Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Does Just Flight DC-10 work on Prepar3D v5?

On 9/17/2021 at 10:05 AM, CaptKornDog said:

I experience that too until it seems around engine start.  Figured it was just the age of the product and something not playing nice.

On 9/15/2021 at 2:04 PM, MammyJammy said:

Two questions:

1. Can you post two screenshots, one before and one after, of the fuel and payload settings you changed?  I can attempt to recreate it if you do.  A note:  Depending on what fuel settings you made, the DC-10 does have an audible low fuel alarm.  Depending on what you are changing, it may be triggering it.
  2. Do you have the latest package (downloaded on or after Jan 25, 2021)?  There was a sound bug in an earlier one that had an incorrect sound mapping that was similar to what you are describing.  If not, re-download and replace the .lua files with those that are included in the download.

Same ask.  Post what deets you can and I can do some debugging.

I think I may have found the issue:  When either of you are loading or changing fuel, does it leave either any of the center tanks at or near zero?  And when it does, is it an alarm sound that is like a wailer siren?  If so, it's the DC-10 doing what it should be doing and alerting you have a bad fuel config.  Here's how you fix it in flight:

When the center tank (in the -30 of -40, either of the two assuming you have modified the fuel quantities as described in the doc) is less than .5% (1/2 of a percent), on the Flight Engineer panel the transfer pumps to each left and right tank must be switched on, which has the effect in the CLS DC-10 of shutting off the cross feeds.

Here's a before (slightly incorrect as I was messing around, but bear with it):

spacer.png

And the after.  To rectify, turn off the center tank pumps and turn ON both TRANS pumps (highlighted) for the left and right tanks as shown below:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Hey.

Still loving this bird after this pack brought it back to life, dose anybody know how i could update the lighting to be dynamic lighting?

That would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks.

Richard Smith

Hey, I don't know if this thread is still being read or monitored but maybe somebody is willing to help me out. 
For the last weekend I've been trying to get the sounds to work in the DC-10 but sadly I had no luck so far:(

-I have FSUIPC6 installed in my P3D V5 modules folder. 
-The dc10cls_sound2.ini has been edited like the manual instructed even used the dc10cls_sound2.ini that  was included in the "DC10SndInter.zip".
-The Panel sounds also have been copied in "E:\JustFlight_DC10\Gauges\PanelSounds\dc10cls"
-The individual panel.cfg's  have been edited like the guide instructed.

-The FSUIPC6.ini also has been edited like the guide instructed 

But still I couldn't get it to work maybe somebody notices something that I did wrong

On 10/31/2021 at 1:30 PM, malte2171 said:

Hey, I don't know if this thread is still being read or monitored but maybe somebody is willing to help me out. 
For the last weekend I've been trying to get the sounds to work in the DC-10 but sadly I had no luck so far:(

-I have FSUIPC6 installed in my P3D V5 modules folder. 
-The dc10cls_sound2.ini has been edited like the manual instructed even used the dc10cls_sound2.ini that  was included in the "DC10SndInter.zip".
-The Panel sounds also have been copied in "E:\JustFlight_DC10\Gauges\PanelSounds\dc10cls"
-The individual panel.cfg's  have been edited like the guide instructed.

-The FSUIPC6.ini also has been edited like the guide instructed 

But still I couldn't get it to work maybe somebody notices something that I did wrong

Sure is!  I just did a DC-10 cargo flight from DFW to MIA last week.  She flies great in 5.2.

As far as your issues, it's tough to say.  You'll need to make sure that the paths in your config files are exactly the same as where the files are on your system.  Some of the paths in the document are specific to my PC (since I'm the one who put the document together).  To get the sounds going, make sure you do the following and double-check your steps:

1. Make sure the changes to panel.cfg are character-correct.  Config files in FSX/P3D are finicky, so double-check your work.  Also make sure the variant you edit (-10, -30, -40, etc.) is the version you choose in-sim.  You'll need to update all of them for all variants to have sounds.
  2. Make sure you replace the entire contents of the dc10cls_sound2.ini file as-defined in the doc.  If you have duplicate sections/entries, things won't work.
  3. Make sure you copy the three .lua files in the FSUIPC sub-directory of the guide's ZIP file into the modules folder of your FSUIPC install.  If these files aren't there, it won't work.
  4. Double-check the FSUIPC.ini file to make sure the [Auto] section's names are sequential (with any other entries you have) and the names match identically the files copied into the FSUIPC modules folder.

