Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Does Just Flight DC-10 work on Prepar3D v5?

5 hours ago, Mace said:

One other note, the "LNAV" button which has been placed in the AP area with this mod, doesn't seem to work for me.  I had to resort to using my existing LNAV popup.  It's possible the LNAV button calls the lua script but I don't know for sure.  If it does, I think the script is loaded, but don't know how to determine this, other than its presence inside the FSUIPC6.ini file.

There's some changes to the config files for each of the aircraft from what you originally started with @Mace, and one config item in particular drives the LNAV w/ version 189+ of the ISG gauges.  Make sure you .cfg files for all the DC-10 aircraft variants contains these lines (which are included in the updated configs linked in the doc):

synchfplanwithfsgps=1
SequenceFPlanWpts=1

This will sync the flight plan in the ISG Smiths FMC to a GPS route behind-the-scenes.  When LNAV on the MCP panel is pushed in the VC, it will actually fly GPS nav.  In the DC-10 this improves three things:  First, it will illuminate the AP mode annunciators correctly.  Second it will allow the Flight Director queues on the ADI.  Last, it supports much improved course intercepts than the constantly adjusting heading mode and does a much better job maintaining course at altitude with winds.

---

On another note, I figured out how to adapt the panel states to the passenger and freighter models so the states (mostly differences in doors) are correct based on the type you select.  There's a bug w/ the JF DC-10 maintaining the exit states in P3D with the actual door states of the aircraft, and this causes the door annunciators on the Flight Engineer panel to be incorrect.  I'm adapting the panel state script to detect when they are out-of-sync and set the P3D exit states correctly.  As soon as I get that fixed I'll update the Lua files with a few other small updates.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 3:49 AM, MammyJammy said:

There's some changes to the config files for each of the aircraft from what you originally started with @Mace, and one config item in particular drives the LNAV w/ version 189+ of the ISG gauges.  Make sure you .cfg files for all the DC-10 aircraft variants contains these lines (which are included in the updated configs linked in the doc):

synchfplanwithfsgps=1
SequenceFPlanWpts=1

This will sync the flight plan in the ISG Smiths FMC to a GPS route behind-the-scenes.  When LNAV on the MCP panel is pushed in the VC, it will actually fly GPS nav.  In the DC-10 this improves three things:  First, it will illuminate the AP mode annunciators correctly.  Second it will allow the Flight Director queues on the ADI.  Last, it supports much improved course intercepts than the constantly adjusting heading mode and does a much better job maintaining course at altitude with winds.

---

On another note, I figured out how to adapt the panel states to the passenger and freighter models so the states (mostly differences in doors) are correct based on the type you select.  There's a bug w/ the JF DC-10 maintaining the exit states in P3D with the actual door states of the aircraft, and this causes the door annunciators on the Flight Engineer panel to be incorrect.  I'm adapting the panel state script to detect when they are out-of-sync and set the P3D exit states correctly.  As soon as I get that fixed I'll update the Lua files with a few other small updates.

Would it be possible for it to save the fuel and cargo/pax load too?

It's saves everything else but always starts with max load.

Richard Smith

Colleagues,

I cant express how thankfull I am for the effort you put into making JF DC-10 HD working in x64 sim properly and in generall upgrading this addon. I just applied all the changes from the Manual you made and finally i have click sounds working. Thank you. I also replaced HSI with proposed ND. On Saturday I will make a test flight although I mainly fly with dual CIVA INS setup.

Now, with regards to the JF Dc-10 HD performance with SGA flight model. It is extremly accurate with just replacing the .air file although you also need to update flaps entries in .cgf file. Later on I will provide proper entries. 

The climb performance in last phase of climb in a heavy weight is indeed very slow. And this is correct. This is how -30 handle that in real life. Above 28k FL you should not climb more than 300 f/m if you dont want to push your throttles above N1 limits of your engines. This is why finding Optimum Alt for initial FL and then steep climbing was standard operating procedure in long-range flight. You wait untill you are 2000 below Optimum Alt and then climb 2000 above it. I fly JF Dc-10-30/ SGA by the numbers (by the RW performance charts) and all data is within small marging of RW data. The only discrpepancy I have is power settings in cruise flight for Mach .82 (which is standard mach speed for Dc-10). Its bit too high but I dont know how to fix it without breaking performance in other place. I guess I need to live with it.

