, as well as the Needles on the Isle of Wight. These currently are not well represented in the sim.

Edited by Tom Wright
  • Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

4 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

Ooh now this I am excited for!

I hope they give some attention to our coastlines especially in the South. We are famed in this part of the world for our dramatic white chalk cliffs such as in Dover and Eastbourne, as well as the Needles on the Isle of Wight. These currently are not well represented in the sim.

Don't forget the English Riviera - jasus 🙄

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

2 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Don't forget the English Riviera - jasus 🙄

Never been, but yeah and that 🤣

• Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S