If you still have issues, post some screenshots and/or lines from the config files and your install directories.  My guess is that it is a simple fix.

Hi MammyJammy, 

In your download guide, I can't download the "Updated Panel State configuration file for the DC-10". The panel is not showing up by pressing Ctrl-Shift-F12. Can you reload it for me please? Thank you so much!! 

On 1/3/2021 at 8:17 AM, Mace said:

Tonight I installed the ISG gauges (by Ernie Alston) as popups into my CLS/JF DC-10 within P3Dv5.1.  ISG (Integrated Simvionics) are a set of payware gauges, including FMS's that are updatable by Navigraph. Note that these are not super-hi-graphic-fidelity gauges.  They are designed to be functional above all else.  While this will not bring the PMDG MD-11 back to us, it at least gives us a hint of its goodness.  The ISG package also includes MD-11 style navigation displays etc. etc. so it's pretty ideal for making your DC-10 into an MD-10.  Thankfully, these gauges do appear to work in P3Dv5.

Since I just did this, I might as well write down in this thread a few tips on integrating the ISG gauges into the CLS/JF DC-10.  At least here at AVSIM I don't expect the thread to get archived so quickly, like this information was over at the old JustFlight forums:

1.  The ISG installer is called ISG-FSX.exe.  Or at least, the installer I get from simmarket is named that.  Don't be misled by the fact that the executable is still called "ISG-FSX.exe".  It is for P3D as well and yes you have the correct version.

2.  You must also download "isg187_x64.zip", as this contains the 64-bit gauge file you'll need.  At simmarket this comes as a separate file to download.  This isg1.gau file goes in your DC-10's /Gauges folder (i.e. for me, E:\Aircraft\JF_DC10\Gauges).

3.  I had to install the ISG-FSX.exe installer to my root P3Dv5 directory (i.e. E:\P3Dv5) or else the gauges did not work for me.  In other words, I initially tried to install the ISG stuff outside, in E:\FSTools\ISG, but then I couldn't get the FMS's to pick up the data for some reason.  I don't like putting things in the P3D root but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.  Anyway, this installation in the P3D root is what I had in P3Dv4.5 as well, so it's not like this is anything new.  Finally -- you merely need to tell the installer to install to your P3D root -- then the installer creates an ISG folder in there.  Caution.  If you specify "E:\P3Dv5\ISG" as the path, you will get E:\P3Dv5\ISG\ISG instead.  Just specify your sim root (i.e. for me, E:\P3Dv5).

4.  The ISG gauges are not easy to set up, if you've never done it before...and I would also say they require some working knowledge of panel.cfg files.  The documentation -- which is pretty good -- is a must.  And even there the docs fall short in some key details.  One key thing is, in your ISG install dir there is a subdir called "Aircraft", which holds aircraft perf files, and this must be called in your panel.cfg for that aircraft, as a 5th parameter in the gauge callout.   I have perf files for the DC-10-10 and DC-10-30, which are short enough that I could post in this thread if need be.  The FMS uses the data in those files to calculate speeds, weights, etc.

5.  VC integration.  Tonight, in my archive of DC-10 stuff, I found my VC panel.cfg that I was experimenting with 2 years ago.  I'll look into that next, but like I said earlier in this thread, I am not Mr. VC panel designer, so it's definitely amateur-hour for me when it comes to that.

Hi 

Many thanks for the development MammyJammy and also Mace. It is really genial to see that working in p3dv5!

I followed this indication above and the indication of MammyJammy on page 6: (Ah, understood.  Well the install for the patches is easy:  Simply copy the isg1.gau file over the existing one in your /Gauges folder.  The 189 beta has an installer which should install them directly, but you may want to double-check that it installed correctly (check the file size/modified date of the isg1.gau after installing).)

