Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Does Just Flight DC-10 work on Prepar3D v5?

Dear @MammyJammy I dropped this lady many years ago (I was disappointed), but this tread caught my attention and I found your mod. What a game changer. Now installed in P3Dv5 and with button clicks etc. Great job. THANKS. 

I took her out for a spin today. Everything seems fine. I only had one thing which is perhaps just on my flying skills. The plane is sliding from right to left during climb. Perhaps @KrisJ has an idea about what it can be that cause this. Can't recall to have meet this behavior before in my long time as a simmer.

@KrisJ thank you for the flap settings. Will try this later tonight.

Jan

Edited by Lerbech

17 hours ago, Lerbech said:

I took her out for a spin today. Everything seems fine. I only had one thing which is perhaps just on my flying skills. The plane is sliding from right to left during climb. Perhaps @KrisJ has an idea about what it can be that cause this. Can't recall to have meet this behavior before in my long time as a simmer.

Assuming there is no bug in the software the only thing that come to my mind is too low speed and/or too high AoA getting close to stick shaker speed. Make sure you always have enough speed above minimum to ensure safe climb. After TO it is V2+10 at around 10 degree nose up and then you accellerate to 250kts or slats retraction manouvering whichever is higher. If you give me your TOW I can provide you proper flaps/ slats retraction schedule so you can verify it.

If it happens in sppeds much above minimum maybe its an autopilot issue? Does it happen with AP in lateral navigation mode (HDG or LNAV/ GPS)?

Thanks @krisJ. I was thinking that it could be the yaw damper, but I can't see any deflection on the rudder from the outside view. I don't think it's a bug in the AP as this wasn't engaged. Can be I'm not inside the flight envelope - TOW could be the issue, but she climbed nicely. I'll recheck my parameters and give it another go.

Thank you for the input.

Jan

On 3/10/2021 at 1:36 PM, Lerbech said:

Thanks @krisJ. I was thinking that it could be the yaw damper, but I can't see any deflection on the rudder from the outside view. I don't think it's a bug in the AP as this wasn't engaged. Can be I'm not inside the flight envelope - TOW could be the issue, but she climbed nicely. I'll recheck my parameters and give it another go.

Thank you for the input.

Jan

Solved. It was my Ezdok settings causing this strange behaviour. Everything is now fine and I just made a great landing at CYYZ. Thanks @MammyJammy for bringing this plane back in the air. Your work really increased the "flight fun factor".

Jan

I need to change Ctrl+Shift+F12 assignment to something different as it interrupts with GSX when I fly FSLabs Airbus. Airbus is trying to call GSX using Ctrl+Shift+F12 assignment and instead it calls DC-10 panel configs... Any advice how can I change it to for example Ctrl+F12 assignment?

14 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

I need to change Ctrl+Shift+F12 assignment to something different as it interrupts with GSX when I fly FSLabs Airbus. Airbus is trying to call GSX using Ctrl+Shift+F12 assignment and instead it calls DC-10 panel configs... Any advice how can I change it to for example Ctrl+F12 assignment?

Go to P3D Add-On menu and under GSX you can change your key assigment. I use Ctrl+Shift+Tab+F12. Hope it helps.

41 minutes ago, Samaritano said:

Go to P3D Add-On menu and under GSX you can change your key assigment. I use Ctrl+Shift+Tab+F12. Hope it helps.

That wont help. Its GSX which must stay with Ctrl+Shift+F12 as other addons refer to this assignement when calling GSX - FSLabs for example. Thats why its DC10 panel congigs assignement which I need to change.

2 hours ago, KrisJ said:

The key combo for the panel states is in the Lua file that enables panel states for the DC-10.  Go to your FSUIPC Modules folder and open the file DC10PnlState.lua.  The last line in that file controls the key assignment for the panel states.  It should read:

event.key(123, 11, "displayPanelStatesMenu") -- Ctrl-Shift-F12

You can change it to whatever you want.  The first number, 123, is associated with the function key used.  You can set it to Ctrl-Shift-F10 by changing that number to 121.  Pages 19 and 20 of the FSUIPC for Advanced Users.pdf (in your FSUIPC docs folder) has the listing of key codes you can use.  The second number (11) determines the modifiers for the key combo.  In this case, 11 is Ctrl + Shift.

