Sign in to follow this  
vdae

-40% on FSDT products at Simmarket

On 12/6/2020 at 8:00 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I purchased Louisville as I wanted an airport between the East coast and Chicago. Only a tenner so a bargain. Didn’t realise until I loaded it that it’s a UPS hub but at least there are a few pax gates.

Was rather less impressed that the installer decided to check all my FSDT airports and GSX and then updated the lot. I wish it wouldn’t do that or at least give me the option. I don’t feel I have control of my system. It then rechecked all my registrations and made backups of my reg files which I already had.

I’ve been holding back from updating GSX as I’ve had problems with P3D v3.4 and CTDs at certain positions which was only resolved by uninstalling GSX and reinstalling. Fingers crossed they don’t reoccur.

Running the latest GSX here with P3Dv3.4.22.19868 and no issues.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

I have most of them now only buying made for V5 airports, not interested in large airports for MSFS.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, udidwht said:

Running the latest GSX here with P3Dv3.4.22.19868 and no issues.

Perhaps because you had installed updates when prompted. I hadn't. Perhaps that's why it went through the whole process when I installed Louisville.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 12/6/2020 at 8:47 PM, Aharon said:

I tried FSDT KMEM and klax that I bought from last year. NOTHING WORKS.

I have 12 years of experience of installing FSX sceneries from all payware companies such as Aerosoft, FlyTampa, etc etc BUT nothing from FSDT sceneries work in FSX. It keeps telling me that Norton Anti Virus is blocking it even though I followed their instructions to add FSDT Add-on Manager to exclusion list.

Spent 1 or 2 hours trying to get it working.  Gave up

I can understand your frustration as I have been in the same situation a number of times over the years where all my FSDT scenery stops working for one reason or another and I too often felt like giving up on it. However on each occasion, often after a frustrating hour or two, I managed to get them up and running again, which was a relief as I have bought all their available airports for FSX.

I last had a problem like this about 6 months ago and resolved it, if I remember correctly, by uninstalling all the FSDT airports and reinstalling them. However the key was to also uninstall any old versions of addon manager on your system and then use the latest installer to reinstall the scenery. The reason I had the problem was that I still had an old version of the addon manager installed. If you follow the advice from Umberto on the following thread in the FSDT support forum you should get it working: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=20958.0

Hopefully this will help you to get this great scenery back!

Bill

Edited by scianoir

15 hours ago, scianoir said:

I last had a problem like this about 6 months ago and resolved it, if I remember correctly, by uninstalling all the FSDT airports and reinstalling them. However the key was to also uninstall any old versions of addon manager on your system and then use the latest installer to reinstall the scenery. The reason I had the problem was that I still had an old version of the addon manager installed.

@scianoirThanks for your kind suggestions but the problem is that I was installing my very first FSDT scenery for first time into my system therefore there was no old version of add on manager or whatever FSDT had in my system. It was first time installation.  

Also, if I am paying $$$$, the scenery installation process should be painless and easy like my airport scenery purchases past 12 years from all other famous software companies such as Aerosoft, Flightbeam, UK2000, Blueprint, Orbx, Tropical Sims, etc etc.

Regards,

Aharon

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon

signCopy.jpg

OK, one last thing you might like to try to see if you can get them running - I notice that you mentioned that you bought KLAX and KMEM last year so it might be worth redownloading them to get the latest installer and try again with that. But, again, make sure you have uninstalled everything from any previous FSDT installation attempt before you install any new versions.

Bill

Thanks, @scianoir

I think it has something to do with Norton anti virus protection.  FSDT should have included step by step instructions in the installation notes or on the sticky post in the FSDT forums on how to get the Norton product accept and allow FSDT products.  I do not see such instructions.

Or my pc simply does not like FSDT products or FSX does not like FSDT products..........

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

3 hours ago, Aharon said:

Thanks, @scianoir

I think it has something to do with Norton anti virus protection.  FSDT should have included step by step instructions in the installation notes or on the sticky post in the FSDT forums on how to get the Norton product accept and allow FSDT products.  I do not see such instructions.

Or my pc simply does not like FSDT products or FSX does not like FSDT products..........

Regards,

Aharon

All you need to do is to right click the Norton icon in your task bar and then click on "Disable Auto-Protect". Works for me every time.

Happy Holidays!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Totally agree about Norton.  I finally learned after a few years to just disable Norton's.  Norton can be a problem with other software as well.  I usually disable antivirus and firewall.  Usually will set time limit for disable. 

• Upvote 1

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

That is NOT going to solve the problem because you cannot disable Norton EVERY time you fly into or out of any FSDT scenery hence my suggestion that FSDT should include specific step by step instructions how to program and set Norton to accept any FSDT products.

signCopy.jpg

Nowhere we ever suggested to "disable" the antivirus. Countless of times on our forum, when somebody asked, we ALWAYS said to:

- Add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS, no need to disable it.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again, to be sure the files mistakenly blocked by the bugged antivirus that cannot recognize the specific industry standard digital signature we put in all our executables to prevent false positives will hopefully not blocked again, which shouldn't happen if you add the folder to the A/V exclusions and the A/V is not so bugged to not respect its own Exclusions.

In general, when something doesn't work, it's almost invariably the antivirus. And no, it's not an "FSDT problem": for a short while, Windows Defender was blocking MSFS 2020, causing a CTD at start. This was of course fixed by Microsoft quickly, but it happened.

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1

I have norton and had done what virtuali suggested above.  No issues for me.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next