Some additional "mods" you might be interesting in: FSLSpotlight profile for Dc-10 (works with each variant). It is based on thorough review of multiple night shots of Ten's cockpit as well as in-flight movies. You can use 3 front panel lighting effects: orange, blue, mix of these two. It coveres almost all the lighting scenarios you can find on the web.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2NZZPQZrXFpjvJFG6

Last but not least, if anyone have qestions with regards to operating Dc-10-30 from block to block I am happy to share my experiance.

Regards,

KrisJ

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 5:38 PM, MammyJammy said:

Hmm.  If you open the add-on.xml for FSUIPC, what does it say is the path to the DLL?  It is the <path> element inside the <addon.component> that points to FSUIPC.DLL.  Whatever folder is listed on the path, try putting the Lua files in the same directory.

Just double-checking:  You did add the [auto] section to your FSUIPC.ini file as described in the doc?

Also, if you open the FSUIPC6.log file, there will be a line near the top that reads something like "Reading options from "D:\p3dv5\Modules\FSUIPC6.ini".  This is the config file that should contain the [auto] section and where the .Lua files should reside.

As for the Ctrl-Shift-F12, I can change that easily.  Any requests for non-conflicting key combo?

Finally I was able to make the Panel states and sounds working. The problem was that FSUIPC was installed in another "My Documents" folder and not the one that I had created when I first installed Win 10. I uninstalled FSUIPC and re-installed to the correct location and now everything is working fine.

I also changed the GSX "Your control" assigment to CTRL-SHFT-TAB-F12 and now have CTRL-SHFT-F12 working for my panel states.

Thank you @MammyJammy for the help and for all you have done for the DC-10.

Now I have to figure out how to do a manual engine start and not use Control-E.

1 hour ago, Samaritano said:

Now I have to figure out how to do a manual engine start and not use Control-E.

JF Dc-10 will probably let you do it by putting Ignition to Start, pulling the Starters and turning on fuel levers. But here is the proper way (very, very simplified proper way...) :

1. Batt ON, APU Fuel Pump or Central Tank Left Aft Pump ON, APU START;

2. Left Hyd Pumps OFF, Right Hyd Pumps AUTO, Pneumatic Supply switches OFF, Packs OFF, APU/ ISOL Valve OPEN;

3. Beacon ON, Ignition START A or B, Eng sequence 3-1-2, pull starter, Fuel ON at maximum motoring.

If you are below 500K TOW you can delay Eng 2 start until 3 min to Take Off.

Hi everyone

I just finished installation according to the guide and everything went well, except for one issue - I can't get the panel states menu to work. When I press Ctrl+F12 nothing happens (and I've already changed the GSX assignments so no conflicts). I'm not sure I understood correctly the steps on page 37, so might be related:

Download the updated panel state configuration for the DC-10. (...) Once downloaded, copy into the Gauges sub-folder of your JustFlight DC-10 HD installation. The default configuration in this file is ready to taxi, but will be updated when you choose a new panel state from the pop-up menu.

Where exactly can I find this panel state configuration file? If it's missing maybe that is why I can't access the panel states menu? I've searched the customization package ZIP file and can't seem to find it. Can somebody please help with this?

Thanks and regards

EDIT: Panel sounds are working 100%, so I guess it's not an FSUIPC issue.

Edited by GentleGroove

LPMA

3 hours ago, GentleGroove said:

I can't get the panel states menu to work. When I press Ctrl+F12 nothing happens (and I've already changed the GSX assignments so no conflicts). I'm not sure I understood correctly the steps on page 37, so might be related:

Three things drive the panel states:

1. You must update the configuration gauge to D. Dawson's x64 configuration gauge.  The one that ships with the JF DC-10 doesn't work on x64.  The steps for this start on page 35.  Make sure you rename the gauge as described on pg. 36 file so you don't need to update the panel.cfg files to reference a different gauge.
  2. The download file you need is the DC10SndInter.zip\JustFlight DC-10 Install Folder\Gauges\dc10cls_config.ini in the DC10SndInter.zip file.  Copy that file into the Gauges folder of your DC-10 installation.  This is describe on page 37 that you reference and I noticed the link is missing and I'll fix that.  Use the link to the DC10SndInter.zip in the Downloads section at the top of the document.
  3. The DC10PnlState.lua file must exist in the same directory as the DC10SndInter.lua file and your [Auto] section within your FSUIP6.ini file must reference these files (there's a third if you want to use the ISG gauges and LNAV).  Page 21 describes setting up FSUIPC correctly.
  4. The key combo which is currently set to Ctrl-Shift-F12 in the script.  Make sure you use both modifier keys.

