Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Does Just Flight DC-10 work on Prepar3D v5?

Oh how I WISH this plane was out for P3dV5. I would buy it in a second!!

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

1 hour ago, Daytona125 said:

Oh how I WISH this plane was out for P3dV5. I would buy it in a second!!

Have you read the guide? It does work in v5.

• Like 1

Richard Smith

On 2/11/2021 at 9:59 PM, MammyJammy said:

@GentleGroove Does line 264 of the E:\Jogos\Prepar3d V4\Modules\\DC10PnlState.lua file on your PC read as:

event.MenuSelect("setPanelStateFromSelection")

If you have not, download a fresh version of the DC10SndInter.zip file and extract that file to the path above, over-writing the one you have there now.  I've made a few small revisions over the past several weeks (the last update in the doc is current) - See if that works.

I also noticed you are using this with P3Dv4.  I haven't tested it with v4 - Has anyone else here done so?

Over the weekend I will try to get an updated set of Lua files and manual for some of the changes on the last few pages of this thread.  The panel state changes will be primarily to clean up the door states and pass/freighter quirks.

Hi @MammyJammy

I went through these steps but the problem still remained. I ended up upgrading to FSUIPC6 (stupid me hadn't noticed I could get it for 12 euros since I owned the previous version 🤪).

With FSUIPC6 now panel states and everything else is working fine on P3D4.5.

Thanks for your help and patience and looking forward to fly this bird!

Cheers

LPMA

On 2/13/2021 at 11:07 AM, R Smith said:

Have you read the guide? It does work in v5.

Thanks R Smith. will do some reading and if it is within my technical scope I may attempt it. Wish me luck lol.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

6 hours ago, BelgianTiger_2 said:

Hi gents,

How does one change the key binding for the panelstates?Cause this is now interfering with my GSX/FSLabs config.

Brgds,

Steven

I just change the "Your Control" GSX assigment from CTRL-SHFT-F12 to CTRL-SHFT-TAB-F12 in the GSX menu. Now I can use GSX with CTRL-F12 and the DC10 panel states with CTRL-SHFT-F12.

On 2/10/2021 at 1:53 PM, KrisJ said:

JF Dc-10 will probably let you do it by putting Ignition to Start, pulling the Starters and turning on fuel levers. But here is the proper way (very, very simplified proper way...) :

1. Batt ON, APU Fuel Pump or Central Tank Left Aft Pump ON, APU START;

2. Left Hyd Pumps OFF, Right Hyd Pumps AUTO, Pneumatic Supply switches OFF, Packs OFF, APU/ ISOL Valve OPEN;

3. Beacon ON, Ignition START A or B, Eng sequence 3-1-2, pull starter, Fuel ON at maximum motoring.

If you are below 500K TOW you can delay Eng 2 start until 3 min to Take Off.

Thank you Kris for this but unfortunately it does not work for me. I get the engine up to max motor but when I turn on the fuel control switch it does nothing.

Back to Control -E 😞

2 minutes ago, Samaritano said:

Thank you Kris for this but unfortunately it does not work for me. I get the engine up to max motor but when I turn on the fuel control switch it does nothing.

Back to Control -E 😞

You don't need Control-E.   

Even though the start routine we have to use at present time isn't as good as what Kris posted, assuming you're on APU or Ground Power -- you still do it this way:

1. All three fuel levers off (down)
2. Ignition CONT A (Continuous Ignition A) -- located on the overhead panel
3.  Pull #3 engine starter -- also located on overhead panel
4.  Wait for Engine#3 N2 to reach approx 20% -- then turn on Engine#3 fuel lever.
5.  Repeat for engine #1 then #2 last.
6.  turn off continuous ignition

The above isn't really accurate to real world but it's an approximation that does work with the aircraft as it currently stands, and is at least a bit more realistic than Control+E.

Some of my old notes say start sequence is 2-3-1, but I think Kris's 3-1-2 is more typical...in some cases #2 (the tail engine) wasn't started until on the taxiway to save fuel.  Also you could probably use Start A or B but I think I've been using Continuous A.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, Mace said:

You don't need Control-E.   

Even though the start routine we have to use at present time isn't as good as what Kris posted, assuming you're on APU or Ground Power -- you still do it this way:

1. All three fuel levers off (down)
2. Ignition CONT A (Continuous Ignition A) -- located on the overhead panel
3.  Pull #3 engine starter -- also located on overhead panel
4.  Wait for Engine#3 N2 to reach approx 20% -- then turn on Engine#3 fuel lever.
5.  Repeat for engine #1 then #2 last.
6.  turn off continuous ignition

Indeed there is something wrong with the moddeling that START A or B doesnt work on ground but it works in CONT A or B. There is a  "cheat" for this bug. Turn the selector left or right clicking until one position after CONT (like there was one but there is obviously not). Then return it to OFF and when you start your BEFORE START CHECKS put it back to START A or B. Enginees will fire up when you turn fuel ON at 20%.

In my starting sequence (checklist) few posts above i forgot one important thing in step 2: you need to turn all aft fuel pumps to ON.

3 hours ago, Mace said:

Some of my old notes say start sequence is 2-3-1, but I think Kris's 3-1-2 is more typical...in some cases #2 (the tail engine) wasn't started until on the taxiway to save fuel.  Also you could probably use Start A or B but I think I've been using Continuous A.

In DC-10 it is 3-2-1. In L1011 it is 2-1-3.

The other reason to delay no 2 was the jest blast. The engine is far back and it could damege vehicles on the appron. Moreover, in TOW below 500k two engines taxi gives you good power to speed "ratio". Basically 10% GW will give you approx 20kts taxi speed.

14 hours ago, KrisJ said:

In DC-10 it is 3-2-1. In L1011 it is 2-1-3.

I meant in DC-10 it is 3-1-2.

On 2/10/2021 at 9:59 AM, KrisJ said:

Colleagues,

I cant express how thankfull I am for the effort you put into making JF DC-10 HD working in x64 sim properly and in generall upgrading this addon. I just applied all the changes from the Manual you made and finally i have click sounds working. Thank you. I also replaced HSI with proposed ND. On Saturday I will make a test flight although I mainly fly with dual CIVA INS setup.

Now, with regards to the JF Dc-10 HD performance with SGA flight model. It is extremly accurate with just replacing the .air file although you also need to update flaps entries in .cgf file. Later on I will provide proper entries. 

(...)

Last but not least, if anyone have qestions with regards to operating Dc-10-30 from block to block I am happy to share my experiance.

Regards,

KrisJ

Hi @KrisJ are these flaps values changed to produce correct pitch attitude and drag on approach? If so, I would be interested in adding if you don't mind sharing them.

Also, do you have any info on proper V/S and speed schedules from take-off to TOC?

Cheers

LPMA

On 2/19/2021 at 11:44 PM, GentleGroove said:

Hi @KrisJ are these flaps values changed to produce correct pitch attitude and drag on approach? If so, I would be interested in adding if you don't mind sharing them.

Yes, as well as pitch on initial climb. I will also give you some additional aircraft.cgf data that makes SGA FDE working properly with CLS DC-10 HD. The most important improvement from "SGA mod" for me is a proper performance on takeoff, initial climb and approach. I can simulate any take off, whether it is takeoff power (limited) in MTOW or reduced (nominal) for lighter weights, so it gives me accelleration, rotation and pitch as per RW charts, as well as final decent profile and flare on landing.

[Flaps.0]
type=        1
span-outboard=    0.800
extending-time=    20.000
damaging-speed=    280
blowout-speed=    300
lift_scalar=    0.1
drag_scalar=    0.6
pitch_scalar=    0.3000
system_type=    1

flaps-position.0= 0.000
flaps-position.1= 0.000
flaps-position.2=15.000
flaps-position.3=22.000
flaps-position.4=35.000
flaps-position.5=50.000

[Flaps.1]
type=        2
span-outboard=    0.80
extending-time=    10.000
damaging-speed=    280
blowout-speed=    300
lift_scalar=    0.100
drag_scalar=    0.5
pitch_scalar=    0.20
system_type=    1

flaps-position.0= 0.000
flaps-position.1=15.000
flaps-position.2=15.000
flaps-position.3=15.000
flaps-position.4=35.000
flaps-position.5=35.000

[Flaps.2]
type=        2
span-outboard=    0.18
extending-time=    10.000
damaging-speed=    280
blowout-speed=    300
lift_scalar=    0.100
drag_scalar=    0.4
pitch_scalar=    0.10
system_type=    1

flaps-position.0= 0.000
flaps-position.1=15.000
flaps-position.2=15.000
flaps-position.3=15.000
flaps-position.4=25.4
flaps-position.5=25.4

[GeneralEngineData]
engine_type= 1
Engine.0=  13.000,-26.833, -8.700
Engine.1= -86.083,  0.000, 19.000
Engine.2=  13.000, 26.833, -8.700
min_throttle_limit=-0.299927
fuel_flow_scalar=0.77

[TurbineEngineData]
bypass_ratio= 4.24
//fuel_flow_gain= 0.0019
fuel_flow_gain= 0.0019
inlet_area= 60.13
rated_N2_rpm= 10761
static_thrust= 46300
afterburner_available= 0
reverser_available= 1

On 2/19/2021 at 11:44 PM, GentleGroove said:

Also, do you have any info on proper V/S and speed schedules from take-off to TOC?

Cheers

Yes, I have. The question is how detailed answer you need. The calculation of proper V/S is a process and it as a function of TAT, PA (pressure altitude) and weight. You need PA and TAT to always be in N1 regime for maximum climb thrust. And you need your acctual weight and temp deviation to caluclate your V/S. Both calculations I make for each 5000 ft segment of climb. This is quite hard and you should calculate (predict) as much as you can before flight as you will be busy making these continual calculations during your climb.

Your V sppeds and flaps/slats retraction shcedule you need to take from RW chart, which is available in the web.

Next, the speed schedule is: 250 kias or minimum maneuvering (whichever is higher) to 10k and then 330 kias to 27,402 ft and then 0,82 mach. And remember about your max climb N1. As discussed earlier, in heavy weights at high alt (2-3k before optimum alt) you will need to set your V/S to 300 ft/min to keep 330/.82 plan. Now to make things simply: at MTOW or above ~540k LBS you will more or less climb as follows:

2500 ft/min at maneuvering speed till 10k, then accelerate to 330 kias.

2500-2000 to 15k

2000-1500 to 20k

1500-1000 to 25k

1000-500 to 27k

500-300 anything above.

If you however need more detailed data, PM me and I will send you some.

Hi all, just started to get a problem with my DC10.

For some reason when i try to set fuel amount it immediately set it to full again, unlimited fuel setting is off in settings.

I can set cargo and pax just fine but fuel always resets to full.

Anybody else had this problem or knows whats causing it, not flown my DC10 for some weeks but now its doing this.

Thanks.

Richard Smith

OK never mind sorted now, turns out N705 and N703 parking at lvfr kmia automatically fills your tanks.

Richard Smith

5 hours ago, R Smith said:

OK never mind sorted now, turns out N705 and N703 parking at lvfr kmia automatically fills your tanks.

I wonder if you can go into ADE and fix that.  Maybe there is a fuel square there.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB