Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

3 CTD in 2 days after update #7

Power Colour RX5700 XT Red Devil.. Ctd's daily until last Sunday... non since. But on the Sunday i updated the bios, i had rolled back the graphic card drivers (made no difference) so i returned to the latest, and there was a small update in the Xbox app.  I had also re-installed win 10 (I know) and the Sim .So i am afraid i don't know what resolved it.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

On 11/28/2020 at 1:58 PM, sidfadc said:

Reinstalling Win 10 and the Sim to troubleshoot a CTD is like knocking your house down and rebuilding it for a leak in the roof!

LOL - yes, you could say that, especially if the end result is that CTD's are still there! 

However I have taken this route previously and it is not as crazy as you might initially think. My sim machine does not hold much else on it and data is saved on a separate drive anyway. So in my case, it can take 30 minutes to format C drive, install a pristine copy of Windows 10 with updates. Then download and install the sim and a few other packages and be flying again inside a few hours, most of which is unattended. 

Those choosing to rather fault find won't likely have found their CTD issue by then and will have experienced a whole lot of frustration in that time too. Not so crazy after all... 🙂

However in this particular case (post Update 7), re-installing is unlikely to fix the issues - we need to wait for the next patch (scary thought in itself).

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

28 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

LOL - yes, you could say that, especially if the end result is that CTD's are still there! 

However I have taken this route previously and it is not as crazy as you might initially think. My sim machine does not hold much else on it and data is saved on a separate drive anyway. So in my case, it can take 30 minutes to format C drive, install a pristine copy of Windows 10 with updates. Then download and install the sim and a few other packages and be flying again inside a few hours, most of which is unattended. 

Those choosing to rather fault find won't likely have found their CTD issue by then and will have experienced a whole lot of frustration in that time too. Not so crazy after all... 🙂

However in this particular case (post Update 7), re-installing is unlikely to fix the issues - we need to wait for the next patch (scary thought in itself).

Yup i agree, it took some 40 mins to format the drives, and install Win 10. The bad bits getting MSFS re installed.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

9 hours ago, tonywob said:

Crash on the discovery flight for me approaching NYC... seems I'm not the only one. Lots of problems with the US update, including poor performance and stuttering/pauses. I'm wondering if the new high res DEM is to blame, but for now I'll have to remove the world update to get back some decent performance

Do you see performance issues outside of US too?
The only time I got a CTD with patch 7 and World Update 2 was when exiting a bush trip and going back to the main menu. However it could have been linked to one of the many addons I had enabled at the time.
I tried recreating the same scenario with no addons and could never crash it.

In the past few days my kid was going through the tutorials several times so the sim was running for hours and never crashed, in fact I'm super happy with how stable and well performing it is with my 4 years old pc

p.s. what crashed was the plane, multiple times, kid still learning 🙃

Edited by peroni

Has anyone experienced this accumulation of CTDs after the last update also outside the US?

Maybe it is not representative but I have not...

No CTD's in Scandinavia.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I've also experienced two CTDs since the USA update, and I only had one other CTD in the entire time since the sim was launched (that was after the update that needed a hotfix due to USB controllers crashing the sim). Before downloading the USA update, I completely emptied the community folder, installed the update, restarted the sim without any mods, then I restarted it again with mods. The first several flights were fine. I didn't add any new mods to the folder, and I flew several great flights over Thanksgiving weekend. Then with no warning, I had a CTD yesterday while sitting on the ground at Tokyo Narita (RJAA) adjusting the G1000 in the DA62X mod. Today, I had another CTD while in the middle of a gradual descent to intercept a localizer in the Cirrus SR22 near MYGF (Grand Bahama Airport). After today's crash, I removed everything from the community folder except the G1000 mod, rebooted my computer, and tried again. I've had no issues so far. 

So far, the crashes have been random with no discernible cause. I'm using a lower-end graphics card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660)

Edited by Marc Collins
Add GPU spec

Two CTD during the USA discovery flight for me too, no mods or third party add-on installed. never happened before...

Edited by P_R_S

I have had a total of three CTD’s. Although I bought this sim on day of release, all three have come after Update 7. 
One while flying the USA East Coast Tour in Caravan, one midway while flying from Aerosoft’s Paderborn across to Innsbruck in the G36 Bonanza (was about 40 minutes in) and one on exiting the sim after a successful flight.

The first two showed faulting module as being uiautomationcore.dll. A further check shows an error code of 0000005 which could be a RAM related fault. Sim possibly tried to write to a memory address that was not available. 
For now I have tried upping the page file to 32GB from default of 14GB (I have 16GB RAM) and switched off online and AI traffic. Have not yet done testing of these settings though, interest has been lacking since all the Update 7 issues. There is zero pleasure in being 45 minutes into a flight and being unceremoniously dumped back to the Steam home page. I’d rather not do this if that is the case. ;-(

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Yeah mine were mainly Europe, and usually occured either on descent or approach.

Just had my first CTD ever, I tried the same flight again but switched from AI to Live Traffic and then it went without problem.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Since my OP I have upped the pagefile a bit more because running on 16GB I sometimes run dangerously close to the wire.  I've had 1 CTD since but nothing after that, in fact I'm currently flying the USA tour and managed to get past Manhattan without a CTD, last 2 flights it crashed near the city.  I've also just updated to latest NVIDIA graphics card.  I'm running an 8GB 1070.

Thomas Derbyshire