Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Does Just Flight DC-10 work on Prepar3D v5?

unknown.png

unknown.png Love all the fixes you did! this aircraft is making its life longer in the sims daily

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 12:54 AM, MammyJammy said:

Post up a screenshot of the folder that contains your sounds (make sure it includes the FULL path to your sounds in the address bar) and your dc10cls_sound2.ini.

Also, are you running P3D as Administrator?  Not sure if it would matter for reading sounds from the DDawson gauge from your Documents folder, but it's recommended to run as admin anyways.

I do run as admin.

The exact and full path to the sounds folder is: C:\Users\Jonathan\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\JustflightDC-10\Gauges\PanelSounds\dc10cls

The sound2.ini file is below:

[Config]
MaxSounds=50

[LVars]
LVar00=dc10cls_sound_id_seatbelt
LVar01=dc10cls_sound_id_smoking
LVar02=dc10cls_sound_id_buzz
LVar03=dc10cls_sound_id_tune
LVar04=dc10cls_sound_id_fuel_dump
LVar05=dc10cls_sound_id_alert
LVar06=dc10cls_sound_id_whoop_whoop
LVar07=dc10cls_sound_id_alarm_1
LVar08=dc10cls_sound_id_small_switch
LVar09=dc10cls_sound_id_large_switch
LVar10=dc10cls_sound_id_apu_start
LVar11=dc10cls_sound_id_apu_run
LVar12=dc10cls_sound_id_apu_stop
LVar13=dc10cls_sound_id_10
LVar14=dc10cls_sound_id_20
LVar15=dc10cls_sound_id_30
LVar17=dc10cls_sound_id_50
LVar18=dc10cls_sound_id_100
LVar19=dc10cls_sound_id_minimums
LVar20=dc10cls_sound_id_300
LVar21=dc10cls_sound_id_400
LVar22=dc10cls_sound_id_500
LVar23=dc10cls_sound_id_1000
LVar24=dc10cls_sound_id_2500
LVar25=dc10cls_sound_id_dont_sink
LVar26=dc10cls_sound_id_pull_up
LVar27=dc10cls_sound_id_sinkrate
LVar28=dc10cls_sound_id_to_low_flaps
LVar29=dc10cls_sound_id_to_low_gear
LVar30=dc10cls_sound_id_to_low_terr
LVar31=dc10cls_sound_id_windshear
LVar33=dc10cls_sound_id_light_rotary_switch
LVar34=dc10cls_sound_id_rotary_switch
LVar35=dc10cls_sound_id_alarm_1
LVar36=dc10cls_sound_id_flap_lever

[Sounds]
Sound00=PanelSounds/dc10cls/SEATBELTS.wav
Sound01=PanelSounds/dc10cls/SMOKING.wav
Sound02=PanelSounds/dc10cls/BUZZ.wav
Sound03=PanelSounds/dc10cls/TUNE.wav
Sound04=PanelSounds/dc10cls/FUEL_DUMP.wav
Sound05=PanelSounds/dc10cls/ALERT.wav
Sound06=PanelSounds/dc10cls/WHOOP_WHOOP.wav
Sound07=PanelSounds/dc10cls/ALARM_1.wav
Sound08=PanelSounds/dc10cls/SMALL_SWITCH.wav
Sound09=PanelSounds/dc10cls/LARGE_SWITCH.wav
Sound10=PanelSounds/dc10cls/APU_START.wav
Sound11=PanelSounds/dc10cls/APU_RUN.wav
Sound12=PanelSounds/dc10cls/APU_STOP.wav
Sound13=PanelSounds/dc10cls/Callouts/10FT.wav
Sound14=PanelSounds/dc10cls/Callouts/20FT.wav
Sound15=PanelSounds/dc10cls/Callouts/30FT.wav
Sound16=PanelSounds/dc10cls/Callouts/40FT.wav
Sound17=PanelSounds/dc10cls/Callouts/50FT.wav
Sound18=PanelSounds/dc10cls/Callouts/100FT.wav
Sound19=PanelSounds/dc10cls/Callouts/MIN.wav
Sound20=PanelSounds/dc10cls/Callouts/APPMIN.wav
Sound21=PanelSounds/dc10cls/Callouts/400FT.wav
Sound22=PanelSounds/dc10cls/Callouts/500FT.wav
Sound23=PanelSounds/dc10cls/Callouts/1000FT.wav
Sound24=PanelSounds/dc10cls/Callouts/2500FT.wav
Sound25=PanelSounds/dc10cls/DONT_SINK.wav
Sound26=PanelSounds/dc10cls/PULL_UP.wav
Sound27=PanelSounds/dc10cls/SINKRATE.wav
Sound28=PanelSounds/dc10cls/TO_LOW_FLAPS.wav
Sound29=PanelSounds/dc10cls/TO_LOW_GEAR.wav
Sound30=PanelSounds/dc10cls/TO_LOW_TERR.wav
Sound31=PanelSounds/dc10cls/WINDSHEAR.wav
Sound32=PanelSounds/dc10cls/nosound.wav
Sound33=PanelSounds/dc10cls/LIGHT_ROTARY SWITCH.wav
Sound34=PanelSounds/dc10cls/ROTARY_SWITCH.wav
Sound35=PanelSounds/dc10cls/ALARM_1.wav
Sound36=PanelSounds/dc10cls/FLAP_LEVER.wav

Thank you @MammyJammy for all your effort into this endeavor.