If the panel states still don't work, copy/paste any Lua errors from your FSUIPC6.log file and I can take a look.

I should also mention that when the aircraft loads and initializes, the menu should pop up without using the keys.  If it doesn't, either step one, two, or three in the list above is incorrect.

Edited by MammyJammy

15 hours ago, KrisJ said:

Colleagues,

I cant express how thankfull I am for the effort you put into making JF DC-10 HD working in x64 sim properly and in generall upgrading this addon.

Now, with regards to the JF Dc-10 HD performance with SGA flight model. It is extremly accurate with just replacing the .air file although you also need to update flaps entries in .cgf file. Later on I will provide proper entries. 

Last but not least, if anyone have qestions with regards to operating Dc-10-30 from block to block I am happy to share my experiance.

Regards,

KrisJ

Thanks @KrisJ!  You are credited with the fuel tank mods in the doc and happy to include the flap config edits as well.  Post 'em here and I will include them in an updated version of the document.

As to operating the DC-10-30, did you ride up front in the driver's seat?  I've been on more three-holer flights than I can count, including one of the last batch of NWA flights to/from MSP - HNL.  One of my flights was the retirement flight for the captain and I had a chance to chat with him a bit.  It was fun to see the flight deck as well - Man those windows are monster compared to a 737, A330, or 777...The other 'decks I've been on.  The other thing I'll remember about the DC-10 is the dutch roll you would feel sitting in the back.

7 hours ago, KrisJ said:

JF Dc-10 will probably let you do it by putting Ignition to Start, pulling the Starters and turning on fuel levers. But here is the proper way (very, very simplified proper way...) :

1. Batt ON, APU Fuel Pump or Central Tank Left Aft Pump ON, APU START;

2. Left Hyd Pumps OFF, Right Hyd Pumps AUTO, Pneumatic Supply switches OFF, Packs OFF, APU/ ISOL Valve OPEN;

3. Beacon ON, Ignition START A or B, Eng sequence 3-1-2, pull starter, Fuel ON at maximum motoring.

If you are below 500K TOW you can delay Eng 2 start until 3 min to Take Off.

The beauty of the Lua structure I've developed for the DC-10 is that I can intercept most calls or adjust the aircraft variables and states to react only when specific conditions exist.  I can set it up so the engine starters will only spool if the APU, bleed, and isolation valves are configured correctly.  It would render portions of the JF DC-10 tutorial flight docs irrelevant, but would provide for a much "truer" experience.  What's the interest level in a higher-fidelity version to allow things like engine start only when configured correctly?  Are there other inter-connects or other conditions with systems that are similar?  I just need requirements on the preconditions necessary.  A full checklist would be ideal.  Any details y'all have I can see what I can do with them in the Lua files.  Lemme know.  I can add it to my list after I get the door states issue and passenger/freighter variant adaptations fixed.

On 2/7/2021 at 9:49 PM, MammyJammy said:

There's some changes to the config files for each of the aircraft from what you originally started with @Mace, and one config item in particular drives the LNAV w/ version 189+ of the ISG gauges. 

Oh yes -- that's exactly what I was doing -- I forgot that I was testing with my old config file, rather than the new one with the extra lines.

On 2/10/2021 at 3:59 AM, KrisJ said:

Regards,

KrisJ

Glad to see that you found this thread!  For those who don't know, KrisJ was one of the movers n shakers in the old DC-10 threads at JustFlight.  We have a lot of knowledge in this thread, both of the sim version and real-world ops.

