Sign in to follow this  
pilotjohn

How to... remove overridden airports, and remove italics?

I see both the base and add-on airports, with the base airports shows as strikethrough. How can I remove these?

Also, add-on airports are show in italics text. Is there anyway to change this?

8 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

I see both the base and add-on airports, with the base airports shows as strikethrough. How can I remove these?

You cannot remove the strikethrough. These are closed airports. The runways should carry a big X in the simulator if all is correct.

8 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

Also, add-on airports are show in italics text. Is there anyway to change this?

Exclude the airports from add-on recognition in options on page "Scenery Library Database". Add the path to the lower list.

Alex

On 11/26/2020 at 5:41 AM, albar965 said:

You cannot remove the strikethrough. These are closed airports. The runways should carry a big X in the simulator if all is correct.

So this seems to happen then when the base airport is "closed" but the add-on is "open"? 

Exclude the airports from add-on recognition in options on page "Scenery Library Database". Add the path to the lower list.

I would like them to be shown as different (e.g. the yellow circle), as this is a great feature, but would prefer the text formatting to be the same as other airports (as the yellow callout is enough to differentiate).

Alex

7 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

So this seems to happen then when the base airport is "closed" but the add-on is "open"? 

Airport is marked close if all runways are closed or it has the MSFS closed flag. You have an example and a link to the add-on?

7 hours ago, pilotjohn said:

I would like them to be shown as different (e.g. the yellow circle), as this is a great feature, but would prefer the text formatting to be the same as other airports (as the yellow callout is enough to differentiate).

Sorry, this cannot be changed.

Alex

1 hour ago, pilotjohn said:

YBF is the addon from https://flightsim.to/file/1665/bamfield-aerodrome-yfb which shows up next CYUC which is strikethrough.

This is two different airports overlaying:

Bamfield Airstrip (CYUC)

and

Bamfield Aerodrome (YBF) 

The latter one is the add-on and uses a wrong ICAO ident as far as I can see. YBF is an IATA code and according to Wikipedia there is only a Bamfield Water Aerodrome.

No idea how to fix this. FSX, P3D and MSFS do not allow to erase or rename airport idents exept by creating empty dummy airports.

Alex