When I have time I will circle back on the annoying issue with the doors and the FE panel annunciators for them.  It's a royal pain and I haven't been super-motivated to deal with it.  I will also fold in the flap updates and a few other tweaks in the next batch of updates.

2 hours ago, KrisJ said:

That wont help. Its GSX which must stay with Ctrl+Shift+F12 as other addons refer to this assignement when calling GSX - FSLabs for example. Thats why its DC10 panel congigs assignement which I need to change.

For me it works. I have Ctrl + F12 for my GSX menu and Ctrl + Shft + Tab +F12 for "you control" and Ctrl + Shft + F12 for Panel States on the DC-10.

My KeyMapping.ini located on C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali shows the following.

[common]
youcontrol=Ctrl+F12
[GSX]
shortcut=Shift+Ctrl+Tab+F12

Edited by Samaritano

On 4/13/2021 at 7:34 PM, MammyJammy said:

The key combo for the panel states is in the Lua file that enables panel states for the DC-10.  Go to your FSUIPC Modules folder and open the file DC10PnlState.lua.  The last line in that file controls the key assignment for the panel states.  It should read:

event.key(123, 11, "displayPanelStatesMenu") -- Ctrl-Shift-F12

You can change it to whatever you want.  The first number, 123, is associated with the function key used.  You can set it to Ctrl-Shift-F10 by changing that number to 121.  Pages 19 and 20 of the FSUIPC for Advanced Users.pdf (in your FSUIPC docs folder) has the listing of key codes you can use.  The second number (11) determines the modifiers for the key combo.  In this case, 11 is Ctrl + Shift.

When I have time I will circle back on the annoying issue with the doors and the FE panel annunciators for them.  It's a royal pain and I haven't been super-motivated to deal with it.  I will also fold in the flap updates and a few other tweaks in the next batch of updates.

Thanks! Works fine now.

MammyJammy - If others have not said it I will again, thank you for your endeavours and hard work on this, it is truly appreciated.

I think you have done a remarkable job in dragging the CLS DC-10 into the modern sim environment. Your howto guide is comprehensive and once followed through you end up with a first rate sim experience with the DC10. I have surrendered a lot of my earlier mods for this one in preference to yours which really take this one to another level. I can also say that after countless hours of trying to mod the airfiles etc that the SGA folk had it nailed in the first place and it is the only way to get this one flying like a 10 should. The 10 is no longer a 'Lite' model but a high quality simulation experience. 

ZJeMloX.jpg

• Like 3

@MammyJammy - firstly thank you so much for your work on this aircraft and bringing it alive.

Today on finals I saw a number of messages appearing relating to the callout files and also when starting the APU. I wonder if you know what the issue might be with this?

For example:

"Error encountered
the wait operation timed out

Full Error Code 0x102
location 5
File c:\users\myname\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\JustflightDC-10\Guages\PanelSounds/dc10cls/APU_START.WAV"

I checked in that folder and the filename(s) it referenced are there.

Edited by jjf
Typo

On 5/9/2021 at 12:42 AM, jjf said:

File c:\users\myname\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\JustflightDC-10\Guages\PanelSounds/dc10cls/APU_START.WAV"

Are you sure the path is correct?  You have a typo in your path for the folder name "Gauges".

That error is generated from the sound gauge itself, not any of the Lua scripts to support the DC-10 mods.  The only time I have seen this error is when the path or file name is incorrect.

Yes the path is correct, the error is my typo. 

I started getting this error on my 2nd flight. The first was fine and I had no issues.

On 5/10/2021 at 2:23 PM, jjf said:

Yes the path is correct, the error is my typo. 

Post up a screenshot of the folder that contains your sounds (make sure it includes the FULL path to your sounds in the address bar) and your dc10cls_sound2.ini.

Also, are you running P3D as Administrator?  Not sure if it would matter for reading sounds from the DDawson gauge from your Documents folder, but it's recommended to run as admin anyways.