Is there a place to find the FSLSpotlights profile for the DC-10?  Maybe it's here at AVSIM, in the file library, but I haven't checked.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

19 hours ago, MammyJammy said:

Three things drive the panel states:

1. You must update the configuration gauge to D. Dawson's x64 configuration gauge.  The one that ships with the JF DC-10 doesn't work on x64.  The steps for this start on page 35.  Make sure you rename the gauge as described on pg. 36 file so you don't need to update the panel.cfg files to reference a different gauge.
  2. The download file you need is the DC10SndInter.zip\JustFlight DC-10 Install Folder\Gauges\dc10cls_config.ini in the DC10SndInter.zip file.  Copy that file into the Gauges folder of your DC-10 installation.  This is describe on page 37 that you reference and I noticed the link is missing and I'll fix that.  Use the link to the DC10SndInter.zip in the Downloads section at the top of the document.
  3. The DC10PnlState.lua file must exist in the same directory as the DC10SndInter.lua file and your [Auto] section within your FSUIP6.ini file must reference these files (there's a third if you want to use the ISG gauges and LNAV).  Page 21 describes setting up FSUIPC correctly.
  4. The key combo which is currently set to Ctrl-Shift-F12 in the script.  Make sure you use both modifier keys.

If the panel states still don't work, copy/paste any Lua errors from your FSUIPC6.log file and I can take a look.

I should also mention that when the aircraft loads and initializes, the menu should pop up without using the keys.  If it doesn't, either step one, two, or three in the list above is incorrect.

Hi

I just redid all the steps and the problem remains. As suggested below is my log file. There does seem to be an error message regarding DC10PnlState.lua: 

********* FSUIPC5, Version 5.151 (21st February 2019) by Pete Dowson *********
Running inside Prepar3D v4
Module base=7FFC82860000
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit reported as Build 19041, Release ID: 2004 (OS 10.0)
Prepar3D.exe version = 4.5.13.32097
Reading options from "E:\Jogos\Prepar3d V4\Modules\FSUIPC5.ini"
Checking the Registrations now ...
User Name=**************
User Addr=**************
FSUIPC5 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
       16 System time = 11/02/2021 17:26:57
       32 FLT UNC path = "\\DESKTOP-G6U1FAC\Users\Predador\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\"
       32 Using DialogMode
       47 FS UNC path = "\\DESKTOP-G6U1FAC\Prepar3d V4\"
      125 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------
      157 Product= Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant
      172    Manufacturer= Saitek
      172    Vendor=06A3, Product=0C2D (Version 2.2)
      188    GUIDs returned for product: VID_06A3&PID_0C2D:
      188       GUID= {5BEDB770-0247-11E9-8003-444553540000}
      188       Details: Btns=9, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R0,U0,V0,X255,Y255,Z255
      204 Product= Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
      204    Manufacturer= Saitek
      204    Vendor=06A3, Product=0763 (Version 1.0)
      204    GUIDs returned for product: VID_06A3&PID_0763:
      204       GUID= {41660790-0247-11E9-8002-444553540000}
      204       Details: Btns=0, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R511,U0,V0,X127,Y127,Z0
      204 Product= T.16000M
      219    Manufacturer= Thrustmaster
      219    Vendor=044F, Product=B10A (Version 5.0)
      219    GUIDs returned for product: VID_044F&PID_B10A:
      219       GUID= {C328EA60-FDE8-11EA-8001-444553540000}
      219       Details: Btns=16, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R255,U0,V0,X16383,Y16383,Z255
      219 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      235 Device acquired for use:
      235    Joystick ID = 2 (Registry okay)
      235    2=Flight Throttle Quadrant
      235    2.GUID={5BEDB770-0247-11E9-8003-444553540000}
      235    Joystick ID = 1 (Registry okay)
      235    1=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
      235    1.GUID={41660790-0247-11E9-8002-444553540000}
      235    Joystick ID = 0 (Registry okay)
      235    0=T.16000M Joystick
      235    0.GUID={C328EA60-FDE8-11EA-8001-444553540000}
      235 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      250 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      250 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      250 ### Traffic limited by user parameter to 25 aircraft
      250 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      250 Opened separate AI Traffic client okay
      250 ### PDKmodeHelper callback registered
    54610 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4", Version: 4.5.13.32097 (SimConnect: 4.5.0.0)
    54610 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
    54610 FSUIPC Menu entry added
    54610 ... Using Prepar3D with Academic License
    54672 \\DESKTOP-G6U1FAC\Users\Predador\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D_Default.fxml
    54672 \\DESKTOP-G6U1FAC\Prepar3d V4\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS Raptor Driver\Raptor.air
   107125 E:\Jogos\JustFlight_DC10\SimObjects\Airplanes\CLS_DX_DC10-30\sga1030.air
   107188 ### The user object is 'Commercial Level Simulations - DC-10-30 Ghana'
   107188 ### Mode is NORMAL
   109563 ### Mode: PAUSE on
   209922 Loading Complete ...
   210500 ### Mode is NORMAL
   212157 Aircraft loaded: running normally now ...
   212172 User Aircraft ID 2 supplied, now being used
   213000 System time = 11/02/2021 17:30:30, Simulator time = 14:00:03 (19:00Z)
   213016 Aircraft="Commercial Level Simulations - DC-10-30 Ghana"
   219016 -------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------
   219016 Starting WideServer now ...
   219016 ASN active function link set
   219016 Ready for ActiveSky WX radar with additional data
   219250 *** LUA Error: E:\Jogos\Prepar3d V4\Modules\DC10PnlState.lua:264: attempt to call field '?' (a nil value)
   220454 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
   227188 === Closing session: waiting for DLLStop to be called ...
   241329 === DLLStop called ...
   241329 === Closing external processes we started ...
   242329 === About to kill any Lua plug-ins still running ...
   242485 Lua threads being terminated:
   242485       0 = "E:\Jogos\Prepar3d V4\Modules\DC10SndInter.lua"
   242641 LUA: "E:\Jogos\Prepar3d V4\Modules\DC10SndInter.lua": killed
   242641       1 = "E:\Jogos\Prepar3d V4\Modules\DC10LNav.lua"
   242797 LUA: "E:\Jogos\Prepar3d V4\Modules\DC10LNav.lua": killed
   242797 === Closing global Lua thread
   243813 === About to kill my timers ...
   244016 === Restoring window procs ...
   244016 === Unloading libraries ...
   244016 === stopping other threads ...
   244016 === ... Button scanning ...
   244110 === ... Axis scanning ...
   244219 === Releasing joystick devices ...
   244219 === Freeing macro memory
   244219 === Removing any offset overrides
   244219 === Closing all WideFS threads
   245563 === Clearing any displays left
   245563 === NOTE: not calling SimConnect_Close ...
   245563 === AI slots deleted!
   245563 === Freeing button memory ...
   245563 === Deleting wxstationlist.bin file ...
   245563 === Closing my Windows ...
   245563 === Freeing FS libraries ...
   246563 === Closing devices ...
   246563 === Closing the Log ... Bye Bye! ...
   246563 System time = 11/02/2021 17:31:03, Simulator time = 14:00:15 (19:00Z)
   246563 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 28.5 fps, Maximum was 32.8 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 13 secs = 30.5 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 0 aircraft
Traffic deletions 0 aircraft
Memory managed: 11 Allocs, 10 Freed

Cheers

LPMA

@GentleGroove Does line 264 of the E:\Jogos\Prepar3d V4\Modules\\DC10PnlState.lua file on your PC read as:

event.MenuSelect("setPanelStateFromSelection")

If you have not, download a fresh version of the DC10SndInter.zip file and extract that file to the path above, over-writing the one you have there now.  I've made a few small revisions over the past several weeks (the last update in the doc is current) - See if that works.

I also noticed you are using this with P3Dv4.  I haven't tested it with v4 - Has anyone else here done so?

Over the weekend I will try to get an updated set of Lua files and manual for some of the changes on the last few pages of this thread.  The panel state changes will be primarily to clean up the door states and pass/freighter quirks.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, KrisJ said:

Please let me know if you can download from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v2ApE1IdUktqn664pOT7yBzXZiD9arvR/view?usp=sharing

I am happy for the file to be included in the Manual.

I was able to download the file from there.

I haven't used FSLSpotlights in v5, but I assume it works.  I used it in v4 quite a bit.

Rhett

Just a recommendation guys, I strongly recommend the TSS dc10 sound pack, vast improvement.

Richard Smith

15 hours ago, R Smith said:

Just a recommendation guys, I strongly recommend the TSS dc10 sound pack, vast improvement.

Yes - I use the TSS DC10 sounds...very nice.  

Another thing I use with the DC-10 is FS2Crew's RAAS Professional.  This would be for simulating MD-10 or late-era DC-10 operations I assume.

Rhett