Everyhing is working except the LNAV.

Therefore I decided to install the isg again. it is not clear for me where the isg1.gau (version 187 64-bit) goes in the  JF_DC10\Gauges or in the C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\gauges or in both? Another thing I have also isg files (isg1.gau and ISG1_TCAS.gau)  in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges after the base installation. Do I have to move them somewhere, if yes where? This step is not clear for me as with the update 187 one of the files will be overwritten anyway

Thx!

Using your edits in v5 and loving it. Just have a few questions.

1. Assume there is no way to get fuel on the FE panel showing in KG?
  2. Is there a Simbrief profile for the aircraft out there? The default one seems to dramatically underestimate the amount of fuel needed.
  3. I've seen some videos where the GPS button on the MCP reads LNAV instead - how do you do this?

Thank you!

Edited by Gimala

For those that have the panel sounds not working, I had the same issue. Very frustrating, going over everything many times! It turned out that my PanelSounds folder had a gap between Panel, and Sounds. When I removed the gap, all sounds worked! It's one word;

PanelSounds 

not

Panel Sounds

Hope this helps!

Edited by mageej
Spelling error.

On 4/6/2022 at 6:47 AM, Gimala said:
  1. I've seen some videos where the GPS button on the MCP reads LNAV instead - how do you do this?

The directions to change the panel to support LNAV are part of the ISG gauge integration.  In order for the LNAV to work, you have to have the ISG FMC installed such that it can create a flightplan for the LNAV to follow.

• Is there a Simbrief profile for the aircraft out there? The default one seems to dramatically underestimate the amount of fuel needed.

Not that I am aware of, however I've used PFPX for a long time.  Included in the doc are some recommendations on fuel and drag bias numbers to get the planning to be more effective.  PFPX and the "lite" profile for it also under-plans the fuel burn significantly.

• Assume there is no way to get fuel on the FE panel showing in KG?

If you are willing to unpack and edit the XML gauges I'm sure you could, but otherwise I don't know if that's an out-of-the-box capability.  I could look into creating a KG gauge and including it someday...I have some other doc updates to make that I've been too busy to circle on.

Edited by MammyJammy
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 10:40 AM, rylabics said:

Therefore I decided to install the isg again. it is not clear for me where the isg1.gau (version 187 64-bit) goes in the  JF_DC10\Gauges or in the C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\gauges or in both? Another thing I have also isg files (isg1.gau and ISG1_TCAS.gau)  in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges after the base installation. Do I have to move them somewhere, if yes where? This step is not clear for me as with the update 187 one of the files will be overwritten anyway

I have a placeholder in the doc to include directions on installing the ISG gauges.  It's not all that difficult, but the default install makes it trickier than it needs to be.  The cliff notes version is this:

1. Install the ISG gauges using the download file included with your purchase from whatever online vendor like SimMarket.  When you run the install, it may put them in a default FSX location of:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges

2. This won't work so you need to copy the "ISG" folder from that directory into the "Gauges" directory of your P3D install, where ever you have it installed on your PC.

3. Download the most recent version of the ISG gauges from the ISG forums at:

http://www.fsbuild.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

Download the latest version from one of the posts at the top of the forum.  As of this post (2022-12-04) the latest are the 189 beta gauges.  The DC-10 ISG integration won't work without the updates from the ISG site.

4. From the zip file you download, copy the files over the existing files in your P3D/Gauges/ISG folder.  It should over-write the existing ISG gauge files.

5. That's it for the install.  From there you can follow the directions in the DC-10 document to integrate the panel and FMC gauges.

There is a way that I managed to get working with some symbolically linked folders to install the ISG gauges outside the P3D main directory, but it takes a lot more effort and doesn't really impact P3D upgrades too much (unless you totally wipe your PC).

Hello!

Is it possible to get this fantastic mod to work in Prepar3D v4.5 HF 3 with the free version of FSUIPC?

Kind regards,

Viggo.