Makes this bird that much more usable and enjoyable with all these additions. Keep up the great work and looking forward to anymore refinements and tuning you may have to offer! 😄

Took this bird for a spin on VATSIM the other day and really enjoyed it. Also included is my Performance Planning flow as timestamped, would love feedback on anything I did wrong or could improve specifically on that front. The lack of STAB TRIM settings sorta throws me off, but so far, chucking it in that green takeoff range seems to be just about enough, then readjust accordingly in climb.

Anyways, thanks once again! Keep it up!

• Like 1

Vrishabh Sehgal (Richboy2307)

Forum Banner Richboy2307

Just a plain guy doing plane things - 110% AvGeek & Occasional Flightsim Streamer

@MammyJammy, just wanted to thank you for all of the work. When I created this thread I was not expecting the aircraft to get such community support, and I'm so happy that it did. Again thank you so much for making this beautiful aircraft usable in modern P3D versions.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Like 2

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

@MammyJammy first let me say thank you for the awesome guide. With that said I have a question. I am trying to setup the RNAV for the ISG gauges and I cant find the required files for steps 2, 3, 6 or 7. Do these need to be downloaded from somewhere?

On 6/8/2021 at 6:47 AM, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

@MammyJammy first let me say thank you for the awesome guide. With that said I have a question. I am trying to setup the RNAV for the ISG gauges and I cant find the required files for steps 2, 3, 6 or 7. Do these need to be downloaded from somewhere?

They are located in a ZIP file linked on page 4 of the document - The DC-10 Modifications Package.  It's a ZIP file and in there is a folder titled ISG that contains the config files for Step 2.  The rest of the files are in the ZIP sub-folder of DC-10 Installation Folder.  Some are in gauges, others are in SimObjects (the texture replacements).

Make sure you have the latest rev from late January - It is the one that contains the changes for the ISG integration.

21 hours ago, MammyJammy said:

They are located in a ZIP file linked on page 4 of the document - The DC-10 Modifications Package.  It's a ZIP file and in there is a folder titled ISG that contains the config files for Step 2.  The rest of the files are in the ZIP sub-folder of DC-10 Installation Folder.  Some are in gauges, others are in SimObjects (the texture replacements).

Make sure you have the latest rev from late January - It is the one that contains the changes for the ISG integration.

Thanks man. I dont know how I missed that.

Finally think I've gotten this working in v5 (thank you for the dedication and tweaking - that's obviously very time-consuming).

Would anyone happen to have performance information anywhere?  e.g. takeoff thrust settings, distance, etc?  I know the FMS calculates Vspeeds but I'm struggling to find "typical" maximum, derated, and climb thrust settings I should be using.  Thanks.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

5 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Would anyone happen to have performance information anywhere?  e.g. takeoff thrust settings, distance, etc?  I know the FMS calculates Vspeeds but I'm struggling to find "typical" maximum, derated, and climb thrust settings I should be using.  Thanks.

On page 28 of the mod guide, there is a link to a doc titled “Boeing DC-10 Airport Handling, Aircraft Characteristics, and Specifications”.  It has all the performance charts for a number of variants and engines in section 3 (Airplane Performance), starting on page 43 of the linked document.  While I don’t see thrust settings, it does have takeoff performance charts, cruise/payload, and approach speed/landing distance charts.

The linked document is from Boeing, so I consider it fairly “authoritative” since they acquired McDonnell Douglas.  The other doc linked on the same page of the mod guide, also from Boeing, has a ton of helpful info for the cargo variants and freight loading.

Some of the PFPX planning tweaks I have included are to best represent what is described in this document.  It’s probably not spot on, but close enough for simulation.  If you use PFPX, play around with fuel bias a bit.

Capt Korn Dog (and others) I do have some charts and documents for the DC-10; Limitation, Procedures and Performance (takeoff, climb, cruise etc) but it is for the CF6-50c2 engine variety) in 3 docs in PDF format. They were originally done by Matt Zagroen I think for a VA but they are pretty good and at least give you the data you will need.

Do a search here at the AVSIM library and for Matt Zagoren and DC10 

Category: Miscellaneous Files - Miscellaneous Files
McDonnell Douglas DC-10 Operations Manual

dc10perf.zip

Edited by coastaldriver
  • Like 1

Fedex DC-10-10F on its way to Birmingham (UK) from Leeds-Bradford.

I was watching some DC-10 departures on YouTube by Birman Bangladesh Airlines DC-10's out of Birmingham & was amazed at how steep the departure runway was. I thought I would look at the P3D v5.2HF1 version of the runway but it doesn't show much elevation change.

T45 (P3D v5.2HF1)

al-1.jpg

Edited by Treetops45

As soon as I edit the fuel and payload, tons of alarms go off int he cockpit and I cannot cancel them? Any ideas?

5 hours ago, Gimala said:

As soon as I edit the fuel and payload, tons of alarms go off int he cockpit and I cannot cancel them? Any ideas?

Two questions:

1. Can you post two screenshots, one before and one after, of the fuel and payload settings you changed?  I can attempt to recreate it if you do.  A note:  Depending on what fuel settings you made, the DC-10 does have an audible low fuel alarm.  Depending on what you are changing, it may be triggering it.
  2. Do you have the latest package (downloaded on or after Jan 25, 2021)?  There was a sound bug in an earlier one that had an incorrect sound mapping that was similar to what you are describing.  If not, re-download and replace the .lua files with those that are included in the download.

On 9/15/2021 at 5:24 AM, Gimala said:

I experience that too until it seems around engine start.  Figured it was just the age of the product and something not playing nice.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM